the Rift

When Darkness Turns To Light (The Valkyries)

Socio Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SOCIO

Ok, what the hell have I walked myself into this time? Sure it wasn't some beast threatening to rip me limb from limb, but this was just absurd. I mean, seriously what kind of place has no sky? Oh, and what's with these weird 'mystical' leaves... They sure are creepy, but at least they give off some light for me to see where I'm putting my hooves. 

Shaking my crystal adorned head, I gave a snort of displeasure. How anyone could stand to live in such an inconvenient condition was beyond my comprehension. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of my kind have up and fled from this terrible place leaving behind some very grotesque monsters in the process to just go off and wreak havoc on whom ever might be crazy enough to enter this dastardly realm since their departure. Ones probably stalking me right this very moment, contemplating how to go about my death and consumption. Blowing air into the confounds of my inner cheeks I began to moll over that very disappointing thought. While blowing the oxygen from my mouth I began to lift my muzzle up in order to scent the gloomy atmosphere which surrounded me, tendrils of multicolored mane fell back along my frosted neck as my ears swiveled about in search for some sort of noise that one in range might be making. 

After a few minutes of stomping around like a complete idiot with my alabaster cranium stuck awkwardly into the air high above my narrow dappled back, I finally gave up search for something rancid running about after me. Grunting, I allowed my crystal protruding skull to fall from its hights and land in a defeated slump with an annoyed look plastering my facials. Apparently, I'd just wasted precious time chasing after ghouls that clearly just did not exist. Who am I kidding, the wild animals have probably abandoned this realm along with all the others that had a mind of right and wrong. I guess I'm just one of those misfortunate 'gals with a mentality probably, but it's worked for me well enough throughout these last couple of months of being out on my own. Which reminds me, this little incident is quite like that situation I entered back before I left my homelands... Ehhh no time for memory recollection today (or night), I've gotta find my way out of this place!

Catalina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Catalina

Cold, dank and dark, mildew now laced the wilted pine forest where Helovia’s cusp lay sprawled; a sticky web, waiting to snare an unsuspecting traveller and flare their confusion; trap them in labyrinth corridors of a vast endless night. The putrid stench of decay clung to the air where sunlight had not withered the mould, nor dried the damp for what should have been many moons. Only pure darkness shed through the spindly, suffocating trees though, eerie and deathly silent while cunning creatures who thrived through the midnight hour, stirred.

Catalina was unafraid, guided by lantern leaves as she negotiated the worn paths throughout the Threshold. Between the fools and their waylaid quarry she stepped with indifference, unmoved by the tales of victims who sought to renew their futile existence in an unforgiving world. Hers was a quest beyond the thrum of desperate hearts and crippling romance; where testosterone spread like toxic gas, claiming the weak and lonely. She sought out only a particular kind; a shrewd and somewhat static spirit, who did not fold to the temptation of sly emotion.

Careful eyes tinged with summer blue roved between those who gathered by the glowing trees, and paused quietly on a creature who stood quite apart from the drunken mass that reeled in a wild sea of rumour and uncertainty. Upon her face were two ornaments which glistened as the soft illumination of warm magical light was trapped in their middle. Appropriately, the crystal horned mare was clothed in ice-grey; a slim mix of the feminine glamour Catalina was searching for.

The stranger’s face fell from the grim sky, and the soft rumble of eloquence slipped by the painted filly’s lips- a test perhaps; bait. “Do you wait for someone in particular, friend?

IMAGE CREDITS