the Rift

Innocence of the Stars

Avarielle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ooc- Thank you so much! That is an even bigger compliment after reading more of your writing. Kahlua is a really interesting character.

I cannot help but be delighted with my strange surroundings, my entire being aches for the adventure and fresh start that this land is sure to bring me. The cold snow piling around my hooves and upon my back glides through the air settling upon everything leading the forest to look fresh and un-trodden upon.

I take this as a sign that my fresh start has began. My heart aches for the loss of Torolf, but spending all of my time grieving for him only seemed to rip a larger hole in my heart.

"My name is Kahlua, friend. Welcome to Helovia."

I am startled from my thoughts by a voice that could only be described as a soft tinkling; every word soft and lilting. A gorgeous black and white mare walks through the snow in my direction, even while plowing her feet through the snow she manages to make every step a dainty dance. She is small in stature but has a way of carrying herself that makes her presence massive.

"I am Avarielle," I go into a dip of a bow, not too low, but not keeping my head above hers either. It was something I learned from my war time, treat all like a prince until you know otherwise.

Her smile was the brightest I had seen, but her eyes darkly sparked with thoughts and ambitions. I cannot help but smile back at Kahlua, her seemingly lightness in mood is contagious. But I do believe that the mare won't be an easy one to figure out.

"What is Helovia? Are there other horses? Are you by yourself?" My head spins with all of the questions I wish to ask her. I remember the trees that look as if stars had come down to rest upon them, "What are these trees?"

I'm excited to have came across another horse after being alone for so long.I didn't realize how badly I wished for someone to speak with until now. Too late I realize my excitement over took my composure leading me to act like a boisterous yearling.

I lay my pricked ears back some trying to portray a bit more indifference in my speech. "I would like to know more about this place, and if I could grow to call it home."

Messages In This Thread
Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-10-2013, 12:07 AM