the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choices you don't want to have to make.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia heard a quiet nicker, a whisper of a voice in the darkness and she lowered her pearly weapon. In this murk of the unseen, what beast would use a familiar call to set prey off guard? An intelligent one... Ophelia turned her face, the lamp-like blue eye more capable of seeing in this darkness than the one tinted red. Only when she was able to make the clear outline of a smaller, feminine form did the pale one relax, but she had to admit that even the thought of a scare was pleasant. At least the threat forced her out of her own head, at least for a little while.

The sounds of the mare's muzzle on the waters and her scent reached her nostrils first, filling them with a strange, foreign smell. Ophelia furrowed her brows and closed her eyes. The World's Edge. She had trespassed there once and had only returned once more, but this mare, she had never seen before and yet the scent clung to her like a second skin. It was almost as if she embodied every ambient waft of tree that had ever grown there, and this was intriguing.

What Ophelia had wanted was solitude, but she had been granted something better. This mare held an air of ancient wisdom, something the pale princess greatly desired, admired. Could she help?

Tinek seemed very interested as well since he carefully put down a distressed turtle near the edge of the pool and then turned to go greet this stranger. Talons dug into the earth as he trotted closer, long, scaled tail swinging in time with his gait. Once close enough, he rocked back onto his muscular hind legs and reached up his long neck to touch noses, to say hello the way the horses do. Ophelia opens her bond, allowing him the translation of her words through her mind and into his. Perhaps one day he will learn the speech, but for now, this method would have to do.

Happy that she greeted him as well, he smiled in a way dragons smile, pulling lips back and squinting like a cat before returning to all fours and going back to the task of placing lost wildlife into their homes. Ophelia could not help but smile as she watched him, though her gaze was filled with sadness and longing. Finally, she pulled her gaze to the lilac orbs of the stranger, finding herself lost in the amethyst pools almost immediately. She seemed to hold the galaxy in her thoughts... the universe in her bones.

"Greetings to you as well," she whispered in her young, chime-like tones. Politely, she bowed her head in a mannerism similar to her father's. "My name is Ophelia, but who I am is a mystery, even to me..." she trailed in a sigh. "I am the daughter of an old general, the child of broken parents, a leader of sell-swords and spies, and a hated toy of the Sun," she almost whispered. "I never thought my life would be this way." Ophelia shook her head, shaking pale and bloody hair around her neck before looking to her newly found friend with an apologetic smile. "No matter. You smell of the World's Edge. Are you a follower of Mirage?" she asked.

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choices you don't want to have to make. - by Ophelia - 07-19-2013, 06:03 PM