the Rift

[OPEN] Dullness, Danger, Delivery

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

If there's anything worse than this god forsaken snow it has got to be the darkness. Seriously. Who's idea of a joke was it to combine the worst part of the year- winter- with the worst part of the day- night? Winter- cold as hell, snowing all the time, biting winds blowing and food dying. Night- no sun, cold as hell, can't see and food dying. So notice what happened twice. Cold as hell and food dying. Seriously. I need some sun. I need to be warm. I feel like my blood is freezing in my veins. A food? I'm. So. Fucking. Hungry. Now, trust me. I'm not fat, and my figure is incredibly important to me, but not dying is pretty important to me to. So yeah, maybe I'm a little picky but... seriously. Bring the sun back.
The wind blew viciously. A blizzard raged in the darkness. It would have been near-blinding if the darkness hadn't already been blinding enough. Luckily, up ahead Kahlua saw just the very beginnings of a twinkling light. Trusting in that it must be another one of lighted trees that had been guiding her about the lands for the last few days, Kahlua headed towards it. She had nowhere else to go, and anywhere was better than in the open where the wind was blowing and the snow was flurrying. Moving towards the tree, she surprisingly found herself on a gravel path that seemed to be traveling upward. Curiosity got the better of her and despite the blowing wind and freezing snow she began to follow the path.

Step after step, Kahlua moved upon the gravel path. There was a wall on her left and a ledge on her right. The night made the ledge difficult to see and the blowing winds made it dangerous to be near the edge of the ledge. She wasn't very smart, but she was smart enough to know that the ledge probably meant death. Therefore, she kept her left side tight to the side of the mountain and only moved when the winds were slow enough. Coming up here was a terrible idea- the path of lighted trees had fooled her into thinking there would be safety. Unfortunately, she didn't think the path was wide enough to allow her to turn around without a significant threat of injury. Step after step, minute after minute, she trudged on hoping to find a cave or shelter. None ever came.

But then, suddenly, just when she thought she could go on no longer, the storm broke. The winds stopped and the snow stopped and she was safe. The clouds were below her and the air was calm. Had it not been black as night she would have been awed by the field atop the mountain that she had reached. As it was, she took only tentative steps onto the land. After about ten steps she halted and looked back. She could hardly see the path she had come up here on. Another twenty paces off another of the strange lighted trees stood tall. How it survived up here, she could not say. Gravitating to it, Kahlua stood beneath it's boughs and greedily began tearing at the grasses below her hooves. They were old and mostly brown. Still, some food was better than no food. She was so hungry, she forgot to even check her surroundings. Be it evil or good about her, she was totally unaware.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

Winter was a bitter season. It sacked the earth with its stone-cold fists of ice and snow. It screamed its fury in the form of a fierce gale. It killed the beauty that its sister seasons had worked so hard to nurture and protect during their reign over the earth. But, most of all, it was very much like the wandering king. Merciless. Fierce. Silent. His golden coat did not blend well with his surroundings, but it did not matter in the eternal darkness that had come.

The brute didn't know if he appreciated this sudden lack of light just yet; it hid his scarred face and retreating form, but it also hid his enemies inside the folds of its coal black cloak. The fact that the tyrant had no idea where he was didn't help, either, and his teeth gnashed in frustration. He wasn't normally a clumsy bloke -- his movements were controlled and precise -- but the lack of light was causing him to stumble in the deep snow and unfamiliar terrain. He had even managed to trip over Guns once, who had forgotten to keep out of the buckskin's way as he fumbled around in the dark. He didn't have the collie's excellent vision, after all.

A warning growl sounds in the darkness at the stallion's hip, and the Incendiary halts to peer into the blank expanse ahead of him. His naves work furiously to detect something, anything, in the space in front of them that they actually manage to let a few soft snorts out. A flash of anger flares up in the quarter horse, but he smoothly lets the moment pass. The damage is done.

Giving a low, commanding whistle, the dog at his heel lurches forwards and flings himself into the darkness, his paws making barely any sound as they pound against the snow. Unlike his master, his movements are wild. The black-and-white pelt that adorns his body shifts effortlessly over his shifting form as he climbs the steeply-sloped hill. His legs are a silent flurry of activity as they drag him closer to his prey. A dark nose takes in the scent of the intruder that his brown eyes had detected, and he confirms the creature to be the same species as his master. Perhaps now he won't be so bitter. His thoughts are as dark as the night that conceals him. A low growl presses against his black lips, and he presses his belly against the snow in a crouch.

At the sound of the gundog's voice, Ricochet urged his numbing legs into a lope, both to climb the hill faster and to warm himself up for any potential spar. He will not admit it to himself, but secretly that is what he hopes for; a good fight to take out all of his frustration. His past meeting with the new superiors of the Foothills had ultimately ended in his own embarassment, for he had been tossed out again by the very same group that had banished him in the past. The very thought of his horrible luck in not meeting with his nephew -- as he had planned -- causes the Incendiary's blood to boil. What right did they have to remove him from his home, anyway? It had been his to rule before, just as it will be his to rule again. Perhaps this darkness was indeed a blessing; who can see an army coming when it is hidden in shadow?

With sweat dotting his arched nape, Ricochet pulled himself to the crest of the hill and searched the apex of his climb with his dual pools of ice. He is shocked to find that it is not completely dark here, but he pushes the feeling to the back of his mind. Teal eyes had taken hold of the outline of a shadowed figure, and the stallion's innate instinct to challenge the force that opposed him replaced his surprise. The Incendiary's voice is deep and commanding when he bellows, "It's dangerous for ladies to be out so late, miss."

"Ricochet"

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.

Kahlua's nostrils were wide as she tore as much grass up as she could. As much as she hated to admit it, the hike up the mountainside had taken quite a bit out of her. More than she expected. Not that she had expected to travel up a mountainside in the first place but... things just tended to happen to Kahlua. Probably because she was never smart enough to stay in one place. In general, being smart wasn't one of her finer qualities. She liked to think of it as balancing out all of the intelligent minded folks in the land. If everyone was smart, no one was really smart at all. They would all just be average. Indeed, this was probably the most intelligent thought she ever really had.

Observation wasn't one of her finer qualities either. Therefore, she was more than surprised to hear a loud voice bellow over the grounds. Her head jerked up unceremoniously, grass pieces hanging from her lips, and she whipped her head about to see who was calling at her. Just as she pulled the remaining grass into her mouth and swallowed, she laid eyes on him. She quickly looked over him, assessing his size, color and other markings. She was both surprised and elated to find that he had neither horn nor wings. She was beginning to believe that she was the only one upon these lands without one of the traits. With the darkness, she did not notice the scarring on his face. The faint light from the tree she stood under was barely enough to distinguish his lighter and darker hues.

“Not with a stallion so commanding as yourself about, I'm sure.” The words rolled off of her tongue easily and without thought. It was second nature for her to try and charm her way through any situation. Really, her good looks and pleasing nature were about all she had going for her. Roughly shaking her body, she attempted to shed some of the snow that had frozen there as she made her way through the blizzard. Her looks were hardly in top shape right now- usually she had a little help in her charming from a clean, well-kept coat. Today, and cursing the storm for it, she was going to have to survive this conversation on words alone.

“Your gold... you practically glitter, my lord. I've hardly seen a handsomer stallion.” Her voice was calm, but bright eyes betrayed her excitement and a soft chuckle escaped her lips. It was not her fault, she was just happy to love life. Two steps brought her closer to the stallion and farther from the tree. She was still some distance off from him, but she was purposefully showing interest. What better way to get him to like her than to approach. “I am Kahlua, good sir, of the World's Edge.” She failed to realize the potential gravity of the situation and therefore failed to respond appropriately. Typical Kahlua.
Are you useful to me? I do not know. If you are, I'll ooze and praise you all day... night?... long. I really just want to get some power. I know I'm better than these other horses. Honestly, look at me. Well, not right now but... you get the idea. So if I know I'm better, they should know too. Only problem is, they don't know, because right now I'm just Kahlua the World's Edge mare. Some day I'll be Kahlua, the World's Edge Glazier. Or at least that's my plan. And really, why wouldn't my plan work? It's foolproof. I just get enough- the right- horse to like me, let them know that I believe they are the best thing ever, ten times over, and then boom. I'm liked and loved throughout the land. That's how it works, right?

Deceased
Blu

Hardened blue eyes sweep across the shadowed plains of the approaching mare's figure. The faint glow of the distant lamptree does not make it much easier to see, but the brute's attention to detail is flawless, and he can see that this creature is starving. Her current state of distress would make it much easier for him for to take her down in a fight, but his own starving body groans in protest. The cold has grasped the Incendiary in its numbing grip, and his own ribs poke out from his thick coat in signs of malnourishment. It would be in his best interest to leave the equine alone for now; she may even prove to be his ally in the future.

Her words bring light to the eerie atmosphere that surrounds them, and Ricochet leans into the blasting gale as he calls in response, "Then your eyes deceive you, miss." And I am much obliged. It has been moons since anyone has referred to the power that he had once held, and he finds that his body is not shivering from the cold. He is shivering from the pleasure that this fae's words bring to his ears. The idea of dragging this poor girl around to hear her speak words of praise for him is all too tempting for the stallion, so he ruins the moment with more of his bitterness.

"I am not handsome. My friends have made sure to ruin that." A thin black tail slaps against hollow dunskin sides. "I appreciate your comments, though, Kahlua of the Edge." His teal eyes drag slowly over her starving body as if he is hungry for her. In truth, however, he is trying to keep the equine occupied while her words transport him into his memories. I have not heard of the land I fought to overrun in months. Is it chance that this mare is coming to me now, or is it fate? If the throneless king could not take hold of his former kingdom, then perhaps he would have to settle for another realm that he had shed blood for, once, instead.

"I am Ricochet the Incendiary. Pleased to meet you, ma'am." The quarter horse dips his barbed head in greeting, and he finds that he is pleased to have met this unfamiliar equine. Since his return to Helovia, he had only managed to fester at old wounds, and it was high time that he made new ones. If befriending this mare was the next step he was required to take on his new path to glory, then so be it. He was tired of running away from the ghosts of his past.

"Does the DragonHeart still lead the Edge, or has she stepped down from her reign in my absence?"

{OOC: Super late, but I really wanted to get something up for you. His attitude kind of changed randomly because I'm so tired, expect the old Rico in a future reply. x.x}

"Ricochet"

OOC| No worries, I'm having fun either way. I apologize in advance for any spelling errors, I typed this on my kindle. I'll proof read it again when I'm back on my computer.

Hearing the storm that raged below the clouds, it made Kahlua happy that she had been able to climb high enough to be above it. Still, she could not escape all of the effects of the storm. A freezing rush of air blowed up onto the plateau, reminding her that it was still winter and the dying grasses below her feet were a treat she would only be able to enjoy briefly. Normally the mare would have spent a lot of time focusing on how she looked and moved around another horse. Howevrr, inattention to detail was a sequella to hunger. As the stallion spoke she once again reached down to tear at the grasses. She was so hungry. She felt like she would never be full again. She was hardly acting lady-like, but death wasn't exactly lady-like either.

Your eyes deceive you, his words were strange. Even as he denied her charm, he thanked her for the thoughts. Luckily for him, she wasnt smart enough to ponder his intentions. As his eyes wandered over her skinny, snow-encrusted pelt she flicked her tail and picked her head up from the grasses. It was a fight with her stomach to accomplish the action, but vanity won over hunger for a brief moment. Arching her neck, she attempted to show off some of her beauty. It was fast fading in the horrid, snowy winter of this land, Helovia, that she had stumbled in to. Perhaps coming here had been a mistake, she really could not say.

Ricochet the Incendiary, she looked and looked but could not see what about him would make him believe he was not handsome. The darkness hid the scar from her eyes well. As he dipped his head she did likewise, though it caused her thoughts to return to food and so she promptly returned to tearing at the grasses as he spoke. The DragonHeart, the legend whom she had yet to meet. As he finished speaking she swallowed her latest bite of grass and raised her head. "She leads beside a winged stallion, Thor the Gentle Heart. I'm afraid I know little of her, though, being somewhat new to the land." She paused for a moment to smile, then continued. "And I'm afraid you have rather poor friends, if they would conspire against you." What was she implying? Even she hardly knew.

She began moving from the safety of the light towards the stallion once again, step by step until she was within a few paces of him. Then she saw it- the scars. Seeings as how none of her talents involved hiding her emotions, it was highly likely the stallion would see her brief moment of terror at the burn wounds that marred his face. Even the darkness could not hide the look, just as it could not hide the stallion's deformity. Her forward motion halted abruptly and left smile faded. No wonder he took an absence from the land, she thought to herself before deciding that a stallion as hideous as he could hardly ever be an asset in her life. "Though perhaps you and these friends belong together..." The words came out without regards to what consequences they might bring. All beauty and no brains. Poor Kahlua.

Deceased
Blu

The crisp winter breeze flew past the grazing stallion, tossing the wild and burnt hairs of his mane as it ran its icy fingers through it. Although the temperature of the air up here was much cooler than that below, the wind did not buffer his dunskin sides nor coat him with a fine layer of snow. Kahlua was smart to have come to this place.

Tearing at what sparse grass there was, the tyrant made sure to keep his sharp ears attuned to the sounds of the foraging fae. His past experience with women had taught him that they were as random as they were volatile, and his back twitches at the painful memories he has of one vixen in particular. Histe. The mare who called forth acid from the clouds and laid siege to all who defied her. Was it unreasonable for him to find that he missed the devilish mare's company?

Nonchalantly giving a short, almost unnoticeable whistle, the cunning warlord signaled to his dog to creep behind the ignorant mare. Guns obeyed immediately -- the collie wasn't one to defy the explosive stallion's command -- and silently rose from the ground, the long fur on his legs swaying side to side as he stealthily crept behind the painted fae. Ricochet watched the dog out of the corner of his eye, and gave a loud snort as if to express his praise.

Their method of communication was uncommon to Helovia, but when the Incendiary realized that they would never share a bond, he had come up with a language of their own by which they could speak. Or, in Ricochet's case, a way to give out orders that Guns would obey.

Waves of disgust course through his pale body at the mare's words, but he was not surprised to hear that Mirage had elected a winged monstrosity to rule alongside her. She was the leader of the Qian, afterall; he had had to put up with her 'equal rights for every species' campaign once, and he was certain -- albeit outraged -- that he could do it again. Well, at least I know that he is weak in the knees, this 'Gentle Heart'. And it wasn't as if he was going to allow himself be ordered around by some pegasus; Ricochet had his own plans for an Empire, but making allies and strengthening old bonds would be the best course of action for him right now. I wonder if Smoke still resides there.

Teal eyes flash with anger at the rest of Kahlua's words, and his striped face snaps up in response. Rage quickly filled his starving body and replaced the respect that he had for the girl that was of his species. Was she really just some vain bitch who had thought that she could win him over with her "beauty"? Closing the distance between them, the Incendiary lashed his head out to snap his teeth at her delicate nose, wanting to see the shock and fear register in her blue pale blue eyes as she took a step to evade him. Of course, she could always play the role of a vain and stupid beauty, and have him tear another nostril into the bride of her nose instead.

"Are you revolted, cow? Are you happy that you decided that I was the right stallion for you to toy with?" His words are loud and full of venom when he speaks, and he lunges forwards with his body to try and slam his shoulder into her own. Dark hooves dig into the frozen ground as he tries to throw his weight against her and make her stumble, and he screams, "I warned you, mare. NOW LET'S SEE JUST HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE WITH SCARS OF YOUR OWN!"

A loud whistle escapes the seething brute's maw, and Guns strikes at the mare's dark form from his hiding place in the shadows. He is as fast as he is nimble in this snow, and his speeding body slides beside the mare's right fore, his dark muzzle trying to clamp around it before he runs off to escape any flailing hooves.

{OOC: XD Kind of lame again, but I think that to go any further Kahlua would need to reply. If you think that this will turn into a spar, we can set something up in the battleground, instead?}
"Ricochet"