the Rift

Reduced to memories

Leovan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

In the midst of motion a dulcet voice reached my hearing, but naught greeted me than the tenebrous obscurity as I had left the flickering light of the orb behind. Welcome to Helovia. My ears swiveled as I came to hasty standstill, the left ear to the best of its ability considering my, what should I call it? Distortion? My skin; obsidian of color, was parched at the edges, looking somewhat like the leathery, webbed wings of a browned bat where the winter spirits had put their bile touch a long time past. A silhouette became apparent in my line of vision as it tread closer, vaguely lit by the earthen sea foam draping. It took a while for me to connect the pieces, for me to even realize that it was referring to our ambiance. I’m Lena of the Basin. Who are you, traveler? I stood inert, squinting at the sculpture before me with great skepticism mirrored in my gaze. Little could be seen of whomever I was about to address as their coat merged with the atramentous environ. “Greetings comrade.” I began, the baritone hum of my voice reflecting my massive frame. “I am Leovan of the Endless Ocean.” My speech was unintentionally drenched in the deep cynicism of my subliminal self, and in fear of sounding insolent I suppressed the urge of indulging in further inquiries, passing the baton of courteous formalities.

Messages In This Thread
Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-12-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-13-2013, 06:53 AM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-14-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-15-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Leovan - 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: Reduced to memories - by Lena - 07-16-2013, 07:42 AM