the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choices you don't want to have to make.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The answer to her question was a welcome reprieve from her own thoughts that sat like a block of screams in her head. She shoved away the pressing, nagging ideas to listen to the elder mare, interest and curiosity creating a spark of life in otherwise downtrodden eyes. The mare replied that she was many things, what did that mean? A curiosity, a burning need to know that he been dormant and beaten for so long rose to the surface, peeking curiously from behind the drama of life.

A shift in her eyes tells Ophelia that she is no longer quite in the present but perhaps in her own mind. She recognized the expression only because she knew that she had worn one very similar to that herself, when she would look back into the flawless and perfectly recorded tomes of her memories. Surprise filled her features when her conversation partner stated that she was not a follower of mortals, but of a god, the dark goddess of the moon. Was the moon as cruel as the sun? She did not think so, not with how darkness hid everything, good and bad.

"I wish that my loyalty to the Sun could be as pure as yours is to the moon," she said quietly. "To be born here... to have seen what you have seen..." she trailed thoughtfully, in awe. "You have seen mortals come and go, yes?" she asked. "You have seen how fleeting the troubles?" Ophelia now sought her guidance. With such age and loyalty to a god came wisdom, and she was still too young to understand that her sorrows would pass.

Ophelia felt touched, in her very soul, at Hellena's words. Was Tinek unhappy in her own mind? She had not thought about his struggles, being bonded to her. What a selfish lack of caring... At the very least, she owed it to her bond mate to give him a more positive place to live, and she knew that she would have to make a choice.

"I am... caught between what I know to be right and my love and loyalties... Will love... will it be forgiving?" she asked, ears tilted forward as a sliver of hope brightened her expression.

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choices you don't want to have to make. - by Ophelia - 08-10-2013, 05:57 PM