the Rift

[OPEN] Weary Steps

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Hellena
It was a comfort to know my call would be answered, no matter the true reasons behind the obedience. Those who were our enemies may be cruel in taking from us a healer, but at least we had another, experienced in the art of directing the shadows and wind into the confines of the body, putting their power into mending, knitting together broken sinew, reconnecting disconnected vessels, ensuring the heart and mind were sound. My tiara nodded to the grulla as she arrived, my horn tilting towards the drake who accompanied her as silent, quiet acknowledgement. The concern in my eyes flickered to meet her gaze, and then focus solely upon the fallen pegasus who slept restlessly at my hooves; I did not answer her query, merely allowed her wise mind to put the pieces together, and get to work swiftly to rectify the clear wrong that had been done here.

I felt the magic of the lands swell and gather, I always felt them, in the mists, in the moonlight, and it was humbling for me to witness another wield them with expertise and respect as I would do. The mists followed my commands, gave me clues as to the past, present and future that may unfold, but beyond that, they held no direct interaction that I could use upon another, friendly or no. The concern in my mask slowly gave way to relief, though the lines of worry did not completely fade - I was no fool to think that such a journey of healing could ever be so easy. I could only imagine the mental torment she was going through, the fear that would grip her, the depression for her own situation that would plague her. I could not bear to send her home unless she had come to terms with her ordeal, but I felt that such a thing would be impossible to do in a reasonable amount of time - and I did not intend on keeping her here, against her will, for the rest of her life (for I assumed that the trauma would haunt her forevermore).

Raising my warm violet irises to view the Wild Rose once more, I finally motion to speak to her. "At least she can rest now, without waking to agony every time she twitches. Thank you Smoke, Zaffre." I looked to the dragon, and the consequently to the exotic bird that was the bonded of Africa, the one we had rescued. "Guard her dreams, little zephyr, ensure they are soothing and long lasting." I speak with warmth and welcome to our winged friend, hoping that he would recognise the relative peace his bonded would be feeling now, hoping that he understood my plea to encourage his beloved to sleep through until morning and beyond if needed; the path to healing began with resting one's mind, preparing it to face the day ahead. Turning my sights back to Smoke, I offer a smile that held no happiness.

"Dark times are ahead." The words drop from my mouth with the abstract notion that contained no real context. Smoothly, I moved my body so that I might lay near the fallen mare. Though infection did not plague her bodice any more, it was not warm in this season (though it would invariably be warmer here than her previous prison cell), and while she still shook with dreams of violence and fear I hoped to at least soothe the tremors that might rack her body. I could block out some of the chill with my own ivory hide pressed up against her similarly grey one, legs folded neatly beneath me, elongated tail draped over her haunches, and my nape running parallel to her own, to increase the skin to skin contact and therefore, the warmth that might spread between us. Sleep was not something that came to me often, and tonight would be no different; I would meditate, philosophise and ponder the events that had unfolded, and wonder at what would continue to unravel as our futures became our presents.

[ ooc :: It's totally fine Riv <3

You're welcome to have her wake up in the morning, or whenever, Hellena is lying by her side for warmth - I assume Smoke is nearby also. ^^ ]
in rumor we find truth and in life we find lies, death offers only a temporary respite.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-23-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-25-2013, 06:15 AM
RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 06-27-2013, 01:36 AM
RE: Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-27-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-27-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Weary Steps - by Cirrus - 06-29-2013, 07:10 AM
RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM