the Rift

[OPEN] Weary Steps

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Many things occurred, most of which I am sure went unnoticed by my beloved. But I watched, from my position on the cusp of the shadows and this misty abode, I saw it all. I watched as the grey one recoiled from my beloved's touch, as my little cloud's attention was taken by the words of the others, as all the attention seemed to focus upon getting this poor broken mare back to a place she should be thrilled to see again - home - but the mare in question seemed to want nothing more but to disappear altogether. I padded my way softly around the group, before angling myself so that I sat directly in front of her, my cerulean gaze peering up at her with silent questions emanating from them. Why do you run? they seemed to ask, why do you hurt?. They were simple questions, but ones I felt needed to be asked of her, now. It was a shame I had no way of communicating them directly to her - but as I looked to her companion above us, I whined softly, hoping to inspire him to provide more of a supporting buffer to his bonded, just as I did when my own little cloud's father passed away.

Said little cloud, meanwhile, listened to what the others had to say, barely registering that Africa had placed distance between them, so focused was she on knowing just what had befallen her friend - she had forgotten all about her actual friend. She nodded to those present, before I pressed quite urgently upon her mind, calling for her breezy attention to come back to me, to Africa, to decipher this dark and torturous mystery that tumbled in and about the one-winged grey. With worry upon her brow once more, my beloved moved with a breeze swirling around her, pressing herself between the others until she was standing behind me, facing Africa, once more.

"Africa, it's okay..." Her voice was soft and apologetic, her maw reaching out again to touch upon the mare's damp cheek. "We'll get you home when you feel proper and ready again. There's no rush. And I'll.. I'll get you your wing back. Somehow." A small frown of concentration had etched itself across her brow, as I felt her thoughts twist and turn along just the path she would take in order to do just what she promised. I loved my beloved and her sense of optimism, but even I could not see how it would be possible. "You will be all right again, Africa, I promise it." The determination leaked into her tones, the stubborn decision settling firmly in her mind. I felt the summons of her soul against my own, urging me to ride upon her back once more, but I did not listen to it - I did not want to leave here just yet. My beloved sighed, as she looked to her company once more. "Thank you." She finally said to them, unsure of how else to repay our allies, our sisters in morals and lore. "I'll be back soon."

Her words were given to all those present, her electric gaze peering with earnest at Africa, hoping for some kind of reaction, some kind of affirmation that she was still there, somewhere, beneath the many layers of tortured body and soul. I too, searched, reaching out my damp nose to brush it against the pewter muzzle of the broken maiden. As my beloved moved, spreading her generous wingspan and ensuring that she did not clip any of those present, I leaped to her back, and held on with paws and tooth, as the wind filled the space beneath her feathers and lifted her from the ground. We were off, flying mostly east, a goal set in mind with little clue as to how to achieve it known.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:14 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-23-2013, 02:59 PM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-25-2013, 06:15 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Africa - 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Smoke - 06-27-2013, 01:36 AM
    RE: Weary Steps - by Hellena - 06-27-2013, 03:50 AM