the Rift

[OPEN] Real (Ktulu, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I hadn’t seen my dark lady in what felt like…forever ago; and perhaps it had been. This endless night was a mind teaser, it tickled the heartstrings until you couldn’t decide what was up—and what was down. After assuring that my world wasn’t going to fall apart back home at (least for a few hours), I took to heaven—peddling fast and heavy. Each beat a quickening that sped my heart, a steady rush between fear and desire.

What if…but I wouldn’t dare think it. The path below me kept eyes and mental thoughts occupied while I scanned for familiar landmarks that would signal, the Meadow, and Threshold, until finally the twinkling light trees became more frequent and seemed to grow in number. They spread out, until the grass itself seemed to shimmer with its holy illumine.

Feathered plumage pumps backwards, slowly I descended upon this unnaturally lite land. Holding firm when I sensed the familiar edge of her territory. Times had changed, no longer did the clans feel as welcome as they once had—I didn’t dare cross the border out of fear that a rouge soldier might mistake me for unwelcome company. Physically my body was cold, freezing almost, each exhale came out as mist. I ignored all this as a love struck fool would. I needed to see her, touch her neck, breath in the musky scent of her flesh. Run my face down our daughter’s slim back and brush her feathers. But mostly, I just needed to make sure she was alright. That our world hadn’t changed completely, and that I hadn’t lost everything.
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

when your eyes are red and emptiness is all you know
with the darkness fed i will be your scarecrow</style>

The time of day was unknown, the only thing known and certain was that it was dark and continued to be dark day in and day out. The only light they had was the light in their herd land and the dim light of the lantern trees that lit pathways from one land to another. Life was incredibly more dangerous now than it had been just a few short weeks ago and as time dragged on Ktulu found herself wondering if the Gods would be successful in fixing whatever rift was broken. She wanted the sun back in the sky, warming her daughter's back as she played in the rippling green fields of the Foothills. She wanted the winter to end and without the sun she felt that it would just continue. Often times she wondered how long she should wait before calling it quits and taking her daughter to a land that would be safer for her to grow up in.

The dark mare snorted as she strolled the borders of her home, ears rotating and straining to catch every sound that could be a threat. She paused in mid-step at the sound of feathers? Wings? Midas, she judged from the scent she breathed in that floated on the air. She felt like too much time had passed since the last time she'd seen him, but her sense of time was skewed. He could have come yesterday, she knew, but with the God of Time absent how could she really tell?

"Midas." She finally said into the darkness. "You're back? Where are you?" Her eyes narrowed as she stared into the darkness trying to see at least an outline of him. She wondered if he could hear the tension in her voice and would know just how upset she was.

ooc:// sorry about the wait :T
Credits

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I breathed out and the breath came as a mist that hovered and seemed to freeze midair before clinging to a nearly frozen snout. It was cooler this far north, I wasn’t sure how the others handled the chill so well—but then again there were some which couldn’t fathom living within the heart of a bare desert. My time spent waiting was very short, Ktulu wasn’t one to leave her boarders unguarded. She must have heard me come in, “Midas,” my name chimed out more of an uncertain question. We both peered into the darkness, each trying to make out the other with what light was offered. Before I could respond she delved right into two other ponderings, “You’re back? Where are you?”

Smiling simply from the thrill of hearing her voice again I breathed out tenderly, “Aye dear one, I’m here.” my right wing slowly ruffles back and forth across the crook of its sheath that was my barrel, the sound would be enough for her. Limbs shuffle forward, daggers crunched upon dead grass. I headed toward the direction her voice was birthed. The strength of that feminine essence was enough for me to get close enough without us bumping into the other like blind fools. My muzzle extends to brush across her check. I wanted to offer the comfort I felt she deserved and needed—though my proud lady wouldn’t be one to admit it, “My apologizes for being late, its…hard to tell….” I pause, then whisper, “How much time has passed in this forsaken darkness.” By tone alone she seemed stressed, pulled to wits end, “How is Ranjiri? And Hototo?”
with you, with you

The dark mare felt relief at the sound of Midas' voice when he spoke. With the darkness feeding her paranoia at times she knew it had been very possible that had he not spoken a reply she would have tracked him down and attacked to defend her home. He continued to rustle his feathers, shuffle his hooves and she used that along with his scent to track him down. They were soon close and she felt his muzzle ghost across her cheek, so she tilted her head toward the touch and soon felt him more solidly. Ktulu allowed herself several more steps and her body was soon pressed solidly against Midas'.

"I know." She replied when he apologized for being late and mentioned the time. "I cannot remember how long we've been victim to this darkness." She bumped her muzzle against his shoulder then used it to guide herself so she could rest her head on his back. Her eyes closed and she sighed, wishing that they could be like this more often, but neither of them would leave their respective homes. She had vowed to herself that she would never again be a part of the Dragon's Throat. How long would they be able to last like this?

"How is Ranjiri? And Hototo?"

"Ranjiri grows every day." Ktulu replied. "She's beginning to take after you, and Hototo..." Ktulu sighed. "I have not seen or heard from him since he left home to do his father's bidding."

ooc:// again, sorry about the wait :T
Credits

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

I could feel her heat, that sheltering fervor pressed against my chest. It was hard and fruitless to resist the urge of our selfish, yet simple delight—the privilege of holding her flesh against mine. Sampling that tangible, solid connectives which bound our spirits to the other. Ktulu’s scent, so vibrant and sweet. I ran my face through her silken hair, remembering its texture through memory. Gently, as was the weakness of a mortals, I led tender wet kisses in a trail down her neck. It was that same weakness that made me desire for a moment that we would never be apart again. Was it possible to love one creature so wholly, so purely?

There was fear enough for us both.

It was actually very selfish of me; somehow I harbored the idea that this wild spirit would be forever untamed. Wouldn’t forever be mine? Could I ever claim this woman? Was she going to be mine till the end of days? A throbbing lovestruck youth might say yes, and honestly I would do everything mortally possible to keep this lady for myself—allowing no other to mark her. For I was hers, and she mine. This was known, but…why was there a tight lump in the back of my throat?

My darling girl finally responses, and I smiled at her mention of our golden babe. Such a beautiful child, and an equally beautiful mother. One might call me the fool… “I haven’t seen or heard from him.” The smile was quickly replaced with a worried frown, gently I nuzzled her locks and said, “Surely he is fine, a strong lad you bore and raised to adolescence. However,” her tone hadn’t appeared to be one of worry, so I tried to lighten mine, “Should I see him, I’ll express the responsibility of a son to not give their mother reasons for fretting.” With humor and budding hope I turned the conversation back to Ranjiri, my fascination in the growing child increased each time we interacted, “Is she close?” I whispered eagerly, “Can I see her?”
with you, with you

Midas was right that Hototo was strong. In her opinion he had taken more after his godly father than her in his looks, size, strength, and his personality. There had been a time when she had been as calm and accepting as Hototo was, but that time had been short lived. When Nyra had stolen Ophelia and tried to invade their home was when her childhood had ended and she began to hold grudges and prejudices against others. Part of her was thankful that her flaws had not rubbed off on her son and that he had taken all of his father's good traits.

"Should I see him, I'll express the responsibility of a son to not give their mother reasons for fretting."

Ktulu appreciated the sentiment, but she still shook her head. "He is very busy." She answered, feeling sadness deep in her gut that her son had grown up so quickly and had set off to find his place in the world. The dark mare removed her head from Midas' back when he asked if their daughter was close and if he could see her. It was a silly question, she thought. Of course Ranjiri was close, she always was, and since when did Midas have to ask permission to see his child?

"She's asleep." Ktulu answered as she turned and began to walk to where she had left Ranjiri and Eytan. Her tail flicked as she walked and several feet ahead she could see the bulky outline of Eytan curled around her sleeping daughter to keep her warm. The dark mare halted and lowered her head, her muzzle gently brushing Ranjiri's cheek. The young filly did little more then heave a sigh as she continued to sleep.

Credits

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

The darkness didn’t help with rising worries and fears; but seeing my family like this. Perfect, and together. It was the way things should be. If only we could find the method for maintaining; surely, my coming around every few days kept our love alive. Kept me alive inside. How long though? When would she turn me away when the affections of another male came into our mist? She deserved something better, a man that was around 24/7. One to offer protection and security.

I could offer naught when pressed far away. Leaving wasn’t an option; neither hardheaded adult would budge from their home. Many a relationship had thrived over the years being at a distance—only time would tell if we could muster a likeness. I loved her with all my being, every fiber would bleed for the constrictors honor, and I would raise my banner in her name. Yet. Dragon’s Throat held my vow, a history of parenting that spawned young lions and lionesses. To deny my home, would be as if spitting in my father’s face.

To promise everything—often means pain.

Ktulu led me over to our sleeping cherub, the faint outline was hidden among the dense fur of Eytan. I smiled and lowered my muzzle when she brushed her maw against our daughter’s cheek. How big she was, yet, how fragile. I sighed also and breathed warmth across her forehead in a mist. A horn already started to form, it was soft and still babyish. As was were her feathered down. So the horn would harden, and those primary feathers would come in.

Her beauty never ceased to strike me. The combination of both sire and dam made a miraculous filly. One that would soon be ready for her first gliding lesson. My eyes glowed with affection as I gently kissed her forehead and brushed away a golden lock of hair, “Precious babe,” I whispered, “You grow too fast.” Cranium rose reluctantly and I gazed up at Ktulu with tenderness in my softened pools. A thought came to me and quietly so not to disturb the child I asked, “Ktulu, why did you take your leave of Dragons Throat?” We had never discussed it before—and I was curious.
with you, with you

The Constrictor stood by and watched the tenderness with which Midas touched their daughter and spoke to her sleeping form. She felt sadness that he could not be around more often to watch her grow. Deep in the back of her mind there was also a touch of bitterness that he would choose the Throat over their daughter and herself. No matter how often he visited the bitterness was there and it was slowing growing and developing. Her own demons were nurturing it, threatening to rip her away from someone that she cared about. But what could she do? She was too stubborn to leave her home and even more stubborn about returning to the Throat.

Her ears tilted forward and her gaze rose from Ranjiri as Midas voiced a question that she assumed he'd been wondering about for a long while. The honest truth was that she just did not like the desert, and had been angry with the way that Kri had treated her father. Then finding out that a set of Pegasus twins that Kri had stolen had stolen Ophelia's identity and had temporarily driven a rift between herself and her sister had been another strike and enough to make Ktulu's decision quite easy. She just wasn't used to explaining herself and her choices to anyone else, so she paused to choose her words carefully.

"Kri and I do not see eye to eye." She began simply enough. "And I find the desert to be very oppressing." Would he accept her answer or would he think it not good enough? It was time for her to ask her own questions, though. "How long do you think we can keep doing this, Midas?" Her gaze was unwavering as she looked at the golden general. "We're trying but sometimes I think that we're not meant to last."

Credits

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

“Kri and I do not see eye to eye,” I smile with faint humor, just the hint of corners turned up in amusement. Her answer was an expected one; very few could withstand the temper of our leads. They were pure desert hardened beasts of carnage—bur there was also a gentleness if only one dared hang around for the sampling. Just as there was a softness to Ktulu behind a shell of that youthful entrepreneur head. I wasn’t sure what my Lady was trying to prove in this merciless life, but then again that inner question could be reversed to myself.

Do not forget your fathers face.

“I find the desert very oppressing.”

Though her choice of words wasn’t fully understood at least by its reasoning, I didn’t press further. To a Pegasus nothing was freer than having the world below; close to heaven we stood, close to our Gods. Dragon’s Throat had the widest sky. Having already learned that people would share when they felt good and ready, I waited to see if she would share more on this topic without me having to ask. Instead on dwelling toward a thought that obviously wasn’t ready to be fully discussed, Ktulu ventured toward a question of her own. One that made me blink and cast my gaze to the ground with heartsick emotion turning my throat into a tight ball.

“How long do you think we can keep doing this, Midas?"

The million framed question of our night. She was dangling before me, like an object that I could see, touch, even smell—yet, unreachable in its wholeness. I had been selfish. Not willing to admit that the woman I loved was hurting on the inside and there was nothing to be done to correct it. Nothing to change that fact. If I went with her, I would be miserable—we would be miserable through time. There were others who counted upon me, and in the coming weeks they would count upon me double fold in ways that I couldn’t even fathom.

“We’re trying but sometimes I think that we’re not meant to last.”

My frown deepened and the very core of my being felt a sadness that was unexplainable. “We’re not meant to last.” I forced a smile, tainted with pain that was concealed with love and darkness, “I’ve hurt you, and for that I cry your pardon,” soft as the fur on a babes belly my voice slips quietly into a lull, “When I fell in love with you, it was before our hooves walked a separate path.” Glancing up I attempted to lock eyes with her so that she might witness the bare soul beneath; the fragile one very few got to see. I was scared. Scared senseless when I had admitted my love to this beautifully wild creature, and now terrified of losing it. “Until the day you wish to see me no more, I will come…until that day and all that follow. I will keep on loving you. I've got no other answer.” Each word was like a dagger in me; she could turn me away at any moment. It was her right.
with you, with you

"When I fell in love with you it was before our hooves walked a separate path."

"I don't believe we will ever walk the same path, Midas." Ktulu murmured. "It's not for lack of trying." They'd both put everything they had into staying together, but she felt like whatever relationship they had was crumbling away and falling apart faster than they could try to repair it. She sighed and looked up toward the stars, the corners of her mouth pulled downward as she frowned. She remembered all of the secret meetings in the darkness in the Thistle Meadow, him fighting when they invaded the Foothills, the night they decided to try and make whatever it was between them work by having a family together.

It felt like another thing she was failing at.

"I do love you, Midas, but are we really being fair to ourselves? To our daughter?" Ranjiri was an exceptionally observant filly even though she pretended not to be most of the time. She knew that there was something wrong with her parents not being in the same herd. She felt the distance between them and she often questioned Ktulu about it. "You won't leave the Throat and I won't live there..." She finally returned her gaze to Midas, still frowning and once more questioning herself on why he'd chosen her out of everyone in Helovia to fall in love with. Questioning herself on why she'd allowed him and herself to go as far as they had despite knowing that they probably wouldn't last. Nothing in her life had ever lasted beyond a few months.

"I don't know if this is fixable anymore."

Credits

Icon by Tay