the Rift

[OPEN] Hope in Home [Lev Fence; Open]

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

The frostfall season is reaching its peak. I had returned to the Foothills after my fruitless vacation to Helovia’s Heart, only I was back with more than troubles than I had left with.
Another hesitant step into the biting snow ahead of me, only as I pushed forward I kicked up my back left leg in an agonizing limp. I exhaled briefly before the next step, I was making my way in the direction of a tree I had sought shelter under for most of the winter days in the Foothills. It was a pine tree with branches that sagged all the way to the ground, they were often buried by the snow, and under that tree it was clear of snow. Safe from the elements, it was my greatest safe spot in the Foothills.

I grimaced and closed my eyes tightly; each painful step brought me back to that moment in Helovia’s Heart. It flashed in my mind, every detail playing back to me step by step. I charged the foal, the foal ran, I pounced… then I dropped.
Charged… chased… pounced… dropped.
Charged. Chased. Pounced. Dropped.
Charged, chased, pounced, dropped.
Charged chased pounced dropped
Chargedchasedpounceddropped
Chargedchasedpounceddropped.

The thoughts raced toxically in my head, overwhelming me. What happened?? I could only ask myself over and over with great confusion.
In my mouth I carried a single very, very large sparkling purple feather, one of Irrydea’s feathers I’d found on the ground after our skirmish. It’s got to be the biggest feather I’ve ever seen, belonging to one of the biggest flying animals I’ve ever seen, the feather itself was half my size. I mostly took the feather because it was so beautiful, but it also brought a vision of the horse to mind, that moment just left me so confused. I just didn’t understand what happened, it was like she had attacked me with nothing but air. I pondered deeply about it as I walked, delicately holding the feather with hung from the corner of my mouth. My shelter coming into view I began to relax, the entrance had become slightly covered up by the rising snow, a result of my absence. Approaching the opening, I scraped away the extra snow at the opening then sit in the opening of my den. The snow covered tree blocking the biting northern wind I can get comfortable. I tried not to dwell on the even back in the Heart, to distract myself I hold the glimmering purple feather between my paws, swaying my head back and forth a little bit to watch the sun light dance over the feather follicles. It shined like no feather I’ve ever seen before, it didn’t just shine, it sparkled. I gained pleasure in just toying with the small piece of Irrydea, a comfort to keep my spirits up even though the injury to my leg put me in real trouble. My hurt leg could cripples my ability to hunt, I need a miracle to get out of this mess.

OOD: Donai's never encountered magic before, so she doesn't have a clue what Irrydea did.
This post is for Levy when she gets back :3 And anyone else who wants to bug my cat.