the Rift

[OPEN] Morning Sickness [Adrixaura]

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Migration. Tonka had promised it to her. There was no way she could possibly raise a family in that icebox and there no way she would. She simply wouldn't suffer anymore. She had explained it all to him and he had promised. With that, she was where she was; in the Heavenly Fields surrounded by darkness.

She didn't know what the heck the Gods were doing but the sun had failed to rise in a few days. Darkness had swallowed the entire land and when she flew to see her surroundings, she couldn't. There was a glowing tree, illuminating some parts of the Heavenly Fields and also illuminating the outline of Chemical. She was laying down in the grass and was wondering how long it would be before it all died.

The best part of the darkness, however, was that Chemical would blend in with the shadows. Predators? She would hide. She would soar and take off to another beacon and only land when she saw one. Simple as that. There was no other way, was there? She would not let her and her developing children be harmed.

Wow, Chemical. You've changed. You now have a liability. Shocker?! I told you not to. I told you to stop, but you- She shut up the voice in her head, closing it out once more. It was the truth in some ways, however. She had changed slightly. She had grown more protective and more on guard. She had become more... what was the word? Bitchy? Perhaps that was it.

Chemical heard a noise and with this, she heaved herself up rapidly and all in one motion her wings were ready for flight or fight. Every hair on her body was standing up and her crimson orbs flashed with anger, piercing the unseen object in the eternal night. "Speak now, beast! Or forever be silenced!" Surely if it was one of her 'herd' members, they would understand her position, right? She would hope to be forgiven.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
When night swept in, the spotted mare was relieved to a home stretch of who she once was could be still around. At one point in her life, she belonged to the night and worked as a slave as her mother was to the earth. No, they were not gods, nor where they magical. They just belonged to a nonliving thing that enslaved them to work that didn't have the power to do things. And enternal night was bringing her close to home.
It wasn't as if she had just forgotten home. Onsoun was still Dad, Saffiatta Hecate was still Saf because she could never call her Mom, and her siblings were still her siblings. She just dropped everything one day, and took off to escape Kanai. And Sol followed. The golden stallion was her lifeline like Onsoun and Myrsk were to her, and when she found herself without everyone, there was Ignita and Faelon there. Soon after, there was Sikeax.
Sikeax was unexpected, but she still loved her only daughter, and found herself happy to be near her child. The pregnancy played hell upon her, and her body still ached and complained. Walking through the fog in just the black, lacking the Moon and the stars as her ever faithful companions to the sky being gone, there wasn't much she was comfortable with here. Up ahead was the Heavenly Fields, a place she could just sit back and relax at. As she broke through the fog, there was the first thing that was making this current thing with the sky weird.
The fucking tree's glowed.
She groaned at the sight of the tree, a few words falling out of her mother at the process. "Damn tree. If you kick it, does it go out like a lightbulb?" It brought a short laugh to her, her pale blue eyes searching over the area for other movement. No, Adrixaura wasn't scared. She wasn't fearful of the fact that there were other creatures in this time of night other than her. Hell, she cherished the night. Why was she to be fearful in the time that she cherished?
A voice burst out from the landscape, a figure stood from around the tree. The mare laughed at the harsh words that fell flat. She'd find something worse this soul. "Oh shut up you damned feathered freak. Silencing won't get you anywhere, just gets me angrier at you and I might as well silence both of us." It's her common attitude returning the night sky in reverse mare, and as the golden light from the tree fell upon her white body, she noticed the situation extended a bit further when the smell was like Assassin, and who knew what scum had been brought into the group while Knox had her imprisoned.
"Adrixaura. Assassin."
Her introduction was just short, unlike the hateful ones she was known to the dish out normally. This mare was an Assassin, and though she could live a careless about anyone except herself and the ones lucky enough for her to give even a thought about, this one was one of her own. Right now, she was gonna make the impression everyone needed on her.
The Devil's Advocate will use in everyway. You are a pawn for her to manipulate, to tweek, to use as she pleases. Get the name right, and feel her fury, know her strength, and watch your own weaknesses where you ever you step.

image credits
table by whit

Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

This bitch was an Assassin? This was the mare whom Chemical had attempted to free so she could return to them? Some welcoming committee, eh?

"Chemical. Lead soldier of the Assassins." Chemical chuckled, ears perked up. Adrixuara didn't scare her and any threat Chemical knew she could handle. But she was part of the Assassins and thus she was an ally. Anything else should be put behind them. Afterall, they were all a family, right?

"So why don't we put this behind us to more decent introductions then, ally? I am Chemical. How are you on this starless and beautiful night?"

As it truly was a starless and beautiful night but had she not been carrying a child she might have saw that. Had she not been carrying a child, many things would have been different. Including the seemingly increasing weight that seemed to be continuously adding on.

It was getting harder to fly and while it wasn't much, it was apparent that she was having to exert energy much more to get off the ground.

Anyone that had seen her agile, yet lean figure before could tell that it was certainly more bulky around her barrel now. She pushed these thoughts out of her mind and sighed "So you must be the Adrixaura that we were planning on rescuing from the Foothills, correct? I've heard good things about you."

gas mask< a href="http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/friesian%20horse">horsepattern

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
She raised a would-be eyebrow at the black winged mare, and snorted. If this mare was the leader of the soldiers, then what was she doing just lying about? Some leader she was. She'd come across the mare while she was lying down, but as she stood now, Adri still held no care for her. Just another horse that was in the Assassins, that later on she would have to put up with. Nothing more. So why was she here, and furthermore, why was even striking up conversation with this mare?
Chemical asked her for a more decent introduction, and asked for a question. A simple question. Just being asked how she was this night. How was she doing this night? Well, she was sore, wandering about looking for her daughter to return her home during this time, thinking about home and getting somewhat homesick, and wanting to return to the cold air of the Frozen Arch. It was cold here, but never cold enough to what she had grown accustommed to in the short amount of time spent in the Arch. Yet, there was a question that had been presented, and as much as she hated Chemical already, she was gonna have to answer it or Tonka might have her hide later on.
"If you must know, I'm feeling homesick of the night reminds me of home, and looking for my daughter. She needs to return to the Arch for the duration of this endless night for her own safety." Somewhere along the words of 'endless night', she felt her voice soften before returning to the common hateful tone. What now, chitter chatter with a mare that is supposed to be the Warrior leader of the Assassins? There's better things to do with this time. The wind rustled the leaves of the glowing tree, catching the attention of the mare only for a short amount of time. Her eyes stayed upon it, wondering if her daughter was already making her journey home now. Hopefully she was. A search party for her child could bring questioning as of how good of a mother she was.
She listens as the mare sighs, and then says she knows good things about her. What rumours of herself have been thrown about the lands already? She sneers at the mare, almost disgusted. There's still a black flame inside her chest, one that Knox had discovered exactly how to throw gasoline at and make it roar with anger. Ah, yes, she still holds the key to being the monster of a mare she is notorious. The question tonight is, is Chemical going to be smart enough to watch her words and actions around the mare? A state of anger seems permanment with her after time in the Foothills. Even the word itself makes the black flame within her chest surge forward with fury. She bites her tongue, knowing the naive ways of this mare. She'll learn, yes, she'll learn soon enough, she reminds herself with quick haste.
"Hmm... yes. If you are to ever get anywhere with the likes of myself, we first must set down simple ground rules. One, you say my name right. Always. Two, never speak of the Foothills, or of Knox. The filth of that land is to great and only angers me more to even think that word."
Every word, every action, every thing the spotted mare does has a bit, a piece of personal hatred and dwelling inside it. Sol could never came sure of breaking the mare off from her attitude, the golden stallion was almost as bad as her. Her father had put such a heavy spell upon her, there's no true love's kiss to break the hatred with this fiery mare. She might have the night living reverse on her body, base coat a pristine white with black leopard Appaloosa spotting on her face, upper neck, and front legs, and a mane and tail to suit with the endless sea of black above. Turn her inside out, and you'd get something.
"Yet, Chemical, tell me what you've heard of me. I simply must know." The voice that falls from her toils between having a fake kindness that the winged mare might be naive enough to believe in, and a hatred that only Adrixaura herself could notice in a split moment. She knew herself to well, and having rumours running rampant through the lands could mean a few things: Either someone was saying things about her, or someone got low enough to blurt anything about her to the open minds of anyone who dare come near them. She reminds herself that in this place, there were those out there that stupid. Stupid enough to just go about and spill everything they knew about someone. Her eyes lingered over Chemical, clearing seeing the pregnancing within the mare. Clearly this mare wanted the prize of a foal like Adri had with Sikeax to herself. Her daughter wouldn't be the only foal in the Assassins after some time, but her daughter was still important. Sikeax had been born as the first born Assassin. That's a triumph itself.
Yet, she cannot keep herself quiet too long. People gotta hear you speak. It keeps their minds knowing that you're listening to them. So, she releases a laugh and stares the mare straight in the eyes. "Well, it seems as I can't keep the blessing of being a mother only to myself. Someone else has to come in and just ruin the party." The words were meant to hurt, and she didn't care if they did or not. Whoever this mare was, she meant nothing. The members that were there when it just been Ignita, Tonka, herself, and a few others, well, those were the ones she would always respect the most. The rest you ask? Earn it, idiots.

image credits
table by whit

Unregistered

"Yeah, number one, don't push me around like I'm your bitch. Now are we going to continue this facade of masked anger? Or build a bridge and get over it?"

Chemical was certainly in no mood to put up with shit which was probably the only reason she had herself plagued a facade. The hatred ever growing for this arrogant mare had her pulse quickening it's pace. And it was obvious that Adrixuara was also putting on a mask. Abuse had taught her better than to trust. One couldn't simply ignore the raw body language and words coming from her.

"Simply the fact that you were an admirable member and loyal to your cause." Emotionless was the word to describe the words coming from her mouth. No tone implying anger nor the alter. She was simply trying to contain herself. It was often not, Chemical found herself with anger that caused her to do things she would later regret.

However, she then spoke of her pregnancy and Chemical's ears instantly pinned themselves back. It didn't hurt her and it certainly didn't offend her. And since when did this arrogant bitch think that motherhood belonged to one?!?

"Last time I recalled, you are certainly not the first to become pregnant and have a child and certainly will not be the last unless a star falls and strikes us dead where we stand. But there are simply no stars to fall right now, is there?"

[[Please don't hate Chemical forever! x3]]

gas maskhorsepattern