the Rift

[OPEN] Caught in Dragon's Claws [Chemical]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
((Continuing from Dragon's Ire, will proceed once Ghost gets back from absence.))

It had taken little more time to return home than it had to leave it, and the voyage had reaped much. Path lit by the glowing mists that danced around and above their heads, Vikram and his new captive, Chemical, made their way deep into the heart of the World's Edge. The dragon stallion had taken the lead shortly after herding the pegasus mare past the borders, rumbling a polite reminder that an escape attempt now would be folly indeed.

Then he had proceeded to wind a round-about path along dimly-lit walkways, working his way to the wooden structure that served as the prison for captives. It was far from empty, and perhaps Chemical would recognize one or two of its inhabitants. Near to it he came to a halt, turning to face her. His expression was contemplative as he decided his next step. In truth, he was disinclined to putting a pregnant mare within the wooden construction. She would grow quite round, and he wasn't sure if he'd hold on to her long enough for her to give birth within the Edge. He was of mixed thoughts about that idea, relunctant to train young lives to appreciate the herdland they were born in and yet be unwelcoming to their mother. And who was the sire? That also made him uneasy. And yet...

A deep, rumbling call escaped him, seeking thoughts from his mate about this unexpected turn of events, and whether this mare should be treated a little bit differently.

@[Chemical]

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

They passed the borders and the concoction of a creature that loomed over her reminded her that any escape attempts from here on out would be foolish. Her blood was still boiling and her anger was revving itself up all over again, playing back the events. Herding me like I'm some fucking cow into a wooden pen? For God's sake, who the hell do these bastards think they are?!?!

"To hell with you if you think you are squeezing me into that pit!" Chemical was ornery indeed and the hormones coursing through her body was not aiding her one bit. She had let the Assassins down, she had let herself down most of all. No way I'm having my foal in this hell hole!

She was reluctant to even let the brute who had brought her here look at her in the eye. He seemed to be thinking and he seemed slightly perplexed. Her ears were pinned and her nostrils were flaring. She was keeping her breaths under control and she was attempting to keep her heart rate down for the sake of her foal.

Chemical was angry. She was boiling mad at the World's Edge and she was boiling mad at Vikram. He should have never even tried to cross her path. Fuck the Assassins too! I should have left when I had the fucking chance! I wouldn't be in this damn place if it wasn't for them! I wouldn't be fucking defenseless! No, I take that back. I should have never let anyone get a hold to me! I should have stayed where I was at! I should have lived my life as a fucking hermit and stayed away from everyone!

She was angry and wasn't thinking clearly. Anyone that even looked at her the wrong way could send her into a churning, hate filled state where she would like to drown them in their own blood. She was ready to lash out and she arched her neck and stood stout. Her chest was welling up and her mane slipped down over her neck and rested above her fiery, glowing, and crimson eyes. It only then cascaded down over her right side. She was remaining calm and it was all she could do to bite her venom filled tongue. She had to play her cards right.

Talk

Image Credits Crows

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
"You have a choice to make, mare."

The WeyrLeader's voice echoed from the surrounding forest. She did not need magic to blend with the darkness, it clung to her naturally, her footsteps muffled by the soft loam and practised steps taken by her strong, slender limbs. From them the dark shadow mare stepped forth, her gaze hard, her expression stony, indifferent.

"You brought this upon yourself." Mirage continued to speak as she approached, standing eventually alongside her mate, greeting him with nothing more than the subtle contact that occurred between their shoulders. "You attempted to steal one of our own when you were laden with pregnancy." The tone that gently tainted her words implied the fool she thought this crimson and obsidian mare was. However, she soon guarded her voice as well, so that only an even monotone leaked from her lips. "None came to your aid, where our family steps in to defend each other in times of need." It was almost an apology, an observation of pity made on a mare who was in dire circumstances indeed.

"Now, you are to reside within the borders. Your choices are to either lose a few feathers that would prevent you from flying." Here, Akaith appeared, and landed silently upon her bonded's back, staring with her sharp, scaly face directly at the prisoner. "Or, you could have the bones of one wing broken. I suggest you choose the former, for given the state of magic in Helovia at the moment, you would be hard pressed finding a healer to put you back together again should you decide upon the latter."

The mare stood now, watching the intruder with a steady gaze. Should she refuse both options… well. Vikram was more than capable of disabling her - even if she was pregnant - and Akaith could simply use her agility to take the primary plumage that would prevent the pegasus from flight for a few seasons, at least.

"As for the life you carry…" The DragonHeart allowed her gaze to wander to the rounding belly of the pegasus prisoner. "It will stay by your side, but it will not be permitted to leave the lands, not until the issue of the Assassins is resolved." And how Mirage hoped it to be resolved swiftly. Had they not proved enough already that the Edge was not theirs to bully? To take for their own? Had they not proved enough that their weak little family did not deserve the honour of residing in the lands blessed upon Helovia by the Goddess of the Moon herself?
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
It did not go unnoticed by the dragon hybrid that his captive was quite a bit far from pleased. Her blatant display of barely controlled anger was an experience he had become unused to, living amidst horses who kept the extremes of their more negative emotions under wraps. And it amused him, for he could imagine the thoughts racing through her head. Dark thoughts about him, about the Edge. Yet he deliberately ignored her anger, and only kept half an eye on her as his senses caught the barest hint of another's approach. An ear tilted as he waited, silent and patient.

Then she was there, melting out of the darkness, voice ringing out the thoughts and concerns that had dwelt within his mind. Ah, she knew him so well, knew how to read the situation so clearly. He bent his head slightly toward the shadow mare, a soft huff of air through his nares his only greeting in return to the brush of her shoulder against his. Small gestures, but loaded with unspoken meaning that didn't even begin to approach coloring the cool monotone of the Weyrleader speaking to a prisoner of her herd.

It was only then that the scaled stud turned his slitted golden eyes upon Chemical once more, unerring and calm did he watch her. "As I told you before, no harm shall come to your or your offspring so long as you cooperate. We do not want to do harm to you and yours, but the ones you keep company with insist on testing our patience. Even a dragon's patience can be tried only so far before something must be done about the irritant." Quiet humor hummed in his deep voice. What would it take for the Assassins to realize that it was unwise to interfere with the business of the Qian? They had lost one leader under the watch of the Edge, and now two of their members were captives while their new leader faced one of the Wingleaders. Would they try to win this mare's freedom before they realized that the only way he and his comrades would stand down was with honest assurances of no future conflict?

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"You must be fucking kidding me!" The anger radiating from her glowing crimson eyes was something she had tried to minimally control. This is ridiculous! "Are all of these damn protocols really necessary? I can't fly as it is, now! Carrying all of this weight isn't precisely the easiest thing in the world, let alone escaping gravity's grasp with it!" The venom coming from her tongue was apparent as she didn't practically enjoy being poked at and prodded figuratively like cattle.

Chemical's stone eyes looked at Vikram, hatred growing for him. He had brought her here, to this hellhole. Her breathing picked up, heart rate racing, veins surging. Silence fell from Chemical and she stared at the Hybrid, long and hard. Her ears pinned to her head and she bared her teeth, transforming it into a wicked type smile of sorts.

Her voice was almost a whisper, permeating the cool air, as she directed her gaze towards Mirage "But if you simply must, then go ahead and pluck a few, useless feathers." Chemical's tightened, tucked wings were released and she held them beside her, limply. They would be of no use to her. She couldn't fly to her previously amazing ways currently and she wouldn't be flying for a while after birth. She would be much too tired and much too sore.

This developing soul within her womb was causing her to submit. She never should submit. She had killed before, she was not afraid to do it again.

The difference was, this was her own child. She wouldn't turn into her mother. She had killed her mother for a reason. The boiling blood in her system caused her to sort through the thoughts in seconds and these thoughts just had her anger welling up again. Her bang fell over her eye and her gaze turned to the ground.

She was sick of it all. She was sick of this damned place... Helovia. This place was a rotting hell hole in her eyes. Chemical hated absolutely every creature right now, including herself. She had believed and the deceitful had been deceived. Chemical was thinking of everyone she knew, and Chemical was thinking of every reason to hate them.

I have been tricked, lied to, and mislead. All these damned souls hate me..... I fucking hate them! To hell with them all! Chemical's tantalized, slightly deranged mind was all too messed up.

Talk

Image Credits Crows

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The crimson and black mare was ill suited to hiding her anger. Mirage could see it, boiling over - she almost wondered whether steam might begin to pour from the pegasus' ears. The harsh words that spat their way from her twisted maw fell upon a façade that was generally disinterested, almost bored, as Mirage simply waited for the foolish mare to submit to her reason. Yes, Chemical was pregnant, and was unlikely to engage in flight even after she gave birth - Mirage knew all too well how much a birthing can take out of you. But still, the precautions would be taken, for if this Assassin mare grew desperate enough, she could still try to fly. The DragonHeart knew from experience that any young she bore, if it happened to hold wings like its mother, would take many months to grow large and strong enough to fly - and Mirage had no intention of keeping this filth here for that long, such was her faith that the Assassins could be exterminated swiftly and effectively.

Upon receiving the permission, Akaith leapt from her bonded's back, and swiftly began pulling out the feathers proffered. It didn't take much - the three largest primary feathers from both wings were taken, and left in a pile at Chemical's front hooves. The dragon was not gentle in her action, merely direct and swift, not hesitating to do as she was bid to prevent this creature from any easy escape. Should the mare attempt to glide off the cliff's edge that surrounded most of her home, she would fall much like a stone with a too-small parachute above it - wayward, uneven, but eventuating to the same end as a corpse at the bottom of the ocean.

"Enjoy your stay. Hopefully it will prove to be fruitful to us all." The words were given by the DragonHeart, who had arrived and now motioned to depart without even voicing her name. They hinted to a purpose for the mare's capture, a purpose deeper than simple revenge against attempted harm to a member of her family. Yes, the DragonHeart hoped that it would bring the new fabled leader, Tonka, to the Edge, for questioning, or perhaps for torturing - the future would tell all. The mare turned upon a heel, her shoulder brushing against the bronze hide of her mate once more, as she allowed the shadows to swallow her up. Chemical would need fairly minimal observation now that she was disabled appropriately, and Mirage had some faith that the mare was not so stupid as to try and harm any of the Edge's habitants during her stay here - else she would face the wrath of all those hungry for blood and tense with paranoia in this endless night.
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com