the Rift

Innocence of the Stars

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

A shiver overtook the mare as she waited just briefly for a response from the large, draft mare. The falling snow and the winds were chilling, and perhaps silencing too. The draft mare's jump surprised Kahlua, only because the painted mare was rarely silent enough to count herself among the sneakier equines of the land. Of course, the darkness probably lent itself to her stealthy approach. “Avarielle.” The painted mare repeated the name to herself several times. She would need to remember it if, in fact, she would be introducing the draft mare to the herd. As she was repeating the name, Kahlua was pleasantly surprised to see the draft mare bow her head. A little bit of stroking the ego went a long way- and Kahlua was sold. An occasional reminder of her beauty was a welcome thing.

The draft mare smiled back and, if it was even possible, Kahlua stood just a little straighter and perfected the arch of her neck just a little more. If she was being treated like a princess, she should act like one. She had never really gotten along with too many mares- but this one may prove to be the exception. Suddenly, the draft mare's questions came rushing forth and Kahlua laughed, a gay sound that filled the cold air with life. It was not mocking or rude, but welcoming. She knew all too well the emotions that were causing the draft mare to rush through her words. As the mare composed herself and settled to a quieter mood, Kahlua found her chance to respond, in turn, to each of the question.

“Helovia is the country you walk in. There are horses, but you will find winged and horned companions here as well. I have to say I was shocked myself!” She didn't hide emotions well, but didn't care either. She paused just a moment to reflect upon her own arrival here, the first horse she met being a large black stallion with leathery bat wings. “I suppose I'm by myself right this moment, but I was taken in by the members of the World's Edge, a large herd that serves as my family now. As for the trees...” She trailed off briefly and looked towards one of the strange lamp trees, her mood darkening for a moment. In meeting this new mare, she had briefly forgotten the darkness pressing all around them. “The sun has not risen in weeks. They say it has to do with the Gods, though I know little of them.” Still, the darkness could not keep her down long, this was too joyous an occasion. “Homes here are plenty, though, and I'm sure you'll grow to love it despite the darkness. Thor the Gentle Heart welcomed me with open arms to the Edge. There are other herds as well, some my allies and enemies only because of my home. I can't say why, the rivalries have a history in Helovia much longer than my own.” She paused to laugh a moment. “Politics!”
So I see you love me, which is great, because I'm wonderful. And now that we've gotten over that part, you can just keep on loving me. And bowing to me. And anything else. See, one day I'm going to be in charge, so really this is all just good practice for you now. And I like you, so we'll be perfect together. I'll run the show and you can be my second in command. Maybe. Just don't get any prettier, we can't have you distracting from my beauty. Not that you'd ever overtake me just... we don't need any bad feelings between us, do we? So just show me you're useful and we'll be the best of friends. It'll be great!
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Avarielle - 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Innocence of the Stars - by Kahlua - 07-10-2013, 12:07 AM