the Rift

[OPEN] To Much Responsibility [Kimber & Mirage]

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
Unnoticed in the midst of his angst, unwarned by the hellhound that normally shadowed his side, Aaron was followed. He was easy to see, with his mainly white coat moving through the darkness. And it was without hesitation that Kimber trailed him from where she'd been keeping watch nearby. It had been a relay of vague information that had stirred her from her silent sentinel, leaving Kaiden behind to keep Alanna company where he sat in the underbrush. The kitsune was ever mindful of his small size in comparison to that of everyone else, and chose these days to use underbrush as cover to keep his many tails from being stepped on.

A sudden crashing noise ahead drug the young mare from her awareness of her bonded's position, hurried her steps. A second crash reassured her as she recognized the thud and rustle as coming from kicks to a tree, not a body falling through bracken. She slowed then, no longer worried for her friend's health, but she was more than close enough now to hear the venting words he spouted. Her ears swivelled to listen, gaze softening with compassion and understanding, as she continued forward to join him.

Silently she stepped up beside Aaron, brushing against his side with her shoulder, teeth reaching out to catch and tug on his mane in the playful but affection gesture that was so common from her. "When is life fair, Aaron? Was it fair that I never met my father? Was it fair that the dead took our home? Was it fair when Ophelia and Ktulu took away the Foothills?" Gently, quietly, she questioned him. Pointed out the past, things they'd dealt with and overcome in one way or another.

"Everyone must go sometimes, that's what Mother told me, when I asked her. We don't get to chose when or how, we don't always get to say goodbye. But what we do get to do? We get to keep living. That's what they'd want. For you to carry on, for the girls to carry on. To live, to love, to laugh. You still have family, you still have friends. You have all of the Edge to guide you, to guide them. Mother, Mirage, Thor, Destrier, Madryn and Maskan. Everyone. They're all older and wiser and seen more than you or I will ever imagine. And when they're gone? We get to go on and see things they'll never be able to imagine." Her bright eyes turned away, to watch the lights in the mists. "I mean, would you have ever imagined standing here in darkness when it should be day, watching the mists glow with fireflies you'll never catch? Kaiden already tried, they disappear." A playful tone slipped into her voice as she glanced sidelong at Aaron, tail switching toward him with the intent to startle a laugh out of him if he was too melancholy to do it alone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Much Responsibility [Kimber & Mirage] - by Kimber - 06-30-2013, 12:34 AM