the Rift

[OPEN] Loading. . .
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
Your heart strikes the gold in me
I stare into the bleakness…wondering, hoping beyond hope that somehow—everything would be alright. Fina scoffed again, this time turning her beak toward our rising pillar of dancing flames that lay in the distance. I could feel her disapproval, but mostly that emotion was because of a familiar fright we both shared. A creature of light didn’t like the darkness any more than I; and she despised being hopeful when no sign of relief was apparent.

Sounds of pattering feet touch my senses, I tip head a little to one side for the point of seeing who walked toward us simply out of necessity. When in daylight I would have been able to pinpoint who it was by their steps and carrying weight—in darkness, I might as well be a greenhorn unfamiliar, with his own ranks. Endless night was ever playing tricks on the mind, and had it not been an outlined shape bobbing toward our position—I might have guessed an overactive imagination was the source.

Hector.

Fina cooed her welcome and I half smiled, recognizing his flaming colored plumage, rich desert pelt that seemed somehow dim and dirty in this light. It was hard not to wonder if that was my appearance as well. “Midas,” he uttered respectfully; muzzle dipping according to our customs. My head lowered in response, mimicking the motion, “Hector…” We both wondered what the other thought about this forsaken time, yet, both sets of ears had heard plenty upon the matter—I didn’t know about him, but this warrior was sick of it. Hearing of it. Sleeping with it. Eating with it. We had enough. Lord only knew how long this actually went on. Days? Months? Surely it couldn’t have been more than a few days? Could it…? How silly of me. Trying to tell time in a land where time itself seemed frozen in place, frozen like the rest of this abandoned land.

"Trying to stay sane in this new world is not an easy task, General."

I grin, though it is a smile laced with bitterness I don’t bother hiding, “Aye, it has been growing hard…and more difficult to tell the passing of time--.” My face turns back to the darkness fully, I no longer regard him yet my voice rises all the same, “Do you have a personal family Hector?”
Credits

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Loading. . . - by Midas - 07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Hector - 07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Midas - 07-07-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Hector - 08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Loading. . . - by Midas - 08-03-2013, 02:25 PM