the Rift

[OPEN] A sound of Silence

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
She didn't know why she had traveled this far out here alone. It was too dark. Her eyes couldn't adjust right to all the shadows and with only one ear she couldn't hear everything around her. But something inside of her had pushed her to start moving. To keep edging forward and slink away for a while. Of course, don't get her wrong, she didn't like being alone. And, in all honesty she hadn't expected to be alone for long - Quil was usually right at her side as soon as he had realized she had started to wander off on her own.

But, perhaps he had sensed the difference in her stride. She was slightly stronger in her sense of capability to leave, though she was still jumping at everything in her path. Her mind was easily drawn into her own thoughts and she had started to become reserved. The darkness was not only plaguing the world around her but it was beginning to plague her mind. It was keeping her stressed and keeping her adrenaline pumping. Rest had been short with long times in between the moments of it's gracious calming effects. She was pushing uncertainly onward without a real direction or meaning.

Res had heard of the Gods, though, and she supposed that was what had drawn her in this direction. Her feet tripping over roots and branches she couldn't see as she catapulted left and then right and then left again at every noise her audit dared to pick up on. She couldn't tell what it was, and her eyes dare not adjust well enough between swaying lanterns to gift her with the grace of making out the world around her with the sense she had to rely on more with her hearing lacking.

By the time the lanterns died her golden orbs picked up the site of glowing rivers of... what was that? Her eyes widened instantly as she stumbled back into the amber light of the lantern, hooves kicking dirt up in front of her face as she struggled to understand just what was going on around her. Light. There was light. But there was no sun...

She shook her head violently in an attempt to pull herself together before stepping cautiously over the glowing liquid. Each step cautiously placed as she attempted to pull shadow from rock as the lava lit up different shadows for her to attempt to place in her mind when she had not once been to. Climbing for a little while she continued the process of picking up one hoof, eyeing the ground uncertainly and then testing the terrain before fully resting her weight upon it.

Then, she stopped suddenly in her tracks. Her orbs shot in the direction of the voice whose sound she could make out but not the words. Confusion flitted across her features and she began to trek forward again. Except, this time, she was too intrigued by the voice who seemed to have stopped to take full attention to her steps and her back hoof slipped off the slick rock and almost sent her sliding back into the lava.

In a swift movement she had leaped onto her feet and shot about ten feet forward. Her heart racing more than she could recall from the trek out toward this place. That was close... that was too. All she had wanted in coming out here was some guidance - was to see if these Gods were still around and to see if they were testing the world or playing some kind of sick joke. Because, honestly, this was one horribly sick joke to be shrouding the world in complete and utter blackness.

Again, she jolted forward, eyes locking on the liquid as it pulsed close to her hind legs again and by the time she had reached a safe area she had almost ran straight into two other equines. Except... one had a horn attached to it's cranium. A very sharp horn if she did say so herself. Instantaneously she began to stumble backwards. "S-so-sorry!" she choked out, velveteen chords sharp and broken from surprise, "I d-didn't me-mean to interrupt..."

And then Resplendence allowed her eyes to take in the pair... really take in the pair. It took her a second to lock onto the one without the horn, a stag she later deemed only to realize that there was a dragon lurking upon his back. Her eyes widened even more as she shuffled her feet, head swinging back for a second to ensure she didn't step in the glow liquid. Oh God. Those things were not meant to exist. And horses were not meant to have horns on their heads. And lava was not supposed to glow. And the list could go on and on. But it did nothing to calm the claybank dun mare down as she shuffled her feet in place.

Her eyes switched toward the horned one in hopes of some kind of reassurance only to see the white tiger at her side. She shuffled in place again. It was going to eat her! She just knew it! There was no other explanation. God. Why had she come?! Why had she decided to see if the Gods were still around? Why had she put herself through this. Oh she didn't need this stress. Her heart was still racing outside of her chest and uncertainty was clouding her vision. Should she run? Should she stay? Oh. She just wanted Quil back here right now! He had always been with her since they had found each other again! And she had chosen today to attempt to be brave and to move on forward about it all. She knew she needed to be braver, stronger, less... well... her. But, that was easier said than done and all of her attempts at doing so had only left her with an elevated pulse and a bit of sweat gleaming against her expanding and collapsing ribs as she fought to take deep breaths to calm herself.

It hadn't mattered that it was cold, no. Anxiety hadn't cared and it had definitely taken it's toll already...

1040 words
Res broke the awkward moment by... making it more awkward? XD
-also I tend to tag each post so if you'd prefer I didn't just let me know!
@[Lace] && @[Yseulte]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
A sound of Silence - by Lace - 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM
RE: A sound of Silence - by Yseulte - 07-07-2013, 02:09 AM
RE: A sound of Silence - by Resplendence - 07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: A sound of Silence - by Lace - 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM