Unregistered
:: :: ::

I am Broken, but not Quite;; 8 years old

I am strong and I have Might;; Mare

But the world seems Pointless;; Dapple grey

Endless;; Mixed breed

And Merciless;; Unclaimed

What, Here, outside my World do I have to miss?;; Played by Silver

Rose walked carefully into the forest, the damp earth sinking under the weight of her hooves as she shuffled through the shaded terrain. Light, or the lack of it, made it hard for Rose to see as she squinted in the low light, careful not to snag a leg on a fallen tree in the moist enviroment. In all honesty, the mare wasn't used to this kind of land and it seemed as foreign as the scents of so many different kinds to her heart. At a glance, Rose knew this wasn't home. This wasn't the place where her daughter would run up to her, asking for advice or the place where her loved ones could surround her with their love.

She paused at a large oak tree, the very leaves seemed to glow as she leaned on it to scratch her withers and looked around in the green, but dark world. Rose left home to explore, to find a new home for her family-but leaving home for a strange world seemed far less exciting at the moment, in fact; it seemed absurd to her. Maybe, just maybe inside her mind, in the world where everything was alright that there would be a paradise they could all live in.

Call it childish, call it insane or even call it foolish, but it was simply who Rose was. Her head lowered down to the ground, sniffing the earth and twigs, her mind trying to escape back into that world of lights and fairytales. Rose was a fairly large mare, a good sixteen hands high and thick bodied with Arabian-like legs. Eyes, her eyes were cyan color, the same color that her grand-dam, Ashira had. The fact that they both had cyan eyes went to prove their close ties of inheritance was not only just the emotions that Rose had from her grandmother but much more than that.

On her nostrils, she could smell something odd, something strange in the earth. Maybe it was some good salt that she could smell...After all, back in her home land of the vast plains-salt was as rare as fresh and crisp spring grass unless you knew where to find it of course.

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing

It was a whole new world now, spreading it's nimble fingers across the land, sucking it into darkness. I leap through it, unable to see much per usual, but it was different now. I was completely blind, and it feel so good for some reason. It was easier to move because there was no light filtering through the small hole in my right eye, which usually distracted me and make my body falter. But no, not now. It was just my body and the world, my brain already knowing what to do. My senses seem to be taking over, feeling a couple of stray branches and trees that it comes into contact with. Though I’m not perfect by any means, tripping on a small hole that could have been formed by a rabbit in Orangemoon, but I am less clumsy by far. I smile, thinking of the joy I have now. It’s almost like I can see. Here, in the dark, I can use my imagination to “see” the landscape.

Like a colt I take off, seeing the things I’ve always wanted to see. A waterfall, dripping with gallons of water into a small pond below, where lily pads float and frogs leap to and fro with them. A desert, cracked and dry, and it was almost if his body could feel the heat on his body, but it was just caused by his excitement and the fact that he was running. Then before he could imagine more, he was hit with a real image; there was another horse in front of him. He had followed the path of the trees, the light flittering in and out so he could imagine what he wanted, but now he was forced to move closer toward it. It was a mare, grey dappling itself along her body. She looked a bit older than the young stallion, but she was looking at the ground about something. Was she lost? Or was she just new to this area? It was not the best time, but better now than never I suppose.

“Um, excuse me. Are you lost in this darkened land? I can lead you to a place that is safe, if you’d like. It’s not too far from here, called the Foothills. We are a great family, and you might like it if that it was you’re looking for.”

@[Rose]

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Rose Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Endless;; Mixed breed

Hoof beats, closer from the dark had Rose's senses tingling with instinct. It could be a fight or flight situation as from the dark a grey stallion emerged but ontop of his head...Her cyan eyes were glued to the black horns that curled itself around his ears like the highland Ram sheep that dotted the canyons of Forever Gone which made her wonder. Could he be part horse and sheep? Rose was silent as he spoke, turning to face him and looked him over. Nothing other than his horns made him look like a ram, so perhaps was he a form of a unicorn?

Lowering her head slightly, Rose gave respect as she observed his eyes, noticing how he didn't seem to act quite...Right. In fact, he reminded her of Sage, her own daughter's half sister who was completely blind. Maybe that was why she seemed slightly comfortable with this familiar situation. Flicking her long, flowing tail aside, Rose stepped closer to him, inspecting more of his unique face.

"I am new here, and I wonder why the sky is dark and the wind is cold." She finally replied after a long period of silence, standing close enough to touch him with her nose if she chose.

Cyan eyes sparkling with wonder, she imagined him running on the highlands, challenging the other rams just for the fun of it and winning. But, unicorns didn't play with rams. They rescued damsels in distress.

"A family?" A wave of sorrow washed over her. "I had a family." Rose whispered. "If I go with you, can my daughter come as well?" The mare had to know if her own child would be welcome as well.

Casimir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable
but more useful than a life spent doing nothing

The mare looks at me curiously, as if I'm some sort of strange creature. Could it be my eyes? They had always been a brighter color since I was mostly blind, but no one had ever really stared at them. Well I don't really know, since I couldn't ever tell I suppose. Was it my horns? I know they were strange since one was curved upwards and the other was normal looking...and I did have two after all. Oh god, why am I getting all self conscious? This mare was pretty...oh god why did she have to be pretty? She came closer to me, her voice soft as she walked within inches of me. Our bodies were close, and I could feel a bit of heat coming off of her. I was going to faint, I think.

But no, I managed to answer somehow, while my body took a head dive into itself. My voice sounded sleepy, and I'm not sure how I looked, but I didn't even care. It was walking on air.

"It is Frostfall, my lady, the season for snow and coldness. However, there is other things going on besides that. The Gods have disappeared, leaving us to fend for ourselves. There is no Moon, no Sun, and the sky is not filled with stars, because the creators of this land, which is called Helovia, are gone. It is a sad time, but one that maidens should not be running about alone. A daughter you say?"

Shit. Why did she have to have a daughter? What beauty brought more beauty into the world, without knowing it? A daughter. She was indeed perfect. I had always wanted to raise a family, and perhaps a foal of my own...oh what the hell am I saying? There was no way this mare would fall for me, just look at me...what is wrong! I wanted to bang my head up again the bark of the nearby tree, but I resisted it well. But there was sadness tied deep within her voice, and I had to approach that first. I couldn't just ignore it. It stuck with me, took away my attention.

"I am truly sorry to here for the loss of your family. But you have a daughter, yes? So I should think you would still have a family, since you have a child of your own. Your daughter would surly be welcomed among the Foothills, I don't see a reason why not. Our own two Chieftess have foals, and both have given birth to more recently. The Grey is a family of mercenaries, and we are tough together, but a foal would be well protected in our land. I myself have no purpose yet because I am almost completely blind, but I do know how to fight, and if you have any such talents as to help our family, then you would have a place beside me...I mean us. Please, you should come now, this darkness is not good to stay in for too long. I will protect you on the way. What is it you say, my lady?"

OCC: I'm going to start a thread for Mesec set before this, so he'll know what's happening. Also OMG -flails- I can't believe he just fell in love with her xD That's the first time he's ever done this <3
walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Rose Posts: N/A
Unregistered
center>

Endless;; Mixed breed

It was when the stallion began to stare at her attentatively, his voice becoming low and relaxed like when Rain began to feel sleepy did Rose looked puzzled at him. Did Unicorns tire easily, because this one seemed ready to faint. And a fainting stallion before her hooves would be flattering, but not if it's because he tired himself to exhaustion. That, would hardly be romantic.

"It is Frostfall, my lady, the season for snow and coldness. However, there is other things going on besides that. The Gods have disappeared, leaving us to fend for ourselves. There is no Moon, no Sun, and the sky is not filled with stars, because the creators of this land, which is called Helovia, are gone. It is a sad time, but one that maidens should not be running about alone. A daughter you say?"

Rose nodded, a smile appearing on her lips. "Yes, my daughter, Rain. She's a beautiful amber grey champagne." The mare smiled proudly, describing her daughter. "Why, she's almost as tall as I am and already has the men drooling; my silly girl." A chuckle escaped her lips as she looked into his eyes. "Gods? What an interesting place...I'll miss gazing at the moon and stars....I may look frail, but I am a strong lady, er..." She had to pause.

"I believe we don't even know each other's names. I am Rose, and who are you, Mr. Unicorn?" The grey mare had to ask politely, but she was unsure of how to even address a Ram looking horse like him.

For a moment, he appeared distracted, a mental debate in his head which had began to concern Rose to the point of where she imagined him as an old stallion-snapping at pestering foals who wanted to play. That was a silly thought, of course because Neko was her love but it didn't mean she couldn't day dream about a life someday with another stallion. How would it feel if a life like that wasn't with Neko, with with someone else?

"I am truly sorry to here for the loss of your family. But you have a daughter, yes? So I should think you would still have a family, since you have a child of your own. Your daughter would surly be welcomed among the Foothills, I don't see a reason why not. Our own two Chieftess have foals, and both have given birth to more recently. The Grey is a family of mercenaries, and we are tough together, but a foal would be well protected in our land. I myself have no purpose yet because I am almost completely blind, but I do know how to fight, and if you have any such talents as to help our family, then you would have a place beside me...I mean us. Please, you should come now, this darkness is not good to stay in for too long. I will protect you on the way. What is it you say, my lady?"

His voice floated into her ears as her smile fell again at the thought of her family that she left behind. Rain, Sage, Luna, Whisper, Riptide, Quinn....Everyone....Oh, would they love this place as much as they loved the world they had known before?

"As long as the herd can accept my family, then I'd be glad to go. Whilest, you do remind me of my daughter's half sister, Sage. She is a blind mare, completely blind and forgive me if you find this offensive, but you're blind-right?" She almost looked hopeful that her guess was right.

Rose shifted to move over to right side, looking over at his sides and hindquarters curiously to see if his body appeared any more frail than she had suspected, but found other than the horns, no sign of him being much different.

OOC: XD Rose has never had someone have a crush on her! This is the first time too! <3