the Rift

[OPEN] wild and bereft

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

A pleasant smile settled upon Sin’s features as he surveyed the dark stallion before him with extreme interest. It always heartened the Disciple to learn his peers a bit more each day; a sense of solidarity was strengthening in his heart for this wretched place. “Deimos,” he repeated with a firm nod of his head, “And I am Zikar-Sin, sir, Disciple of this place. I do apologize for my lapse failure for familiarity. It seems many come and go here, sometimes to return, mostly to wander off with their own business. Though,” Sin’s head cocked a little to the side, splaying the matted pieces of his mane in a different array, “I must admit, I do perhaps remember seeing you sometimes on the outskirts of our herd gatherings, yes? Which makes my lapse in attention all the more deplorable. Oh, what embarrassment. I must work on that irritating trait of mine.”

After this, there was silence at last from the dappled stallion, an invitation for his shadowy comrade to intercede into the rather one-sided conversation Sin had instigated. Whether the General chose to speak or allow the silence to stretch, Sin would stand there regardless, his coat still sopping wet and coming to curl into a shaggy hide of semi-frozen fur, his wide, almost protuberant eyes settled unblinkingly unto the grey form of the Reaper. It wasn’t until a stray droplet of water escaped into an eye that he shifted himself, seeming to remember finally that he was, indeed, drenched and exposed to the freezing air. Admittedly, the winds of the Basin were fair in comparison to the bitter frost of the Steppe—but that didn’t mean that it was incapable of turning a thoroughly wet piece of horseflesh into a living popsicle.

“Please excuse me a moment,” Sin said in an agreeable voice, stepping a little ways from Deimos, where he shook himself rigorously, sending flecks of water this way and that, hoping none of it reached his companion. By the end of it, the Disciple was a veritable mess, with his coat and mane shaggy, fly-away, and most disagreeable in appearance; in the moment, Sin was vaguely reminiscent of an underfed wooly mammoth. However the access water was away from his body and his coat was as clean as it could get, which was quite enough for Sin. He returned to Deimos’s side with a satisfied lift to his tail and the same, interested expression glued to his eyes, which were, in turn, glued to Deimos.

“I supposed it’d be foolish of me to ask if you’ve noticed this rather intriguing state of dark we’ve entered,” Sin said, gaze momentarily thrown upward, searching out the absent heavens, “It’s quite extraordinary, isn’t it? Though I can’t tell if it’s a natural anomaly or…something….other…” His eyes returned to the sky with a pensive look, voice trailing away delicately in a way that suggested Sin’s mind was whirling off again into its own tangent. “I wonder how this will affect the life that depends upon direct sunlight for survival. Will trees wither? I wonder how long it will take….will it eventually affect us as well? I haven’t felt a thing…” He shook himself slightly, is attention coming back to Deimos with an inquiry in the cock of his ear; I wonder how he feels about these things…?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
wild and bereft - by Deimos - 07-04-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: wild and bereft - by Zikar-Sin - 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: wild and bereft - by Deimos - 07-14-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: wild and bereft - by Zikar-Sin - 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: wild and bereft - by Deimos - 07-20-2013, 11:28 AM