[PRIVATE] Realisations

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

I flew through darkness, shadow. There was nothing to light the sky, and the world seemed flipped upside down, with the stars dotting the earth instead of the heavens above. The glowing trees which had sprouted. I still did not know the exact purpose of the trees, but I knew the trails illuminated were the common travels of equines below.

The skies were left unmarked, but my experince told me that I was heading steadily north, toward the World's Edge where Mirage would surely be waiting for me, or, at least, I hoped. Through thick and thin times, the Dragonheart had long stood by my side. When the world faced us with adversity, we met it with surely, stolid determination and the hearts of friends. Few are those who run deep as blood; Mirage was more my family than many who shared my own blood, and I would trust that bond we shared. Some may claim circumstance forced us to remain tied, but I feel that even if we were both stripped of our titles and our homes, we would remain together. I pray that I will never have to test my theory.

The whistle of feathers in the still air is what would greet the dimly twinkling forest below. The air felt dead, reft of any wind that would normally accompany me, yet the push and pull of my wings would never falter. I began to descend, my figure reach soft circles as I scan for a small clearing upon which to land. Forests are always a pain in the ass to visit - too many trees, not enough landing strips. I had become accustomed to traveling closer toward the cliffs of the land, but in this night, I was uncertain where the forest truly ended and the sea began. It would be safer to search in the soft light for a break in the branches.

I slow my pace, an unusual style for one such as myself. I was all about daring swoops and landings, but I could not risk my health in these times. My hooves come to the earth with a gentle thud. It was then I heard the leather of wings. The glint of gold in a world of misty silver stars. The World's Edge was strangely beautiful in this unnatural light. I learned where the constellations that normally bedecked the skies had gone - home.

I began to move swiftly in the direction of gold, hoping my eyes did not fail me. "Mirage," I call, tentatively, in the shadows of the night. The shadow mare, plucked out of the stars, was like a thin silhouette. I smile, my old friend. "I have heard of the troubles which befell your home," I begin, thinking of Solstice and Torasin, the names of the fallen Valentine passed to me. "I am sorry to hear of such a loss."

"A dwindling in the Throat has begun, unfortunately. Several have not returned home for many months. I grow nervous that the Basin is preparing something for us, or planning to slowly choke us of our members," my voice is calm, despite the troubling words I deliver. "Mauja has never been my friend, and I have been a pain in Psyche's ass several times."

"I fear for my family in this eerie night."

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Realisations - by Mirage - 07-13-2013, 02:38 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Realisations - by Mirage - 07-15-2013, 05:23 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Realisations - by Mirage - 07-28-2013, 05:18 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Realisations - by Mirage - 07-29-2013, 07:00 AM