the Rift

[OPEN] TURNING TABLES

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx

Déodat

The depthless gaze of an indigo-eyed man peers out over the plains. They are barren and reflect only the moonlight from above which appears quite strange being that day should have risen hours ago. Perhaps he had simply been lost in time, swept away in the minutes without realizing that they were mere seconds instead. But it didn’t feel right… The darkness was everlasting and as they roamed together, a wolf and her companion, the light never came. It was maddening, this sullen darkness, and as they moved, perhaps both wondering where the sun had gone, he paused at her side.

Does this seem strange to you?” His voice is tired, still recovering from the former heat and pain of remembering. Knowing that she has stilled beside him, he turns a curious eye to her, his face finally relaxed into an impassive grimace that looks all too natural upon his stern face. Dry, cracked lips seem to part as if to say more but he falls silent, content to entertain his sense of the unknown instead of the preposterous arousal that had flourished between the pair earlier in that night. As he stared out over the quiet plains, he became entranced in the pristine beauty of their nature- how the cold would devastate this icy paradise in the absence of light.

Somehow it reminds him of death and the vague sense of loss that accompanies it. Without light to warm the earth, they are but sitting ducks waiting for the cold night to take them. It is saddening… Déodat had dealt with many different warriors- those that fought with reason, those that fought with hate, and those that fought with passion… The list goes on and on. But he had never faced an adversary as large and undefined as Mother Nature herself. He was slowly coming to the realization that if the sun didn’t rise, this would be a battle that he simply could not win.

For a moment, the man forgets his company and slowly leans against her shoulder hoping to find the reprieve he needs to recovery from such a shocking revelation, but instead he is greeted with repulsion. Widened eyes snap to her face and suddenly he is aware of all that she is, yet still he cannot seem to leave her side in fear that should he become lost in the chilling drifts, he may never return to the Basin again. “I do not think that an illegitimate horn upon your ‘brow would make you any more appealing my sweet. It would only make you a wolf in sheep’s clothing, which in your case would be completely appropriate.

The ghost of a smile touches his lips and once again he is lost to the possibilities of her- such a silly creature to waste his time with and yet so compelling, so intriguing. Gently, he runs a silken muzzle along her neck, his eyes now hooded by the fantasy of her soft moans upon his ear. But of course the sounds are only fabricated and when he once again retracts he is left feeling empty and without comfort. Perhaps he is straining to overcome her attempts at seduction, but in the end he knows it is only a losing game.

@[Confutatis]
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Confutatis the World Eater Posts: 179
Hidden Account atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 9 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mongrel :: Common Kitsune :: Dark Illusions wanda

It happened quicker than the cougar dropping onto the ram's back, jaws clutching the windpipe and tearing it savagely from muscle, gore splattering the earth. When they stepped from the glacial palace that had kept them prisoners, denmates to one another, the world was a ghostly place, layers of snow drifting eerily, ghosts in the wind, delicate sugar twirling and dancing upon whipped cream. At first, the gathering darkness appeared in form of heavy clouds, thunderous and mighty, the wind gathering and whispering, murmuring, fearful and whipping themselves to a frenzy. Déodat appeared fearless, and Confutatis calmed, letting go of the stiffness that had grasped her scarred body.

Still, the darkness becomes thicker and thicker, and her mouth dries, a river disappearing from its bed. Confutatis is not a mare predisposed to fear; she is resolute and courageous in her sickened way, and yet the heavy feeling of wrongness weighs her limbs. Darker, darker, until the light has been torn from the world entirely, and she feels as if the sight in her one good eye has been ripped from her once and for all. Terror seizes at her limbs, and numbly, seeking his warmth, she moves alongside him. Surely this cannot be night; the stars do not gleam and the moon does not shine. Wrong, wrong, the wind whispers sulkily. Oh she tries to calm the rapid beat within her chest, but its pace only quickens, oblivious to her deep rasping inhales and exhales. Slowly the paralyzing fear spreads, eating away at her, until she quivers, trembles, shakes; and she seeks the blood stallion. "This is not right, Déodat. Does the world end around us, or have I lost my sight?" For once the wolf is not so proud. Her soul hunkers down inside the broken vessel that is her body, and waits in bated breath, wishing the cruel man who turn the lights on again.

Confutatis' fear is momentarily chased away as he leans against her, the heat of skin creating a beautiful sense of bliss within her. Her heart steadies, her eyes half-close, and as they move forward, quiet animals in the eternal shadows, she is at peace. Peace! What a foreign concept; she had been born from a raped mare and a battlehungry bastard, raised on milk she had stolen from teats best she could with her mouth of acid, and from there she grew and weathered to become the most blasphemous and wasteful of beasts, a feral monster prowling the night with eyes sparkling with savage delight. She had brought countries to their knees and devastated families, and all with a laugh in her throat and a grin on her skull-painted face.

But beside Déodat, her ambitions calmed.

"I am glad to hear so," she answers, but her voice is devoid of any joy, not betraying the strange leap in her twisted little heart. "Something is wrong, Déo; there is something terribly wrong. Where are the stars and the moon, the light? Everything's darker than our black souls?"

Her mouth twists in a grim sort of grin; "Perhaps it is the gods telling us you and I could end the world together; if we wanted to, of course."

CONFUTATIS

image creds

ooc: sorry, this definitely could've been better ^^'

Déodat

It was bone chilling, the way the cold settled over his shoulders like a cape meant for the dead. He shivered not because he felt the chill but because he feared what lie ahead. His thoughts trailed from Confutatis and the way she felt against his skin to entertain darker ideas meant for wonder and contemplation. Love, sex, and other things were often topics that required minimal thought, especially to the male population (and some females as well). It was often a physical concept that did not weigh too heavily on any one individual’s mind simply because in this kingdom of Helovia, creatures were guided by the intimate sensation of touch alone. But the sunless skies were something that threatened even the most confident of animals such as Déodat himself. It stole away the primitive feeling of arousal and made him slack with worry.

His shoulders seemed to sag and his eyes seemed to cloud until there was nothing but a ghostly shell of the beast left standing there in the darkness with not moonlight to guide his eye. Maybe he was just the reincarnation of his father, but at least he felt pity, he felt shame. He did not want to face the dangers a life spent in the dark and perhaps that’s why he felt the sudden urge to reveal all that made him feel alone. It was a frightening thing for him to confess, but his past was what made him the creature he was today, as abysmal as it was.

There were few individuals on this earth that knew of him so intimately and though he did not share such information freely, perhaps this was now the time and place. After all, the pair was destined to part and see nothing of each other ever again, so what would it hurt? Slowly, all traces of the present withdrew from his face and he was clouded by the past. He was trapped between wanting to share himself in the name of feeling as though death was eminent and keeping this wolfish mare at a distance as she should be.

Had he gone mad?

It was a tempting idea- to let her in and feel more than just the ice and the cold. But of course, instinct and morality won out and he was one again rigid and speechless beside her. They were inevitably segregated not only because of their race, but because of the vow he’d taken when he’d happened upon the Basin. His family, his life, and his conscious were all devoted to the cause. They were infinitely more significant and somehow he’d been able to forget that for a moment only to be reminded by the harshest of realities. “I don’t think the sun will rise again today… or ever. I’m not sure what’s going on but I do know that there’s more to it than a simple shift in planetary alignment.

His words were grim and plagued with distress. He needed to get back to the Basin soon before the world came crashing down around them. “However, I don’t think that is has a thing to do with the coming together of two opposing creatures my wolfish girl, I am still quite aware of your misleading. You are still just as insignificant to me as the moment we met… Don’t try to make reason from your injustice. You are what you are and though I will never accept it, perhaps I will allow you equal ground, if only for today.

con by aihnna@dA

The darkness was impenetrable. It was darker than the darkest nights, and even with the surprisingly well-off night vision horses were gifted with, Confutatis could not make out hardly a thing. A predator, a lurking monster, prowling closer; the snow whispered, the air was frigid, and yet without sight she felt eerily lost, as if she had been condemned even from the heat of hell, instead locked into a freezer, left to rot in the cold. Up this far north, the sooty mare would expect a glistening veil of shimmering colors in the sky, sifting emeralds and verdant greens, indigo and violets, pale blues and sparkling vermilion, as if the rainbow had burst, unable to contain itself, forced into its mutinous arch. The very sensation of darkness so deep it was tangible, a living force around her, was sinister. It was then the harlot realized quite how vulnerable she was, even more so than usual with her single useless eye.

A subtle quiver wracked her voluptuous but blemished body. Her wickedness, her malice, her animosity and resentment seemed to bled out from her; and then the second realization of the night hit her harder than ever before.

Her mouth, scarred and corroded from the venomous acid that was her saliva- admittedly, it had built up a resistance, but nevertheless it was puckered and lined with hideous white lines- tasted strange, as if she had drunk a liter of gummy water. Hardly did the mare dare to breathe as she tentatively waited for the familiar acidulous taste to return, but it did not. Had the black oblivion that struck the world stripped her of this small protection, the tiny comfort, too? A gasp was torn from her charcoal lips; "the little fuckers! Damn the bastards!" A plethora of terrible curses were stolen from her lips as the wind moaned louder, yet still a string of nasty words made its marching way. Fuck; shit; damn; whores; unpleasant words best not mentioned any further for the little ones' innocent ears.

Her lips curled viciously, parting into a maddened snarl, the shark's grin, the wolf's growl, the cat's hissing warning. It was Déodat's words that startled her back into the cold black reality that had become the world, and she inclined her head slightly, a touch anxiously. Darkness was to become her life, it appeared; and the idea was not appealing, not when she knew Déodat would not be alongside her forever. In fact, somewhere she knew with an insistent tug that he would be leaving sooner than ever, no doubt to return to his home where he would remain safe and sage in the hordes that were his run-of-the-mill family. "The magic that is my blessing and my cursed has been stripped from me like a wolf's hide." Confutatis growls, her voice a hoarse, dark melody. "Are the gods gone, leaving our world to what will soon become chaos?"

For surely the world would not be quiet, and the dark things would creep from the earth and roam the planet shrouded in shadow.

"Sweet Déodat, the wolf and the bear fed at the same carcass," she laughs, shaking off the darkness that eats the dark. How soft she grew around the blood prince! She was maleficent and tenacious, terrible and bloodthirsty, monstrous and ambitious; her heart was steel, charred around the edges, and her lips were curled in contempt. Confutatis was no filly running from nightmares, nor a colt from his responsibilities; she would stand tall and stand mighty. "Déodat, my love, I shall not fool myself; it is your time to depart, blood prince, to return to your valiant soldiers who quake at the sign of darkness."

The wicked mare pauses, musing over what she shall say next. "I shall not weep when you leave, but I will miss your dark face and your callous eyes-" She is dramatic and theatrical, and uses it in her chilling, malicious way. "I will tell you my dirty little secret to bear- I slayed my own child with this magic that was stolen from me, I brought down a country, and I was born of a raped mare and a bastard king."

CONFUTATIS

image creds

déodat,

Her voice is like a siren to his dead ears for he had become lost to some alternate reality where there was no doubt in his mind that she was the ultimate evil here amongst the darkness. His pride had been momentarily restored and though he was reluctant to admit it, he could not stay with her forever. He had been raised to look the other way when it came to her breeding, she was the reason he had suffered through so much pain.

What stayed his hand you ask?

It’s simple- lust. He was born male, born to breed, and furthermore raised to enjoy the thought of inflicting pain on those inferior to him. If she had been any more accepting, he could have killed her. But he was not born a murderer, he was born a warrior. The two are so closely related that one might mistake one for the other, but his conscious was not something he wished to battle with and so he refrained from the desire pooling at the pit of his stomach. It asked for blood and tired moans while his mind wished only to turn away and ask forgiveness of the Gods that looked down upon his weakness in the dark that shielded him an angel’s watchful eye.

You are more a monster than I Confutatis. I fought for my family while you laid yours to rest… We are not one in the same.” His eyes had narrowed to mere slits as he gazed at her, ignoring every former statement she’d ever said. This illness she possessed was not something he admired, it was something he abhorred. The way her voice melted over him like hot wax made him cringe; he did not know of what magic she referred for he had not magic of his own, therefore he had been stripped of nothing when the sun refused to shine. He did come to wonder if that meant that every living, breathing soul in Helovia had lost their magic as well which in turn made him wonder of the power they now possessed in numbers.

He shuffled away from the mare as she grew silent. There was a moment in which he contemplated her words and thought to indulge her but couldn’t. She had given him every reason to believe that she was as much a sinner as those that refused to help aid his family so long ago. She was just as much the evil that had ripped his mother and father from his unwilling grasp. She had shown him that Equines were just as unfeeling now as they were then, even with so much distance between them. Perhaps it was a trait that she could not shake, a habit that she could not kick… But overall, she was just as much to blame for what had happened in his past and the pain that wracked his quivering body made him burn with rage.

You forget that wolves are underhanded creature my love while bears are often honest, superior. You will pay for your sins Confutatis, one way or another. I will be sure of that.” His twisted smirk seemed to fall short of humorous as he gazed at her, his teeth split between two callous lips now parched and dry. He whispered his promise to her waiting ears, knowing that each tip of his tongue would guide her closer to what lie ahead. She could not resist the danger he entailed and she would be waiting for him when he again called her to his figurative bed- only this time she would be quite surprised to find it empty, albeit herself.

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

He looked as if she had sprouted fangs and bared them at him; the blood prince cringed, pulling away from her, as if her presence tainted him with the blood on her red hands. Oh, he is terribly oblivious to the depth of her malice and corruption, how poisoned the apple is, riddled with worms on top. Nevertheless she does not betray the rising anger in her, before it slips away. Foolish, foolish stallion. Wretched kitten, unable to cling to his ball of yarn. Whatever heat had burned inside her extinguished by his unwillingness to reciprocate, the contempt in his velour voice.

"You forget so quickly, my little bird." Confutatis purrs, eyes as frigid as the cold winter air. "I'm a monster, a beast, the wolf and the lion, the bear and the panther, all in one. I'm the spider weaving her web and the tiger roaring in her jungle." There is no light, so he cannot see the hardness in her eyes and the bitter set of her white-painted jaw. "I'm the creature that is tied to a stake and watched by superstitious eyes. I'm arrogant and flawed and I will turn on you quicker than the beaten dog on its master." Oh she could continue her tirade for weeks, filled with malignant and cruel words to explain herself and terrible nature; she was sent from Satan and born of darkness. "You're blinded by your lust. You call yourself pure and yet you are so easily tempted... it's pathetic. You are a cowering mutt, Déodat my sweet." It gagged her, the contempt that ate at her heart. It twisted her gut and pierced her malicious thoughts.

"You are nothing better than I. I wonder if your crown pierces your head. For you are blinded as the fly wrapped up in the spider's threads."

Confutatis pauses, her voice coming quiet, a throaty growl. He says he fought for family- and she believed him. "A warrior is hardly different than a murderer. You have killed pegasus and horse before. I do wonder..." She studies him, falling quiet. "I am not so foolish as to demand you clear your thoughts. Go off and marry one of the sheep, for you are simply cattle as well. If you had be born to a pegasus that kicked you from her flanks and scorned you from the moment you rose to suckle, I doubt you would be so predisposed..." The dark mare shakes her head, coarse mane rustling grimly against the muscled curve of her charcoal neck. "You are racist, little pig, and what is the worst of the two evils, madwoman or genocide? Even I would not dream of wiping out entire races, save for keeping one or two pretty entertaining slaves- or whores."

Her lips curled into an unladylike snarl. "Bitter is the bitch when her master scorns her for throwing the wrong puppies." She steps forward, not acknowledging him and his promise she will pay; she steps until she might just reach him, lest he flinch and tear away. "You know I will seek, the bitch chasing her bone; but don't forget, she has claws of her own."

And then she reaches forward, aiming to clutch at the skin behind his ear, and tear it from him into a crude love-bite. "You are already tainted, Déodat."

Confutatis steps back, tearing her eye away from him, and she turns and disappears in the night- for all she knows, he may continue speaking into the empty and eternal darkness, without the gift of sight.

CONFUTATIS

image creds

ooc: this post :| can't tell if I love or hate it