the Rift

[OPEN] What may lurk in shadow.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

So do I believe in the creepy crawlies? I don't know. Should I? I don't really think so. But I'm not so smart. And despite this mare's craziness, she doesn't seem too stupid. She said she lived it, right? And who would make up their past just to scare someone? Or maybe I'm underestimating the cruelty of some horses. But then, she doesn't seem so cruel, does she? I mean, she apologized, she's trying to make conversation. Ugh! I just don't know. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel or what I'm supposed to believe. This place is so new, so confusing. And to have the lights turned off and the darkness squeeze upon us- its just too much for me.
Kahlua watched the painted mare smile and Kahlua maintained her own. At least, it seemed, they would be able to get along despite their original differences. A good thing for Kahlua. Making enemies of allies was not a pastime that she should make a habit. Kahlua was not outright fearful anymore- but insidious thoughts crawled within her still. The cracking of the tall grasses far off from the fire pit caused her heart to wrench. Luckily it was just the shifting of the unforgiving winter winds. It was a funny thing to be afraid but also feel like you had no reason to be. They were intricacies that even Kahlua could not understand about herself. Perhaps everyone had demons to fight- even the simple minded inhabitants of Helovia.

I cannot, as much as I would like. The painted mare's words came to Kahlua and she flicked her tail just slightly. Her life had always been a series of her, doing what she liked to do, for herself. She understood the concept of loyalty but it was always a little difficult for her to implement. At least her 'likes' were often things that aligned with the 'likes' of the herd. Otherwise she probably would remain homeless, as an outcast. As the mare continued speaking, Kahlua watched her pale face and icy eyes. She really was a beautiful mare. The fear, from both of them, had made it hard to appreciate. “Perhaps we can walk together, then? Kahlua said the words almost before she knew what she was saying. Still, she liked them. “I'm afraid I've found myself a long way off from home in the World's Edge- if the night is as dangerous as you say it is then it would be pure foolishness to attempt to cross the land now.” Now, how to finalize her thought? “Would your mother welcome a stranger during these strange times for a night or two, if only to sleep on the borders?” Her voice was bright, hopeful. Was she trying to drown out the little fears that lived within her still? Perhaps. Even she didn't know.

OOC| Any thoughts on my RPing, Boom? It's been 5 years, so I feel a little rusty. I'd welcome any critique, if you have the time.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM