the Rift

[PRIVATE] When The Sun Comes Up
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Hugging a huge wolf wasn't things he usually did, but some time has to be the first for everything, no? Her fur smelled nice, of forest and life, though he couldn't help but feel that undercurrent of instinct, because she did smell a lot like a wolf. The faint odor of her predator's breath was a constant backdrop, a reminder that she preyed on flesh. So do I Irma chimed in helpfully, and he smothered the chuckle. He didn't judge Arathea for her feeding habits – but he did have to battle the instincts which had kept his ancestors alive for generations.

His offer seemed to take her by surprise, and he felt a small smile curl his lips. She was kind and likeable, and had been willing to help him with Irma's feeding, and on top of that, she was a wolf. To be allied with such a creature would boost the morale of his troops, and perhaps frighten those who came knocking on their door (or maybe they wouldn't care, being used to Vikram and Mirage, but dragons had a history of co-existing with the horses; wolves, did not). His blue eyes went to Voodoo, who was rather subdued, not saying anything, but watching intently. Arathea had taken a few steps back, looking rather small and fragile with her slender body hunched over like that. It stirred that same kind of pity in his heart; what kind of wolf was she, that she had to carve out her existence in a land of horses? All alone?

"I'm sure you would be," he replied evenly, though his eyes were watching Voodoo, trying to gauge his reaction. "If I'm not mistaken, there were several in the Edge who were interested by having a wolf around, and in the Basin, at least one regular wolf has shared our home." Mauja glanced down at Arathea again. "But, there are always some who will be worried or disagree. We are, after all, tasty animals." One corner of his mouth curled up in a lopsided grin, and he let his eyes fall back on the other unicorn. "Voodoo?" The name was a question, an invitation to hear the charcoal youth's opinion on it all.
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Arathea - 06-24-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Mauja - 06-28-2013, 04:31 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Arathea - 06-30-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Mauja - 07-07-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 07-07-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Arathea - 07-08-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Mauja - 07-14-2013, 05:18 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 07-15-2013, 07:35 PM