the Rift

Beyond the Looking glass

Escaflowne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'm always looking, searching for something more,

But when I saw you, suddenly there was no more to look at

"I don't-"I stopped while I was ahead, pulling back the words so eager to tumble out. I didn't know this man, his big-winged brute, like Brutus, and whether he would hurt me or not. Even though I think I knew he wouldn't, seeing as he hadn't yet, I still quaked lightly. Small tremors that rocked out from my core, even the vague lighting that now made my coat glow could not fight off the fear that tickled behind my ears. The duo-tone of his fur caught my eye once more as I let my gaze wander over him, it was so unusual and just out of this world. None of the horses I had seen since my time alive looked like him, we were all solid, dull colors that reflected either moon or sun. Was he born here maybe? In this cold place where snow touched everything and the light was chased away by deep shadows. My fears were translated just as easily into a wary curiosity, taking a hesitant step forward. "Do you always look this way, this- two-fur?" I leaned forward a bit, stretching out my nose as close as I dared, sniffing.

Milly had been gone for two days now, she and Brutus just disappeared, along with a few other colts and fillies. Barton, Vertisha, Simba... That was surprising because Simba never wandered anywhere. He was a momma's boy or that's what the others called him, they called me something similar I think. That doesn't explain where they went though, I'm confused and mad that Milly didn't let me in on the secret. Mother and the other adults are panicking, always looking and I'm starting to wonder if I was being tricked. Or maybe... Something really was wrong.

Something colder than the dark cold came to my back, making the hairs on my spine prickle, I gasped. The bad-dark was here. Suddenly it was raining down on us, everywhere, covering everything in sight. White fingers of pain that soaked into my muscles and made my light quaking a violent tremble. I cast my face up to the stallion "Why aren't you running? We must go! We have to go or we'll never wake up!" Panic blossomed in my chest.

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-13-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-15-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-25-2013, 09:29 PM