the Rift

[OPEN] Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
Africa

Maybe I will take it home to show Sohalia or Midas... Africa had revealed her plan to Voodoo, the colt whose nose, she thought, had an uncanny resemblance to the pointed end of a strawberry. Together they had found this treasure far beneath the sun-drenched plateau, and during a wistful pause between the curious questions asked by Tesande and her own reply, the mottled grey mare felt a hollow loneliness stir within. Chemistry, bubbling and hot had been evoked between the two naive young hearts at the time, though mostly misunderstood and confusing. Both knew deep down that such attraction was taboo- she with her pure soul and beloved feathers; and he with the blood-thirsty spear between those pitiless crimson eyes.

Their lives were as conflicting as a snake with his feeble mouse meal.

Well I don’t really know what it is yet.” Africa sighed pensively as she starred down at her shimmery, beautiful prize. “I suppose it is an olivine like you say.” She continued softly, almost plainly, because really she hadn’t the slightest idea what an olivine was. Gullible as always though, she was more than willing to allow Tesande the benefit of the doubt and nodded agreeably, pleased for the most part that the trinket had been named at last. Africa too was excited and turned towards her friend to reply with renewed brightness to her dithering tone. “Voodoo and I found it beneath a cliff north of here.” She explained through a broad smile, that adventure still holding top position upon her mind’s shelf of memories, adventures and explorations. She wanted to tell the few-spot mare that she would take her to meet the colt- she wanted an excuse to find him again; but Africa held her tongue firmly between clamped teeth to resist the urge.

Maybe one day I could take you up there?” She offered slowly, carefully; instead. The sweet dappled mare fidgeted awkwardly, before lowering her nose to snuffle gently about the olivine. It was her link to Voodoo; a memory that she could touch and hold. The invitation was not an empty one mind you, Africa was curious to return to the cliff-side cave and delve deeper through that murky darkness to find what else might be lurking within. Before they did embark on that journey though, she was determined to figure out if her stone held any greater value- she did not think it presented as any ‘ordinary’ piece, and true to her word, she had every intention of taking it to the wisest of her clan to be examined. Perhaps tomorrow she pondered in thoughtful silence, and began restoring the sand mound.

Art by Nevada
Table by Neo!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 06-26-2013, 04:59 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 06-28-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Africa - 06-28-2013, 09:27 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 07-01-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Shared secrets and daisy chains [Tesande, Open] - by Tesande - 07-03-2013, 05:23 PM