Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
Time Flies - Time Dies
Truth like a blazing Fire
</style>

"As well as any, in these dark times" he sighed and exchanged a glance with the gentle giant that spoke of shared grief and an awareness of all the troubles the herd was facing at the moment. "It is comforting to see that the Gentle Heart still keeps his head high, I must say" he offered with a hint of a smile, acknowledging the efforts of the WeyrLead to keep their numbers up despite the cold and the hunger that continued to plague them all.

His attention was turned towards the painted mare then, and as she introduced herself with an almost glowing expression, the crafter regarded the mare with a thoughtful expression. Was this a sign, perhaps? It was as though the answer to his musings had fallen from the sky and taken shape in those clear eyes, a solution that effectively would free him from a task that was becoming increasingly unpleasant.

"I'm glad to hear that, Kahlua" he replied and gave her a slightly warmer smile, eyes glittering beneath the long silken forelock. "Gods know that we need all the help we can get if the wall is to be completed. Right now we can't do anything, magic has abandoned us along with the presence of the gods - perhaps Thor has explained this to you already - but as soon as they return I'm sure that we can find something for you to do."

Maybe she even would be interested in taking over his own position. Lace had struggled some time now with the demands of the trade, and even more so with the requirement of using magic. He would have stepped down long ago if he'd had a chance, but so far there hadn't been any suitable candidates to take up his cloak. Yseulte had left them and taken with her the only choice he'd been willing to make, Aaron was too young to carry the responsibility of a Glazier all by himself... Maybe now the time was ripe to make some changes, ease some of the weight off his shoulders.

The steady gaze that rested on the mare regarded her with calculating intensity, but before a content smile had time to break out on his lips the silver-maned stallion blinked and looked between Kahlua and the Gentle Heart.
"How come you have chosen World's Edge and the Glazier trade, m'lady? Do you have any dreams and hopes for the future perhaps, that you would be willing to share?" The tone turned more polite as the intentions of the cob-webbed stud intensified. First of all he had to make sure that she would remain loyal to the herd. Then he'd test her, make sure that she understood what it meant to be a part of the Qian... Ah, it felt good to know that an option had appeared, that his freedom wasn't too far away.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Kahlua - 06-29-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Lace - 07-02-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Thor - 07-15-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Kahlua - 07-15-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Build Me Up [Thor, Crafters] - by Thor - 07-30-2013, 05:21 PM