the Rift

[OPEN] Once upon a time...

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

I knew the forest well. I had grown up here for many months, and I remember it well. The loam under my feet is almost reassuring, as the warm sands of the desert had been. Funny, how I found many of the different textures of the earth so inviting to me. Even in this foreboding darkness, the pale lantern trees along with my knowledge of the pathways made travel in the forest easy.

After all, deep in the words, it had been dark from the start.

The pallid illumination allows for me to move at a brisk trot forward, keeping my eyes open wide and my ears perked in attention. I long for the company of Bear during this night, for even as I know the woods, I fear for some giant ghost to jump around a trunk and scare me senseless. It would not be a ghost I found, though the mare might soon become one without my aid. As I round a bend, gleaming in the soft light given off by the mysterious trees, I can make out two figures. One seems old, feeble, wobbling on unsteady legs and perching against the bark of a large tree. The other is familiar, but I cannot be certain from where, as his features are obscured by the shadows of darkness and my current angle gives me no hint of his companion.

His voice, though, soon rings in my ears. A whisper at this distance, but the masculine sound reminds me of one I encountered when I was younger. I stop, capturing the raspy voice of the female that was barely audible. I figure that Lace is of no threat to me, as he never has made himself one, and this mare is likely so weak that a rough sneeze would make her topple over. Quietly I make my way over to them, grass slightly grown in patches where the bronze hooves step, awakened from their Frostfall slumber.

"Hello," I say, my voice deep despite my young age, sidling closer to the weak looking mare, but giving the stallion a welcoming nod. I did not want to reveal his name to this stranger, since I was unsure of their terms, but I hope that Lace recalls me. "I am Hototo, ma'am." As I pause a foot or so away from her, standing still yet not relaxed (I do not know this woman, after all), the grass which had long died in the winter months begins to flourish once more. The stalks shoot up between the moss, in small patches, out of the dusting of snow, stretching out in a small radius around me, reaching toward the stranger's hooves. The canopy held most of the frost at bay, but not the chill. I smile pleasantly as I can manage at her, for I am still uncomfortable around the gentler sex.

"You look famished," I say, quite honestly, glancing up at her sympathetically through pale lashes. "The grass will be sweet as spring in a few moments."

[ sorry for the wait. ^^; @[Lace] ]

Messages In This Thread
Once upon a time... - by Lace - 07-10-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Confutatis - 07-11-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Hototo - 07-18-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Lace - 07-23-2013, 11:53 AM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Tandavi - 07-26-2013, 03:13 AM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Confutatis - 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Hototo - 08-20-2013, 06:17 PM