the Rift

Back to basics

Catalina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Catalina

The fact that Yseulte’s Valkyries were only at the moment two strong did little to faze the young mare. At no point did the resolution cloaking her amiable expression dither.

I do swear, Yseulte.” Came the smooth, deliberate note of her feminine voice, sliding through the cool air to confirm her complete and utter allegiance to their growing Sisterhood. “I will not falter from your side, nor that of my sisters’ yet to pledge themselves as Valkyries.” A thin warm smile flashed across Cat’s slim muzzle, and her head tipped forward through the darkness to portray her respect and commitment.

“You can swim, yes?” The yearling nodded appropriately at this. She could indeed swim having lived the span of her golden childhood in the company of that very sea her Older-Sister now spoke of. Though the salt-laden waters were often windswept and frothy, Cat was quite familiar with the hidden sandbar which bridged both the secluded island and the mainland, and offered the mindful, safe passage. Her mother had never tolerated her daughter’s desire to venture out into the murky depths though, and so until now the distant island had remained, by herself, unexplored.

Catalina had not the mind-set for fighting and violence yet, her soul remained rightfully pure while her bones matured and her still lanky, juvenile bodice transformed. She had been raised to be both eloquent and swift-witted however; to hone both her ability to listen and sharpen her awareness. Many hours had been spent reflecting on those things trivial, and beyond the borderline which marked the very opposite. Again with a quick thoroughness that defied the innocent gaze which glowed on through the night, Cat considered the mare’s offer.

I wish to expand my knowledge of lore and divinity; to build the Valkyrie’s legend and weave it through the dreams of our youth and the hearts of our Sisters, so that they might share our values with the women of this world who are trapped and without hope.” Cat’s eyes narrowed intently as retribution filled her thoughts; she spoke with clarity and unfathomable fortitude. Perhaps one day Kanti might slip from the romantic shackles binding her heart, and come to live as a Valkyrie herself- she could only hope. “When we have soldiers, I will train amongst them, aside from my preferred studies, and learn to fight.” Catalina would devote herself completely and exclusively, to the protection and growth of the Sisterhood.

Yseulte’s voice fell away causing the painted filly to refocus her teeming thoughts, though not once had her confident blue eyes swayed from their lock with the pale-hued mares. “I have no questions.” Once parted from her Vasílissa, Cat would set to work searching for those who reflected the virtues shared by the Valkyries.

IMAGE CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Back to basics - by Catalina - 06-29-2013, 06:13 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Yseulte - 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Catalina - 06-30-2013, 08:38 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Yseulte - 07-06-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Yseulte - 07-14-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Back to basics - by Catalina - 07-07-2013, 08:32 PM