the Rift

Innocence of the Stars

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

OOC| Your writing is beautiful- I really felt the story :)

Kahlua wandered aimlessly, following the glowing trees that lit the path. Since the sun had been permanently extinguished, the glowing trees had provided some of the only light in the land. She didn't like it very much. For one thing, it was damned hard to see. For another, her internal clock was being messed with to the point that she hardly knew if it was day or night anymore. And with nothing to do but try and figure out if it was day or night, where the next step in the darkness would take her or when she would next find a bite of eat, she was stuck thinking. Now, as it was, Kahlua wasn't much of a thinker. Nobody had ever accused her of being smart, so brooding and pondering were stressful to her. But even more stressful was what she as thinking of with every step she took now- memories. None were so sweet as the ones that made you who you were, but neither were they ever so bitter.
Can I even remember my home? Sure I remember. There was father, Judas Priest. They called him the Preacher. He lived in his little, crumbling castle, rarely taking the time to come out and check on his herd. Was he a good father? He might have been, if he had showed a little more interest. Do I know what happened to him? No, but do I care? Not really. And mother. Oh, sweet mother... well, sweet isn't exactly the word. Krystal Nacht, the queen of the damned. She was lovely... what more is there to say? And Fuhrer. We had our differences. I loved him. Did he reciprocate? I don't know. I think he was always a little jealous that I was so much prettier. Until...
She shook her head to ward off the memories before she could think any further. She hated remembering the disaster, the fires, the destruction. She hated remembering the fear, the confusion. Mostly, she hated that she couldn't find him. Would her and her twin, Fuhrer, have been friends was he here today? No, most certainly not. But did she regret losing him? Every day. At least missing someone lost in a disaster was easy. If she had to question why he left, why he chased her off, why he died... her poor brain would have been worked to it's last straw.

Unexpectedly, the painted mare noticed movement out of the corner of her eye. It always seemed like she was sneaking up on others and scaring herself. She was a little unobservant, it was hard to be otherwise. The mare before her was large, both in height and girth. A draft breed, and seemingly better fed than many of the horses Kahlua had seen in Helovia as of late. Kahlua herself was growing skinny in these cold and dark times. As Kahlua trudged through the snow towards the ebony mare, she let a smile cross her face. “My name is Kahlua, friend. Welcome to Helovia.” She wasn't entirely sure how she had made her way to the Threshold, where she had just so recently crossed into Helovia, but since she was here she may as well do some recruiting. She was sure the brownie points with Thor and Mirage wouldn't hurt her quest for fame throughout the land.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-10-2013, 12:07 AM