the Rift

[PRIVATE] Realisations

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
She was distracted, disjointed, her mind was frazzled. The weight of this realisation seemed to disrupt all other thought patterns, all sense of co-ordinated action.

It was him, Akaith. The FrostHeart. The Ice King. He killed Torasin.
Yes.
I want him dead, Akaith. More than anything, I yearn for his death.
No, you don't.
I do!
No. You want him to suffer. To feel that which you are feeling.
But how?
We will find a way.

It was then that the dragon felt, more than heard, the wingbeats that announced the arrival of a pegasus - the pale outline of a blonde mane and tail combined with the hint of blue caught in eyes of the maiden, suggested that said pegasus was familiar - Kri. Upon this recognition, a huge exhale seemed to spill forth from the dark mare's lips, as a breath she did not even realise she was holding seemed to finally release, stresses seemed lighter to bear. Her friend, her loyal companion all though years ago in the wilds, the Resolute one alongside whom she had not only aided in gaining the Throat as a home but the very grounds she stood upon. It was too long since she had visited the southern borders of her friend's home, and the darkness had forced her to hide with her mate and daughters more often then not of late.

"Kri," her voice spoke with the relief she felt lining her tones, her svelte ears leaning forward eagerly to listen to her words, even as her bodice regained some semblance of co-ordination and brought her shadowy form closer to the chocolate one.

"The identity of both murderers is now known, though it has only just, belatedly, arrived to me. Torasin was killed by a weapon that had melted away, though a calling card was left behind - I did not see it at first, I was blind in my grief. Mauja is Torasin's murderer. And D'Artagnan is Solstice's. There is little doubt in my mind that the Basin is behind the decline in numbers we are feeling too." Adopting a similarly grim, but calm tone as her sister in herd responsibility and life, the DragonHeart did not hesitate to launch into the guts of the situation, slicing it open with her direct and forthright language, done away with the colourful lyrics and puzzling riddles.

"The time has come to prove to them that we are not put here for them to torture as they please. The time has come to give them a taste of their own medicine. There is a reward on Mauja's horn, intact or not." It was as violent as the little shadowmare ever got, but when considering the circumstances, she was taking a leaf out of Lace's book. They would not wage a war, but they would certainly do everything in their power to convince the Northerners that they best stay in their icy abode, and stop intruding upon the peaceable lands claimed by Mirage and Kri as their homes.

"Fear not, Kri, for as long as we live, we know that they have not won." Taking another step closer, the DragonHeart breathed, a deep sigh filling her ribs, the scent of sand and a fire that burned eternally onwards in the distance dancing along her nares, she touched her velvet maw against her friend's nape as she exhaled. "I am sorry I have been less than present by your side recently. My wings have been taken from me during this abysmal turn of events, and I have been greedy in keeping my warriors and family within my own borders. When the Gods return.. If they return.. We should look into a device that might allow us more effective communication over distances. I miss your company, but I would trust no other to lead a herd separate yet closely allied with my own."
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
Realisations - by Mirage - 07-13-2013, 02:38 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: Realisations - by Mirage - 07-15-2013, 05:23 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
RE: Realisations - by Mirage - 07-28-2013, 05:18 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Realisations - by Mirage - 07-29-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Realisations - by Kri - 07-29-2013, 06:58 PM