the Rift

[OPEN] What may lurk in shadow.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

It was beginning to make sense, perhaps. Perhaps not. Kahlua was finding it difficult to comprehend all of this. It was difficult for her to think about things when she wasn't riled up and angry. But maybe, just maybe, things were falling in to place. The dead, the murdered. Could they really come back to life? Were they really here in the darkness? An hour ago Kahlua would have said no. She had never heard of gods, had never head of magic or horns or pegasi. Yet, here before her was a living testament to the things she had never heard of. A painted mare with wings, proclaiming the dead to come back to life. It was all too much. If she thought about it too much she was going to get a headache.

Isilme, a place she had not heard of. A place her companion apparently knew well. Kahlua's outright rage had not lasted long. She was still frustrated, but she was starting to calm. Anger was not a natural state for her and it was hard to maintain. Whatever this mare was so adamant about, Kahlua hoped she was wrong. She had only just arrived- it would be rather a shame if she was chased off from another land just as she was starting to settle in to her new life. And then, just as quick as the mare had been all shadows and darkness, her tone changed. Apologize. Kahlua looked around her. The land was still dark, the stars were still hidden. Only the flame of the fiery pit burned bright. What had changed? Nothing that she could see. Something in the painted mare.

Onni. A pretty name. She let herself smile. She didn't want to be angry. Life was too short for that. Besides, something else about the sentence had caught her attention. Dragon's Throat. She thought and thought as the painted mare looked kindly upon her. Something about the name was important. For now she just nodded knowingly (a ruse- she still didn't quite get it), although her look perhaps revealed her confusion. “Forgive me as well, I could not know.” She bowed her head down momentarily in respect and then it came to her. Dragon's Throat. World's Edge. “I think the best of us would- I'm certain you were just trying to warn me.” Kindness again. This was supposed to be her ally. “Will you stay here beside the fire until the sun returns, then?” There was no animosity, no hint of mocking as there may have been the first time she spoke. She needed to get back on this mare's good side.
I need to fix this. Thor the GentleHeart will have. My. Throat.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM