the Rift

[OPEN] Under a starless sky.

Sage Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SAGE
my sun sets to rise again.

A hearty laugh in the distance is heard. The lady of golden sheens narrows her eyes for a moment before letting out a sly smile, knowing exactly what trouble awaited her in the darkness. The large, troublesome stallions Mirage called brothers - Madryn and Maskan. Sage knew the family well enough in her time spent here, but something about the twin brothers still evaded her. The beauty retains her suspicion that the mischevious pair were truly good at heart, though they held bawdy tongues and a less than desirable sense of humor. No matter, the heart is what mattered most.

Surely as the wind blows, two figures rise from the shadows. The teal-eyed girl takes a minute to glance in each of their directions, smirk still planted upon her fleshy lips. Their nickers are returned with one of her own, and the mare takes turn leaning into the soft, greeting muzzle of each of the brothers. "Figures, the lazy asses," she says in return to their banter. "Making us run their errands and then disappearing without notice." Her attitude grows solemn in response to the words of Maskan, elegant features drawing into a pout of lips and knit brow. A week without word from them, with no end in sight. Sage was grateful to have returned home when she did. Without the protection from the Gods, the World's Edge would be relying on muscle and wit of its inhabitants.

Madryn and Maskan were good for muscle, Mirage had the wit to guide her people, but Sage likely had the loudest mouth to order commands.

Her distant eyes brighten again at the sound of the husky voice, feeling golden eyes upon her frame. The lady takes graceful movements away from the strange formation of the twins at both of her sides, Madryn's teeth pulling easily from her silk of mane. As she walks past, the golden warrior flicks her tail strongly in the direction of his face in a friendly reminder she will kick his ass before turning around swiftly to face the pair. "Lucky for you. Now, I can pick up any slack of our brother in arms." She takes pause, looking around the forest at the branches reflecting the soft light of the stars laden in the mists. Are you here to stay now?

A gruff smile forms on her delicate features, looking toward Maskan with fierce eyes, despite their pallid and calm hue. "If you will have me back." She says, before growing more serious. The mission she had been sent on, tasked to find the missing members of their former home, had come up starkly empty handed, albeit drawn out and long. "The land of the Moon appears to be abandoned, except for the occasional vagabond passing through. I am not sure what happened to your former friends and kin, but I was unable to locate them or hear of their possible whereabouts."

Eyes passing from twin to twin, Sage seems to give a bit more empathy in her gaze than usual. The disappearance of loved ones never would be news welcomed easily, but the Brothers, she hoped, would be more understanding and stronger than most. After taking a moment, the beauty puts on a different, ambitious expression. "More importantly, is the one who took my place capable of handling what this night may hold, or do I need to step in?"

Messages In This Thread
Under a starless sky. - by Sage - 06-28-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Madyrn Maskan - 06-29-2013, 03:45 AM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Sage - 06-29-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Madyrn Maskan - 06-30-2013, 07:31 AM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Sage - 06-30-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Lace - 07-01-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Madyrn Maskan - 07-11-2013, 04:38 AM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Sage - 07-26-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Lace - 07-27-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Madyrn Maskan - 07-28-2013, 04:25 AM
RE: Under a starless sky. - by Sage - 07-28-2013, 08:32 PM