the Rift

[OPEN] Lights On, Nobody Home

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Her meeting with Onni the Illuminant hadn't been ideal at first. Stupid and scared mix about as well as oil and water; Onni's fright mixed with Kahlua's lacking intelligence had been no exception. The Illuminant's tales of monsters in the darkness had worked Kahlua into a frenzy until she could deal with her own fears no more and had snapped. For all practical purposes, she had accused dearest Onni of being crazy. And yet, somehow, the two had managed to work things out and had actually become companions as they traveled together from Helovia's Heart. With the darkness pressing in about her and the World's Edge a long hike to the other end of Helovia, Kahlua had requested permission to visit the desert.

Some days later, she found herself still enjoying the warmth of the desert sands. She knew the longer she stayed here on the sands of her allies, the more she would regret it once her welcome was worn. Still, she could hardly bring herself to think of leaving. The darkness was the same, and the lack of food from the lack of sunlight was certainly the same, but at least the cold was gone. And with one less stress to trouble her mind, Kahlua felt some happiness that had been stolen from her seeping back into her bones.

With Onni's blessing, the painted mare had exploring the land of her allies, though trying to remain as innocuous as possible. Gods be with her if some 'fight now, as questions later' warrior came upon her. She was hardly fit for battle and could only image the consequences. As it was, she intended to use this visit as an act of diplomacy. It would hardly be diplomatic of her to stumble back to the Edge, bringing news that she had caused an upset in the land of the Throat. No, she had much gentler ambitions than that. She wished only to prove her use to Thor the Gentle Heart. For now, she stood quietly by the side of the lake. Even in the darkness the body of water was beautiful, the glowing of the distant pyre flickering on the water's surface. She didn't even think to look about her for danger. If Onni's monsters were real or not, stupid didn't get fixed overnight.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry
I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The Golden stallion had, had enough with Rasta's constant nagging about his limp. She was blind for godsake! How could she tell how bad it was. Though he loved her like a Sister, she got under his skin, always trying to tell him what to do, why he should and he wasn't good with orders, unless it came from a higher post. Ranking was a big thing to him, having been brought up as a soldier, it was pretty much drilled into him. He had to get away from her for a while, clear his mind whislt she wasn't nagging at him. So whilst on the hunt for a place to hide; though he new it would be short lived, She always found him in the end. He took up some general duties, even though he hadn't taken any on by the Herd leader, he felt it was his part to atleast help in anyway possible.

His leg wasn't really bothering him at the time being. The pain come and went at randoms intervals. But that didn't mean he could gallop around like the young boy he once was. He moved at a steady pace through the desert, keeping to the shadows where he could, Just trying to kep out of sight of anyone lurking. If one attacked him, he wasn't sure if he'd be able to take it. He moved away from the lake, due North, up towards helovia's Heart, Almost from whence Sohalia had brought him and Rasta down from the forests. He sighed gently, a mists of his breath puffed out into the brisk air, almost invisible through the sheer darkness, though the limited lights reflected of, making it somehwat visible.

Apodis just needed some him time, to gather his thoughs and focus on his life now. But that didn't mean he'd stop helping others altogether, it just meant it'd be happening a lot less often.

He was so caught up in himself that he didn't even notice the other slinking around, though to be honest they weren't exactly hiding away. ow had he let his gaurd down so much, this was not like him to be so vunerable. Stopping in his tracks, Gold eye's peered up to his encouter. "Can i help you there Miss?" he asked in a gentleman-ly tone. She didn't seem to be much of a threat, but one could never be to careful. "You are not from these parts are you? The smell of your coat tells me otherwise" He kept his distance, but also watched her with a careful eye, checking for any signs of an attack.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Kahlua]

[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Kahlua had lost herself, staring into the waters. What she was thinking about was hardly deep or relevant. She was a shallow horse with shallow thoughts. Still, being so caught up as she was, she was rather surprised when the buckskin stallion showed up in her vicinity. His voice startled here back to reality and she jerked her head from it's position resting parallel to the ground to a more high-up and alert pose. Quickly and simultaneously she turned her head toward the sound. As her icy eyes finally fell upon the stallion, she relaxed somewhat. She saw no hing of anger on his face and nothing that wound indicate she was in any danger in his voice.

As he finished speaking, the mare turned the rest of her body away from the lake to face the stallion and arched her neck slightly, to show off her admittedly thinning muscles. With little food to provide her nourishment, she was beginning to thin. If the darkness did not break soon, Kahlua thought every horse in Helovia must perish. But, if she must die, she would do so looking like a queen. “Help me? No, I don't suppose so.” She laughed brightly, the sound filling the darkness. No depression would fall upon her today, despite the conditions of the land.

“I am Kahlua, from the Edge, visiting on permission of Onni.” She dropped Onni's name, trusting that it would keep her safe. Still, just to be sure, she carried on just a moment longer. “You must be rather astute to know that I am not of these parts so quickly. The Throat is lucky to have such a tracker as you,” her face crinkling just slightly in a silent laugh. Other than her arched neck, the mare's body language would indicate nothing other than ease. She was completely unconcerned about this stallion- not because he was not intimidating but rather because she was too simple-minded to think anything else.
So, do you love me yet? It might be a little early, we just met and all, but you will. Everybody does. Or almost everybody. Nevermind about Duchanar, he's just a little stingy. And really, what's not to love? I'm absolutely fantastic so I completely understand. So go ahead, get drawn in. We'll dance together for just a moment in this silly game called life, and we'll both be happy and content until we part ways. And neither of us will be any the better for it, but we won't be worse either. We'll just have had fun, because happiness comes easy when you're this fantastic. So go ahead, love me. It'll be worth it!

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

A gentle smile pulled at darkened lips. Onni, He'd met the painted Pegasus and knew that if she knew Onni then this mare wasn't so much as a threat. His posture dropped, a little less upright, though still stayed on the alert. One could never be to careful. He chuckled lightly. "Perhaps you could say that. I guess it's easy when you've been bred for such things. Your stance also gave it away. I am no tracker however" He smiled with a nod of his cranium. Stepping forwards he pulled himself up in a more proud manor. "I am Apodis, what may I call you by?" He lips turned sly with a cocky grin plastered across his face. Though it wasn't meant to come across that way, it was just the way he smiled. Having lived with stuck up soldiers, it was something that came upon him, forever scared over dark lips.

Coffee stain nose poked into the dark sky, was it day or night? He could not tell, for the sun never rose, nor did the moon appear. He longed to feel the sunlight entwine with obsidian tendrils of the gentle curls that sprung from his neck and rump. To be able to run through chilled waters and not worry about the ice. Hos golden orbs flicked back down to the mare. "How long has these lands been cased in darkness?" He asked simply, curious as to how long this would last now, whether he had caught it at the right time or not.

He snorted gently as he shook his mane out somewhat, standing still just made the cold bite more sharply at the thick curly pelt covering his skeletal form. His breed was not known for having such a thick coat, but when you'd lived in lands far up north, you soon adapted to your habitat. Also the one other gene he carried must have been something with the thicker coat, for it wasn't just him, but his whole family that had gained such a positive thing. He wondered silently if they were still alive.

"Talk Talk Talk." @[Kahlua]
image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo

As the stallion smiled, the painted mare followed suit. Bred for such things? The mare flicked her ears so that one was forward and the other was backward in some sort of confusion. Not that she didn't understand what the words meant. It was rather that the painted mare couldn't understand being given a gift and not using it. To be born a warrior and not use the gift to try and achieve all the power and recognition one could gain... Kahlua just couldn't fathom the idea. For a moment she tried to imagine herself content to be just another mare in the herd and she almost laughed out loud at the idea. As if that would happen.

Apodis, he was a handsome stallion though she had already paid him one compliment. As he was apparently low-lying in the herd, she made little effort to carry on with flattering him. “Kahlua,” she repeated again with a laugh and tossed her head gayly. “You spent too much time thinking about how I was standing and not enough listening to me the first time!” The comment was only in jest and her tone indicated it as such. She meant no harm and she really didn't have a vicious personality. Although, if it came down to her having to choose between powerful and being nice, she would pick powerful any day.

As he lifted his head up to the nighttime sky, Kahlua settled down and watched him. As he looked back at her and spoke of the darkness she closed her eyes for a few seconds and sighed. Reflexively, her ears went half-back and she shuffled her hooves in the sand. Thinking of the darkness made her think of Onni and the demons that Onni swore were hiding in the murky lands. “Can anyone tell time in the darkness?” There was just the slightest edge to her voice, though she tried to take a couple of breaths to calm herself again. The fear was creeping back. She still didn't like it. More importantly, she still didn't know how to deal with it. “I guess I know about as well as you do...”
Yeah, we get it. It's dark outside. So what. Everybody wants to talk about it, act like it's important. Its not important. It doesn't even matter. The foods dying because the sun is gone and so we're all going to die anyways, or learn to eat bark. Whatever. So everybody just stop talking about it. Because if Onni's ghosts are real then we're going to attract them. And if they're fake you're scaring everyone for no reason. So just deal with it on your own. Everyone else is!

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

He snorted a little embrrassed. How could one have missed her name. he really was not himself. The stallion never missed on even the tinyest details. He had to focus, to not let those memories haunt him. "I am ever so sorry, Miss. Kahlua, please, forgive me" he bowed his head gently, showing more of his manours which he percieved. Though being a soldier; or having been born and created as such a thing, Did not mean politness was altogether miss placed. Infact it was strong upon him than ever.

Rib cage expanded as he took in a deep breath. "No I don't suppose one can tell such time without the rise and fall of the Moon and Sun. Or where the Star remain, scattered upon the dark night sky" yes, she was right, yet again another fail on his part. what had gotten into him. Why was such things happening to him. Was the earth mad at him for something? Had he made a fatal mistake somewhere, now paying for his inequity.

"Of course, of course. There is not way to tell such things" He really was just not right in the head anymore. Something was a miss with him. Perhaps was now the time he had to find oneself again. To right all his wrongs. Fix whtever this was. "Do tell me, where is the most pretty place of Helovia? I would like to travel, but i do not know my way around you see. Would you care to help me?" He asked gently, again not even sure where this was coming from. Maybe it was to do with this darkness.

The stag was getting so confused with himself. Not even sure who he was anymore. So much had changed in the past year. And now he was starting to dispel upon his training.

"Talk Talk Talk."
image credits
Lines by bronzehalo

The stallion's snort pulled the mare from brooding about the darkness. She didn't like it, but it was so pervasive that it was hard not to think of it. I am ever so sorry, the stallion's words made her smile and her ears lifted forward to face him. She had not meant to make him feel as though he needed to apologize and she almost felt bad. “There are no need for apologies, my friend.” Her voice was kind and her eyes bright.

For the mare's words to cause another to question themselves twice... it was almost unheard of. The mare wasn't smart enough to be called a scholar or philosopher. Perhaps the reason she was causing himself to question himself was that she had been rather blunt. Without stopping to ask herself if she should be saying what she was saying, Kahlua often ended up saying things she really shouldn't have. No harm or foul was meant, for she really did love life, she just didn't know any better.

His sudden change in conversation both surprised her and made her happy. Perhaps for a moment she could forget the darkness. Glancing back towards the distant pyre, Kahlua returned her gaze to the stallion before speaking. “I don't know, my friend. I haven't been very many places. I think my favorite has been here- there's no snow!” Her bright laughter filled the air and her eyes sparkled. “But aside from here, I think the Thistle Meadow would be pretty in the spring. I'm afraid I haven't been in Helovia very long, so I haven't been able to explore to far or wide.” She paused, considering his offer to explore. “I would be happy to explore with you, my friend. Where did you want to go?”
What is life if you're not having fun. Exploring is as good a way as any to have fun, so what the heck. It won't further my search for power, but then... neither is talking to this stallion. Work hard, play hard. Right?

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

Her laughter the sound of tinkling bells was like a disease, he caught it, not being able to help the slight chuckles resonating inside his chest. She was fun to be around and was indeed starting to cheer the buckskin boy up, somewhat. Satellites poised straight upon his cranium, twitch as he listened contently to the song that escaped her lips, almost finding himself become lost within her words. A huge smile plastered across his face when she finished her gentle song.
"Then explore we shall" he spoke with a strange manor, one of knowledge and politeness. And also that of a well trained soldier. The golden boy still had all those traits, no matter how hard he tried to forget them all. His father had done too grand a job for such things to be forgotten so easily. Perhaps he could find a way to remove those things he so desperately wanted to forget. But right now, he wanted to focus on Kahlua, the painted mare and their travels.

"So where to Mi. Lady?" He smiled with a cocky whit about it, knowing that some did not like the way he called everyone Miss or Lady. Sometimes he did such a thing just to annoy those somewhat, being his cheeky little self. "Perhaps we could head to this, Thistle Meadow, you so speak of. And maybe we will find other places on our way" His tone turned sly and slightly mischievous, he was up to something and more than likely it wasn't a good something.

He turned and began walking, not entirely sure where or which direction to go, but he hoped that she would direct him and in turn, He'd keep her safe, god forbid anyone tired to attack them. His Soldier mood was on fully loaded, senses heightened and hearing doubled tenfold, his mind cleared as the task was set a foot the two equines, setting out upon the journey of exploring.

"Talk Talk Talk."
image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo