the Rift

A passing note

Neko Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sun should be peeking over the horizon, chasing away the inky darkness that was the night. But instead the dark clouds blotted it out, keeping it hidden away as Neko’s hooves continued to carry him across the cold muddy ground. The mud had splashed up during his wandering, covering his champagne legs with a layer of wet earth, hiding away his true coloring. Yet it only went so high, reaching just to his chest and belly before it slide away to show his nearly unmarked hide. In the cold it had become frozen, clinging to his lengthening winter hair and attempting to pull away his body heat as snow dappled his back. It had only just started falling, not yet covering the ground and as it melted upon his back, seeping through to his warm skin, the champagne stallion gave a shiver.

Giving pause, the stallion stopped to raise his head and cast his dark brown eyes around the deadening place. It was strange, much different than home, but wasn’t that why he had left; to seek out change? With a shake of his head, Neko continued on his way, not quite sure of much he had done in his life that had led him to this point. It had all been so confusing, his youth. Some would still argue that he was plenty young enough to make up for them, reaching his prime, yet Neko did not feel that way. The muscles that outlined his solid built mustang frame spoke of his strength, but his mind was weary. Such travel could do that to one who no longer wished for change.

Licking his dry lips, Neko wondered when he would find water. It seemed plenty was mixed in with the dirt below his hooves, but none desirable to quench his thirst. How long it had been since his last drink, the stallion was not sure. Maybe a day, or was it longer? It was always hard to judge time while being alone. It seemed to drag by, days feeling like weeks and weeks feeling like months. Yet for a stallion who had once had a family and loving mares solitude was an unwelcome feeling and he could not help but wish for company soon.

photo border_zps6f558a03.png

Affliction comes to us, not to make us sad but sober; not to make us sorry but wise.

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
I was, once again, in the Threshold of the wonderful land. I made my hooves take high steps, for if not, I would sink in the damp mud. I was pitch black, you could see a single thing in sight. My horn waved out in front of me, making sure I wouldn't run into anything. The bright moon only shined through in a few spots, the trees blocked the entrance of the rest. I closed my eyes, there was nothing to see anyway. I slid to a stop, pinning my harks at the sound of another creature stepping through the mud. "Who are you?" I told the unseen animal in a steady voice, but it was rather soft, making sure not to spook it away. Once I saw a rather high patch of snow floating around, I knew it was another one of me. "Must you be blind too in this darkness" I spoke and stepped into the moon light, letting the creature see I was none to danger it. My coat seemed to sparkle in the soft light. I smiled and looked around at the trees that surrounded me. I remembered it like this perfectly. This is where me and Apollo met, though else where but in the some forest. There was light shining down and the snow was clean. There was no mud splashed across the ground and there was not a single dark cloud in the skies.

I hadn't seen Apollo in some time, not since he ventured me to the Edge where we met Kaj. The black and white handsome brute had disappeared after that. I haven't been too far inside the Edge, I've been exploring the rest of Helovia, yet to come to the Foothills where Apollo had said he lived. Now I'm back to the Threshold where I'm talking to some brute. He seems to be a, erm, champagne? I can't really see him, he isn't standing in the moon light. I'd rather wait for his name then give him mine so quickly. "Would you like a home? I can offer you to the Edge?" I smiled and nod to him, bobbing my head up and down. I was amazed when I look closer to the older brute, it seemed he had no horn coming out of his head. I wondered what he could fight with if he had no horn to guide him through. A smile was placed upon my muzzle as I looked to the stallion.

-----

@[Neko]
417 words

seed-of-beauty.deviantart.com | i-mi.deviantart.com | Kaydeniro.deviantart.com | xeverskies.deviantart.com
Coding To Baylee! <3

Neko Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Neko, lost in his own thoughts hadn’t really noticed where his travels had taken him. The land hadn’t changed much, but it had darkened considerably with only some filtering light. It didn’t daunt him any and he continued on at a solid pace, that is until a voice rang out at him. Coming to a standstill, his ears pushed forwards as his head raised to try and spy the dark creature. It wasn’t until she moved again, placing herself in the scant light to present herself. She was oddly colored, but not the strangest he had seen before. The only oddity that captivated him was the horn placed neatly upon her head. At first all he could do was stare, unsure of how to process such a thing. Was it really apart of her? Or was it something she had ran into and gotten stuck there. Regardless Neko composed himself and acted as if wasn’t even there when he approached her, leaving a few steps between them for space.

A voice that is hardly used is deep and seemed to growl out of his body to curl around the other creature when he finally spoke. “A home?” It seemed absurd that she would offer him such a thing. She hadn’t even waited for his name, but maybe that was the ways of this land. Surely she would want to know if he was worthy of trust before allowing him into a home that could very well be harboring foals. Yet he knew he was not a threat, that he would never do such a thing. Was it so easy to read his outer exterior? Neko had always kept his emotions locked away, hidden so that no one would ever be able to read him. Maybe this mare was different or maybe he truly was slipping up.

“My name is Neko.” He finally said, answering her original question as to who he was. “And might I ask your name?”
 photo border_zps6f558a03.png

Affliction comes to us, not to make us sad but sober; not to make us sorry but wise.

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
A chuckled seemed to have been released out into the thin air as he spoke in a growl. He must be lonely, cause he seems no threat at all. He might just not be a social one. I smiled and looked over his muscular Champagne frame once again. "Nice to meet Neko, such a splendid name you've got there." I smirked at him and nodded. "I am Antheia, of the World's Edge." A large smile grew across my face and a raised my dome proudly as I spoke of my sweet home. It was such a glorious place to see, with the waves crashing below you and the sun setting every night along the horizon of the sea. I glanced back to the stallion and smiled. "The trees grow close together so the snow never reaches the ground in most of the spots, meaning there is plenty of grass for everyone." I smirked, hoping my sentence would coax him into coming back with me to my home land.

I tilted my dome and looked to the sky, the moon and stars had been stashed away behind a huge clan of dark cloud, leaving the two in total darkness. Hoping the stallion would say yes so we could hurry up and get home before it began pouring down rain. I smiled and looked around at the snow on the ground, the muddy snow anyway. I chuckled and locked my pearls back onto the stallions figure. Would he accept to wander to the Edge or no?

@[Neko]
nic1.deviantart.com