the Rift

Beyond the Looking glass

Escaflowne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Escaflowne
I'm always searching for something more.

(I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer in that last post! But it was supposed to have started snowing ha ha ^^;; Sorry!)

He was so calm, collected, although not without small glances to the side. Did he see it? Was he working with the bad-dark? No, he was not like us, me. He didn't panic like everyone else did, even as the small white specks touched his two-toned back. His sudden change of faces was due to my own outburst of fear, but I liked to think it's because he realized the danger. The bad-dark was terrifying, it was everywhere, killing everything. Though nature seemed capable of standing up to it just fine, I remember-- I remember watching as my kin fell. Mother panicked, struggling to make away from the madness, cold wind in my face, Mother's wings churning furiously around me. "You don't see it? Look!" I twisted to the side, kicking my right hoof out to dash at the withering white-stuff. I even did a small circle, smashing the flakes with my nose and thrusting the moisture toward him.

"Why aren't you afraid?" I stopped then, still as could be, watching him with gold eyes. He was tall and I had to bend my neck back to look up at him, whimpering softly as nostalgia washed over my nerves. Mother please come back... I was making a noise, small whuffles of uncertainty as I paced. I hadn't even realized I was moving, snow bunching up around my ankles and making it difficult.

I remember running, fast, hard, my lungs tight and over-used. But Mother had taken me somewhere to the other side of our place and gone off with the other adults, leaving me alone. But it wasn't long after she left that I realized that I knew where Milly and the others were, so did Armandi, a red girl a year older than me. She was with me now, a few steps ahead of me as I stretched myself trying to keep up. I was fast, I wanted to be the first one to find Milly! She was my friend. But when Armandi spread her wings I slowed, coming to a stop as the older pegasus made a strained take-off. Her wings were so long, so big, and it reminded me that mine were not. They were small, insignificant and useless, too small for my age. Some liked to call me a runt, whatever that was.
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-12-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-12-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-13-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-14-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-14-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Escaflowne - 07-15-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: Beyond the Looking glass - by Midas - 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM