the Rift

!! Miss Missing You

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

[OOC | Takes place just before birthing thread.]

I would love to say that I walked to the Threshold, but in truth, I waddled.

I should not be outside our borders. I should not wander off alone. But sometimes, a fae just needs her space. And today is just one of those days where I simply can't stand to be around everyone else. I have felt useless ever since the beginning of the endless night. Kri says that our light will return, but I am not so sure. I can feel their absence in my bones. I wonder if Kri has magic. I wonder if she feels the same void that I do when I reach inside myself for my powers. I wonder if she has doubts, too. Somehow I don't think she's quite as afraid as I am. She doesn't have time to be afraid. She must be busier now than ever, but I am simply existing. I cannot help my herd with a magic I don't have just now; I cannot protect my family with a Wall I cannot build. I cannot fight, I cannot heal, I cannot be stealthy. And now I cannot craft. What use am I to anyone in this darkness if I cannot provide some source of light?

I plod rather indelicately toward the Threshold, guided by the eerie, ambient light of the gently glowing trees scattered across the landscape. The path is familiar, for I have traveled it many times before, but it is abnormal and discomfiting to do so in darkness. My wings long for flight, but it is for many reasons that I remain grounded. I am so largely pregnant that I can hardly walk anymore, and I tremble to think of the consequences of an in-flight birthing. And the ebony silk of the sky scares me. What if I were never to return? Would anyone miss me? My mate is long gone; my daughter has deserted me, and the father of the child I carry can understand neither my words nor my feelings. Would anyone realize I was gone, if the black sky were to simply swallow me up?

A panicked shriek catches my attention, and I tread as silently as possible in the direction of the sound. My movements are as hurried as can be, but burdened as I am by the extra life in my belly, I can do no more than a slow trot. Silence, too, is impossible, for the extra weight I have taken on pulls me down more heavily that I should fall. Still, I emerge into a small clearing, lit from a small glow-tree to the side. Before me, a mare trots briskly across the clearing. I am surprised she does not call out to me, but there you are. Perhaps she is frightened, or perhaps she thinks herself above me. "Excuse me, miss," I call, continuing my slow, burdened gait to catch up to her, if she will have me. "A moment, if you will?" I cannot fight; I cannot heal. I cannot steal, and I cannot craft. But perhaps I can still recruit.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Rasta]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 02:35 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-01-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Apodis - 07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Rasta - 07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: !! Miss Missing You - by Sohalia - 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM