the Rift

The Silver Dagger [all welcome!]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Absent footfalls kissed fire-burned earth, delicate steps leaving no sound and little trace in the wake of my shadowy figure. It was the sense of Akaith which drew me hence, the call of her mind against my own leading my wanderings to this spectacle. At the brink separating ashen pit from wandering grassland, I faltered, hesitancy suddenly sprouting, a cautious spring within my thoughts. From the embrace of tall grasses and against the harsh, flickering light of vibrant flame, I could see the two who explored their fresh bond, and pursue the feelings that run wild through my mind.

I watched from a distance, dark gaze pursuing the cloaked mare in her flight, and wonder. I wonder who she is - not her name, for I knew that - but who, truly, she was. I wonder what she does here, in Helovia, in my sibling's lives. I wonder at the extent of my own sister's affection for her, and what she must be, to have earned it. Couth, I had a name to place on the creature, but nothing more except that she bore a blessing from our Lady moon. She landed; they spoke; I could not help but wonder what my sister said, what they whispered, why they laughed. And yet something kept me from approaching, stayed my hooves and stilled my body.

The familiarity shared between dark and light equines is something I cannot help but feel some slight envy for - for it is something I am shut out of. The feelings Mirage seems to share with so many in this land is something I have yet to build; she searches for the ties from which I shy away, and indeed seem prone to break. You say that to keep yourself from trying.

I say that because it is true.
I remember Rhet, remember the children and Riya and I remember those I have lost or left on the road, the others through the years who are now only ghosts against the hazy voyage of my memories.

Make new memories.

Fine. Watch me.

Confidence feigned, nonchalance adopted; I slip from the reeds as soft as a breeze, neckwear bobbing gently against narrow breastbone, the sheltered egg pale crimson in the firelight. They are not facing me as I draw near, but I have no doubt that Mirage is aware of my presence - and perhaps has been for some time now. Dark auds listen carefully for the whisper of sound; so what can you tell me about your Vikram? Oh, look, gossip about my little sister's love life. Just what I need to hear. Before I can stop it, an exasperated sigh is squeezed from my lungs, tinged with humor and mock disgust. "Yes, please." Laughter glitters in my eyes as I draw alongside my smaller sister, letting soft muzzle drift across her spine, until my neck drapes across her withers. "Tell us all about your romance, all the saucy details. Do you go prancing through posies in the moonlight?" Wry drawl is tinged with subtle venom, dark and teasing and perhaps unnoticable by Couth, but no doubt familiar to my little shadow.

Messages In This Thread
The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Couth - 07-26-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Mirage - 07-26-2012, 11:36 PM
RE: The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Couth - 07-27-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Mirage - 07-27-2012, 08:36 PM
RE: The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Couth - 08-04-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Rishima - 08-04-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: The Silver Dagger [all welcome!] - by Mirage - 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM