the Rift

[OPEN] Weary Steps

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Our Northern venture had proven interesting if unsuccessful, so far. Clinging to the back of my beloved as we flew, the wind as our guide, we drifted, almost out of habit, along a line that would put us near the borders to the World's Edge, our herd led by a mare whom Kri herself considered much a sister, and so Cirrus inherently felt safe with them. I felt the trickle of thought go through her intelligent tiara, considering pulling over to rest, to see how they were coping through the winter, and perhaps, to see if she could learn anything from their healers, much as she had intended to do with the guild . The morning's sunrise was splashed across her pelt, the sparse clouds patterning her with pale, soft-looking markings, marred of course by the fact that a great black and blue hound was sprawled across her winters and spine. It was awkward, but functional, and so we continued to use it when travelling across great distances, such as that from the Steppe to the Throat.

We landed upon the borders, and it was there that I departed from her back. We were quite north to the realm still, and as I relieved myself nearby, I could not help but detect the most curious of scents, accompanied by a very interesting trail. Three sets of hooves, two of them almost identical, one of them done by something very weak, and stumbling, and injured, and feathered… and from the Throat. My sensitive nostrils did not miss much, and as I began following the trail, so too did my bonded soon rush to my side, worry whirling all about her as she trotted to keep up with my determined pace. We met the brothers of darkness and flame whose hooves had marked the trail earlier on, so similar to their sister, the leader here, they were, that Cirrus was struck silent for a moment. A few passing words, and we were permitted, almost encouraged, to pass by.

The fog thickened, but it did not hinder my nose's capabilities. My tail was set determinedly behind me, taut and straight, my back alighting in those dancing blue flames to better allow my beloved to see. Even though sunlight broke out above us, it was densely forested here, and sight was obscured further by these thick mists, so it was by scent and sound that we travelled by mostly. I paused, just before we both stepped into a strange, small clearing of sorts, a low whine emanating from my throat as we did so, as we assessed what was before us. "Africa!" My beloved little cloud exclaimed, shock, happiness, surprise and horror all revealed in that one word. With barely a glance spared for the other present, my beloved young healer surged forth and draped a wing over her friend, rubbing her muzzle along her nape, attempting to dry her tears with the soft velvet touch of her maw.

"What happened?" Swiftly she threw a glance to the others present, forgetting completely to introduce both herself and me, simply demanding answers without considering the consequences of her unannounced arrival. I sat on the edge of the group, hoping to appear small and nonthreatening for the time being, shaking my head slightly as my bonded forgot everything about manners for the sake of wanting to help a friend in need.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:14 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-23-2013, 02:59 PM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-25-2013, 06:15 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 06-27-2013, 01:36 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-27-2013, 03:50 AM