the Rift

[OPEN] !! Where Did The Party Go [Escape Thread]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
I allowed my crystalline hooves to float along the ground as I headed away from the weak mare who had saved me from the odd stag. It was rather annoying be stuck with her, though. She was obviously not very strong, if it wasn't for the fact that she had those strange glowing orbs. But, I had heard stories. An eternal night seemed to have fallen - I had seen it myself, there had been a lack of light for what looked to have been a couple of days now. Or, at least it had felt to have been a few days now. And, in all honesty, I could easily best this mare in a fight. It was but no problem for me. Of course she's weak mein puppe - most are. Schwere purred in his tenor chords. His personality exactly that which got him killed. Believing he could beat everyone. I was not humble in any way. But I did know when I had a chance of losing. But you won't lose. That would be dishonorable. He retorted in my head as I slunk away into the shadows.

My yellow orbs took in the ground carefully, watching the placement of the footfalls with precision. I would not make anymore noise than was absolutely necessary in order to keep moving and break from the meadow I was in. The mare seemed to be asleep, and she had let me lurk off on my own a few times - probably afraid to say too much and in those past moments I had returned. This time, though, I would not return. I hope she has that right mind to use her magic on you. It would be an exhilarating experience for me. Unheil boomed with laughter as I shook my head in dismay and trudged forward. I didn't stop until my frame had crossed into a relatively hidden area. Even then, I only glanced around and stopped to listen to the sounds - to see if I needed to run. Content with the sounds of the night I continued onward. I would be free - tonight

362 words
Escape thread (hopefully! -shot-)
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

When you are ready, I will surrender
Take me and do as you will

"I thought we had made a deal." The words resonated throughout the frosted meadow, reflecting off of the crystalline thorns and frozen ground much like the sunlight does when cast upon blue waters. They held no emotion, save for sadness, but they were loud and more than capable of penetrating even the most clouded of minds.

Shadowed hooves press against the uneven terrain of the thistle meadow, and the little mare composed of charcoal and a dash of gold weaves swiftly through the thorns, her tattoo-bare pillar laced with the wounds she had received from the day previous showing a slight limp in the wraith's gait. The pain faded from an excruciating ache to a dull throb from time to time, and at the moment Sulwyn could barely feel a thing. Her head was held high and her golden pools bore into her fleeing prisoner's back, a fire burning in each metallic orb as the emotions buried deep within her petite structure came to life. Had she not told this mare that she was virtually free? That all she had to do was meet with the Moon Goddess, and then she could wander off at night as much as she damn well wanted? The little mustang empathized for the blood-rusted vixen -- she didn't appreciate being barred from her freedom, either -- but she was also the kind of equine to keep her promises, and she had promised to let the unicorn go. So then why was she still trying to escape?

A particularly tall wall of thistle had encroached on the mustang's path, and so the wraith eased into a lope, the pounding of her injured leg against the ground easier to ignore with the prolonged duration of time that it had in the air. With a quiver of her hindquarters, the sun-branded mare vaulted herself over the clump of daggers, landing in a large pile of snow on the other side and sending the damp clumps flying all around her. Her nostrils flared and her heart pumped from the exhilaration of sprinting through the icy meadow, dense puffs of steam erupted from her naves, and suddenly, all was forgotten.

The pain. The quest. The loss of her family. Everything. There was nothing that could relate to this moment of pure ecstasy. Nothing could ruin the way that she felt now; so in control and sure of herself, unlike the timid creature that had been dragging this reckless unicorn around with her to please some gloating Goddess. It was nearly impossible to taint this revelation of hers. All that she had remaining was to steer this fleeing mare back onto her chosen path, and push forward unto dawn.

Porcelain tresses whipped against the mare's painted face as she caught up to the bloody bay, her white lips parting to draw the fae to a halt. "I beg your pardon, miss, but we had a deal. If you expect for me to hold up my part of the bargain, then you are to hold up your own." The mustang's pale banner lashed at her sides in annoyance, and a pair of delicate audits twisted back against her crown to show off her disappointment.

"You are practically free, my lady, and yet you still try to evade me." A small sigh. "We have been traveling a while now, and although I am not completely certain, I know that I can hear the distant crash of waves against stone. Another day or so and we will reach the southern borders of this land. Just stay with me until then. And then you may make your leave." Her pants have slowed to faint breaths, and the condensation rises to mix with the daunting fae's own as the captor waits for the captive to respond.

Truth do you hear me?
Don't try to come near me
So tired I sleep through the lie

Image Credits