the Rift

[PRIVATE] When The Sun Comes Up
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( prepare for epic suck ;~; )

There was something touching about creating happiness in another.. in being able to give them something they wanted. He could understand those who always strove to please others, who, in a roundabout fashion, gave up their lives for others – in a way, it was similar to what he was doing, sacrificing the individual for the future of the group. A small smile touched his face, blue eyes lightening up, softening, and he met Voodoo's red gaze silently. He seemed.. questioning, of something, but not of Mauja's faith in the wolf. At least, his voice agreed, and it seemed to be all that Arathea needed at least, as she proclaimed she would go there in spring and seek to take up her old position. It did surprise him somewhat, though; she had a lot of fur, didn't she? She looked sleeker than Mauja and his rugged winter coat, but wasn't that just because how it fell on her body? And what about next winter? Would she be able to stay in the warm Basin valley, or did she need to hunt on the tundra, and how dangerous would that be to her?

Time will tell, he told himself silently, and nodded. Maybe it would even be for the better. Perhaps all his own mischief would be over by then, so he could be there to greet her, and vouch for her? "If I am not there to greet you, seek out Psyche, Ulrik or d'Artagnan; simply tell them you're a friend of mine," he advised her gently as she huddled in the bitter wind; when she got up to shake, he laughed quietly and stepped out of reach. He could stay warm in winter, but it was harder if he was wet. "I'll see you around," he said by way of parting, watching her go, entranced by the dual emotions: fascination of nature's machinery, and that undercurrent of anxiety that predators brought with them. Once the wolf was away, he turned to Voodoo, looking at him in silence.
night-fate-stock -- dreamofsandman -- deirdre-T -- deviantart.com // i-mi.deviantart.com
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Arathea - 06-24-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Mauja - 06-28-2013, 04:31 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 06-29-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Arathea - 06-30-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Mauja - 07-07-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 07-07-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Arathea - 07-08-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Mauja - 07-14-2013, 05:18 AM
RE: When The Sun Comes Up - by Voodoo - 07-15-2013, 07:35 PM