the Rift

[PRIVATE] a dark world aches for a splash of the sun

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
sumati
This dark held no promise of leaving.

It sifted as rays from the dimming oasis fell away from the dunes, the cold settling in mourned the brilliant fires out of reach. Cold ebbed out on my skin as I thrust into the darkness of my world, facing the herd I must protect from the absence of entity. I hoped that the Gods left them with some sense of direction, remembering the Resolute's fateful flight to the DragonHeart's Edge. I was left to wade through the formidable night, searching for bodies that missed the eruption of firelight in the oasis and keep my sister's safety in warm, gilded thoughts. The chinook she conjured would surely guide her safely, but it was an instinct to worry. I worried that if she would not return, I would have to rely on Mirage myself to keep her ties. I feared Dragoness preference the hot-headed Commander over my own cunning sleuth; I found it quite hard to trust the dark mare's mystery. Admittedly, they were a more predictable ally than what lay over the mountains of the Foothills. As sincere as the Grey's sisterhood seem, the vagueness of it captured my thoughts in fog. As Chancellor my duties to the outside were limited, and limited I will not be.

Oasis light cast red lines over each mountainous dune as a shadow of myself strew out before me. The night poured into my hands just as soon as Kri lept into the skies. Hector remained my right hand in this and we'd need to regroup as the sand be scanned. It would be likely that one of our citizens were lost to themselves out here as if the God of the Sun himself blinded them purposely to the enormous glow in the direction of the oasis. I shook my feathers, wishing they'd catch on a plume of wind. Somehow this felt unnecessary.

I halted, scanning the vast blackness that emptied surely out into the sea. An ear flicked back as if to catch the noise of a lost, hopeless before I poured my words out into the night. "Wayward citizens of the Throat, find light in my direction!"

[This is after the herd meeting? If you want it later, I can change my post.]
credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: a dark world aches for a splash of the sun - by Sumati - 07-13-2013, 05:53 PM