the Rift

[PRIVATE] Choices you don't want to have to make.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia watched the wise mare's expressions, but she was not insulted by the hint of amusement that drifted over her lovely, ornate face. To be such a long lived being must mean that her troubles were not new, that she was not the first to have felt such a tear in her soul. For once, she was not alone, and even if those who had felt this way had died long ago, at least what she was feeling was something that could be fixed - something that would not break her entirely.

When the mare spoke, she listened with rapt attention, her eyes hanging on every word. The parable was one she had never considered before. Certainly the gods were more important? But Hellena was right - who were they to decide? The scars would fade and the nightmare would turn into nothing but a dream upon waking. So then why was she so afraid? Why was her heart so enveloped in worry and the inability to truly do anything? Ophelia had to tell herself that this would pass, and then her life ahead of her was still a great and beautiful mystery.

She held her breath for the mare's answer to her most important question. Ophelia nodded. The answer seemed to be true by the way her heart calmed to a steady, even beat. The pale mare exhaled a breath of tension and then smiled kindly at the mysterious unicorn. "Thank you," she said sincerely. Phi looked up at Tinek as he perched from a nearby tree branch. "I know now what I must do, and the decision holds peace." Carefully, she turned her head over her shoulder, taking a glance to where she must now go. "I must go now - I must go make things right again."

The pale princess bowed her head in respect and then turned to make her way back to the Foothills - back to the end of this part of her life.

Image by Yumpy @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choices you don't want to have to make. - by Ophelia - 09-15-2013, 02:22 PM