the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Flux and Flow [Diesel]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
Res's feet plodded along the icy ground below her feet. She had to admit that it wasn't near as bad as it could be for the summer sun was beating down upon the terrain, but it was still dangerous. Her head was held higher, much higher, than before and her banner was swaying out majestically behind her. Her audit pricked up and she didn't even attempt to hide the missing ear. Have them look if they want to, it was something that made her, well, her. And, you could never change that. So, humming a light song on her lips she stretched out and moved forward as if she were dancing. Feet picking up and snapping in place with such a majestic feel someone who didn't know her would believe that she had always dawned herself with such a sense of nobility. Birds joined into the song, flying beside her head and the mare who used to be scared of everything didn't flinch. But that was a lie. This wasn't the same mare. She was completely different. Such confidence radiated from her very frame. And, even though she was dirtied so much along her back that it hid her intricate lacing she held such an air of importance few animals stayed hidden with the desire to not investigate the noises. Of course, there were few noises coming from her feet, minus the ever cracking ice and slight splashes of puddled water clinging up around her feet.

Who, really, was this mare? She was so different. Yet, it all felt so right. Well, minus the thoughts of killing pooling in the crevices of her mind. The thought of pounding her hooves into the scampering animals skulls and listening to the sickening crunch. Res's stomach churned at such thoughts, but the smug grin still spread across her face like wildfire, lighting up all of her features. She wanted a challenge. Something to do. She had been too still for too long. She could feel it in her joints as pranced along, eyes darting toward a cave. Good. She would have somewhere to stay the night should she feel like sleeping somewhere safer. Though, she had to admit, that sleeping on the ice would be rather cold and unfortunate.

One flick of her ear and she spun on her haunches at the sound of more ice crunching. Feet squarely planted into the sodden earth as she narrowed her eyes. Who dared sneak up upon her? A low snort escaping her nostrils as she peered around, ear pinning instantly. They thought they could sneak up on her. The stupidity of that creature. But, with a small squeak and a big bushy tail a squirrel emerged with one of the last nuts available to the area. Lowering her head she snapped out at the foul creature, watching as it scampered off at the warning and then stood. Stood and waited. She didn't need water. She didn't need food. She just needed something to challenge her. She needed something to play with.

508 words
this would be DoppleRes
for Diesel|| Poison
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The ice underneath his hooves echoed throughout the forest. It was unnatural, Diesel thought, yet he felt compelled to expand his horizons. Surely his one love couldn’t only be for the forest. Maybe he just needed some time to adjust. After all, even though this new land was most interesting, it wasn’t quite like home. The forests…tasted different here.
Nothing to be done. It was over. Finished. He was here now and he needed to make the best of it.
A noise caught Diesels attention. He stilled, his breath fogging the air in front of him. Then her scent catches him. that girl! Diesel flipped around, his gaze sweeping over the forest until he spied her. That pretty, quite little female. Diesel whickered, dropping his weight low in his legs, trying to make himself appear smaller. He knew she frightened easily, and the thought of scaring such a tiny creature offended all of his sensibilities. On a normal day, with a normal creature, he wouldn’t care. But this one…she was different. There wasn’t a mean bone in her little body.
He wanted her, he realized as he viewed her interaction with the small animal. Her wanted her to only come to him when she needed protection. He wanted her to trust him to keep her safe.
Damn her.
With an irritated, yet sweet exhalation Diesel made his way over to the pretty girl. Her eyed her as he walked to her, his hooves hopefully alerting her to his presence. With a quite whicker, he bobbed his head. His cropped mane blended so well with the winter around them that one would only think to see a black splotch of ink against the snow. His eyelashes though…disobeyed the laws of shades of white. Vivid and snowy, the stood out against his white half-mask like little, beautiful slivers of ice.
His hooves protruded from his curtain of feathers like a sliver of coal hidden in the snowbank.
It was annoying, how ill-well he hides in this world of winter. About as well, he imagined, a shy horse would in a time of war. Perhaps worse.
He exhaled and stared at resplendence, his silver eyes narrowed. She should notice him any time now. Hopefully she wasn’t waiting for … that male. That one who diesel felt he could best in a fight easily. He jus thad yet to prove his theory. He prayed she was alone.

-issosorrymylifeishecticmess-
<3

Resplendence
we'll raise ourselves up, thanks for nothing at all, so up off the ground
But it seemed that she didn't have to wait very long. Fate was good to her. One gentle swish of her tail as she peered around over the ice, waiting to hear something emerge across the icy terrain she was situated upon. Her mane pooling around her forelegs and gently gracing the tips of the ground. Gentle puffs of fog escaped her nostrils as she took a deep breath in and a deep breath out. So this is what it felt like to be free. To not have a care in the world. The freezing air kept her body alert. It was allowing her to take the world in with such new awareness it was like seeing everything fresh.

The sound of hooves broke her train of thought, ear instantly flickering backwards to the noise as she shuffled her feet just enough to start to turn her frame. She could tell he was attempting to make his overly large frame smaller. But, really, there was no way someone as large as he could even consider getting close to her height without laying down. A near silent whicker escaped his maw as e bobbed his head in welcome. As she turned her head she noticed narrowed eyes and she returned the glare. Golden orbs turning a shade or so darker in uncertainty - yet not unwelcome.

Another gentle puff of air escaped her nares as she twisted her way around again so that her entire frame was facing him. A sweeping motion occured with her hair, the darker red strands swishing some of the ice around and covering it as she raised her head confidently. "Yes, sir?" she inquired, her mind not placing the figure before her in any of her recent memories.

294 words
doppleres is difficult ._.
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He swiveled his ears the mares way, the sound of her voice like the creek during autumn. Soothing.

He moved towards her little more, his hindquarters shifting as he disbalanced his weight.
"Hello. My name is Diesel. I believe we may have met before...but perhaps I have you mistaken for another." he didn't. He knew this female from her scent, her beautiful locks. Her size.
She was protectable. She needed someone to protect her.
He wanted to be it.

Switching his thoughts to a different area, Diesel let the surrounding tell him of the creatures around. Simple things. Little things. Nothing of importance. Aside from the female. The wind changed, dragging her intoxicating smell away from Diesel.

He took another cagey step towards her, his ears flickering as he tried to catch her scent again. There was something about her that drew him. It still puzzled him. Surely he should be cautious around others...and he was. Just not around her. Around her his caution had more to do with fear of hurting her, instead of vise versa. Never would he admit to being scared of hurt. Not physical hurt though. That didn't even phase him. He was too damaged to care what his body looked like. no, the kind of hurt he feared was that that cannot mend. broken hearts and anger. Betrayal and hate.

That is what he feared.

CC...i'm sorry! I'm so busy arrrrgghhhh!

Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
The mare shuffled her feet a little, peering up at the stallion who was a good foot taller than her. He claimed they had met. He had to be mistaken. She had not yet encountered someone so tall. Not that she could recall anyway. "No, I don't believe we have," she said, watching as he still continued to attempt to be smaller. One gentle flick of her tail and she allowed her voice to flow out again. "You must be mistaken. Though, since we are introducing ourselves - I am Resplendence"

A smirk curled up on her muzzle as she watched the stag. He was highly amusing. How he attempted to not be threatening when he could easily snap bones in half. Her eyes sparkled with a darker intent - an intent that never would have shown up in the real Res. This mare that stood before Diesel was much more primal. She stalked forward, her body swaying gently with each stride as she circled around him once. "It is lovely to meet you," she purred, batting her lashes as she bumped her maw up against his shoulder. She supposed that she should have some fun. But, what kind of fun was the real question. She was stronger than she looked, though the hair being this long did hinder her ability to fight. It was easy to step upon her locks and pin her in place. It bothered her, and she'd have to find some one to braid her locks for her. That would have to be done later, though.

So, with the dark sparkle and amused smirk she allowed one last sentence to float through the air, "Would you like to play?"

291 words
Dopple Res is hard ._.
@[Diesel]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love