the Rift

[OPEN] Without a friend

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Sielu
All flowers wilt

The world got rapidly dark; and with it came silence. A dreadful silence that threatened my soul and shook the core of this body until it trembled. My smoky mane and tail, once playful and childlike in its dance—was gone. Not a single sliver of mist remained. I cried that day, silver tears rolled down each cheek and fearfully like a babe I clung to my Momma’s side. She was just as bemused, not as fearful as I; though how could a child tell of a parents worry?

Now I stood by and by, grazing by Momma’s side and hiding behind hindquarters when strangers, or even known clan members approached. They looked at me with either pity, or despise—making me feel as if somehow this was all my fault. I grew to hate their stares, and a cold expression fell over this soul. The darkness hide my baldness, and was perhaps a comfort instead of fear provoking in these hard weeks. I cleaved the shadows, and mulled over not being able to understand why this was happening—why everyone had lost their magic.

Momma had told me something about the gods, how they had left us alone in this new existence. I thought about them and wondered…why? What had the grownups done to offend these creatures that seemed to give us power? But my questions, voice, all remained silent—a shield within myself that was without blemish or break. Until this night rose from our land, my voice would remain forever silenced; and perhaps…my innocence.

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
honest is easy
fiction’s where genius lies

There was a slight lurch to Roland’s step as he walked, choosing the placement of his feet upon the dark ice with extreme care. He was glad no one had been around moments ago to witness his sudden stumble as he trotted through the dark, suddenly losing his footing upon the uneven rocks and crashing to the ground on one knee. He had barely made a sound as he fell luckily, not wanting to attract attention, but there was a thin scrape and a smear of blood across his fur that stung bitterly in the cold air. The darkness had persisted for several days now, though Roland had entirely lost track of time without the sun and moon to count the hours, but he had grown no more graceful in his maneuvering around the rocky valley with shadows swimming before his eyes.

He had assumed he was alone with only his dismal, and now wounded, thoughts to keep him company, sleep weighing heavily on his eyelids, until he glimpsed a shape moving ahead of him, just barely catching the glint of distant light. Curious but apprehensive, he approached slowly and did his best to hide the limp he now walked with, tilting his head in a failed attempt to see through the darkness.

Hello there?” He called out softly as he approached, his voice sounding eerily loud in the deathly silence. As he grew nearer the shape of the creature became more apparent, and to his relief he found he was standing before another horse. At least, he assumed so. She was young, with a deep purple pelt that mixed in with the darkness so well he might have walked right into her if he had not been looking carefully, but she was also very unique. One might have said strange if they were of a crueler mind.

He could just barely make out her frosty eyes and slender face, noticing that she had an attractive countenance, but what set her apart from the usual was her complete lack of hair. Without it she appeared small and fragile, perhaps as exposed as he felt in the ambiguous darkness, and Roland felt a twinge of sympathy for the filly. Halting before her, he lifted the weight from his left forelimb and leaned back on his haunches, disguising a grimace of pain as he looked down at her. “I haven’t seen you around before. My name is Roland,” he intoned kindly, dipping his head in somewhat of an overdramatic bow. The child looked like she could use cheering up, and with charisma coming as naturally to him as breathing, he was more than happy to try his hand at brightening her day, even if he could not do it in the literal sense.

image credits

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer
It had been the darkness that had pinned him down and scattered himself around the shadows of Helovia. Although Farenjer had conquered the demons and found his ways finally back to The Basin, his home. It was inside, horrifying to think he would never find his way back after the exploring. What a stupid thing to do? Go out in the open lands filled with monsters and rouges alone? What if you never came back? But it was experience that Farenjer wanted, and he had it with being lost for some time now. Though the stag knew now and too fondly to keep his place inside The Basin with the many other citizens. And to live on life until he needed to go out there again. What worried his mind the most now, was if there will actually ever be another day with light and happiness. It was as if him and the rest of his friends and citizens were trapped down a mine shaft. 

Farenjer was by the source of thriving light that encircled The Basin. To him the light did not feel cold. Just bright and empty. The apprentice was freezing under these conditions and had been recently working on attempting to sew like Crowley. Though now, Crowley had been making blankets, Farenjer felt he was very stressed out by all of this and wanted to assist as well. He withdrew away from the light, stepping behind the others and into their dreary shadows on the permafrost grounds. Maneuvering his way, he looked up. Though he knew he would never be enabled to see anything in the blackness. He saw something just beyond his point. The sources light just shining on them. A stag as tall as him was halted there introducing himself to somebody. 

Farenjer walked a few steps closer to see, a dark purple figure that dimly could be seen through the shadows. He wanted to talk too. Longing for the silence of his voice to be gone for now. The cravings were enough to make him tiredly walk over and exchange a glance with each of them. Words of mind speaking "Hi. I'm Farenjer." his tone was with kindness in it for he simply wanted to do is make friends in this very dark world. 'Hi' was something a child could say, but it was also a fact Farenjer knew as a casual greeting to one another. Which is why he exchanged the small word now. Glancing at the stag next to him. He had seen this brother before many times but never really got acquainted with him. But exchanging another curious glance at the figure within the shadows, she was someone he had never seen before. He felt himself rude for looking at her, and quickly evaded eye contact before waiting for others to have spoken.   

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel

Sielu
All flowers wilt

I sniffed the cold air, something was coming. An essence I hadn’t run across yet; he approached and my limbs stiffened. Silently I wished to sink into the snow below—disappear out of sight and mind. It wasn’t worth having a conversation, considering my voice was forever silenced until the magic either returned or a voicebox grew in my throat. Slender body shivered violently, it was pointless to pray that the stranger would simply pass me by without ever noticing—“Hello there?” My dual colored orbs rose expectantly, the trademark weapon that held a permanent frost mark also slipped up.

What could I say that he would hear? His dark dun fur emerged in the faint light, I cringed a little but held my ground all the same. “I haven’t seen you around before. My name is Roland.” That made sense, Momma often kept us apart from the herd; for obvious reasons that were unobvious to me. I naturally assumed that she knew best though. Before anything brilliant could be mustered; other than my current simply stare. Another creature stepped on the scene. Yet another Stallion. Tiny hindhooves shuffled a step back, it might come across to them as a reaction to intimidation or inner fear; but I wasn’t afraid—no, it was only desired that their eyes didn’t shine with pity which would surely come when they found out that my voice had altogether vanished. Perhaps neither would notice if I slipped away into the darkness—they seldom did once words started flying.

OOC: Sorry it took to long.

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo
honest is easy
fiction’s where genius lies

The greeting Roland called out into the darkness was only met with silence, and at first the stallion wondered if she hadn’t heard him, or if her reply had been lost in the snow thick air. It was only when she met his questioning gaze that he realized there was something different about her, a subtle message in her expression that wordlessly hinted at the nature of her reticence. Perhaps she was just shy, ashamed of her lack of hair, or perhaps there was another reason entirely for the silence that stretched between them, his introduction left unanswered.

Roland shifted his weight off his forehand, wincing at the pain blossoming in his knee as he turned towards the sound of approaching footsteps. A voice cut through the darkness before its owner was illuminated by the distant light, and Roland smiled faintly as his eyes fell upon Farenjer’s chestnut form. It seemed the Impersonator was meeting all kinds of new faces in the darkness when stumbling across someone was near unavoidable. He nodded wordlessly to the stallion, avoiding the redundancy of stating his own name in reply and turning back to face the silent filly.

She had taken a step back as if purposefully trying to distance herself from them, and Roland awkwardly wondered if she was intimidated by their presence. As an adult, he hadn’t interacted with many children, having left his herd in his youth and wandered for many months. His skills in that field, so to speak, were relatively rusty and he was lost for what to say that might have a chance of ameliorating whatever distress or distrust she might have felt. He felt rude, somehow, for finally asking the question that was pressing at the back of his mind, but there was no other direction for him to take that might have seemed less invasive. “Can you speak?

(Definitely not one of my best posts >.< My muse seems to have ran away on me)

image credits

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer

The dark stag noticed how the fae seemed to try and isolate herself. As if she were attempting to relieve her urge to hide by digging her already dark figure more into the shadows. A small sigh slipped from under his maw as he watched with a faint gleam of pity shining in his icy orbs. His motion swayed forth onto the large stag near him who held a quick and friendly smile that made Farenjer a little more comfortable. The darker stag himself had given the tiniest unoticeble smirk for the comfort of feeling friendly. He wondered though if this young fae was as friendly as the other and himself.

He gazed catching few glances onto her. Noticing every moment how she seemed to avoid using her voice. That is... if she perhaps had a voice. Can she not speak? Farenjer thought idly, tipping his head to the side a little and squinting his eyes in the thinking fashion. He couldn't help but hope she surely was not mute, and that the young fae was fine. But then again, if she was ignoring to speak for immature reasons then this would be worst then the other theory. Farenjer just hoped she was okay. Lurking orbs looked over to the other stag who seemed to be just as curious. Farenjer observed him, the unicorn that he never had been able to speak to. A cut fastened with red on his knee widened Farenjer's eyes slightly. He didn't want to attract the attention of Roland, because the stag thought it might be rude.

Shoving the thoughts of the other's wound in the back of his mind. A snatch of his icy eyes caught back onto the direction of the girl that stood before both of them. Moments pressed on before Farenjer's ears twitched to the side “Can you speak?” A gleam of admiration flashed through the peak of the stag's orbs. He rounded his gaze back onto the other stag and then turned onto the fae who stood in shadow. He wanted to add something to Roland's question, but nothing came to thought that would help in the situation. Farenjer just remained quiet and still for the rest, twitching his tail a little.