the Rift

[OPEN] Eroding Creature.

Murder Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The darkness engulfed him. It felt as if Murder had been devoured by the most sinister of demons and was blindly traversing through its wretched belly searching for a way out. There was a dread twisting in Murder’s own gut that he’d never experienced before. Had the Time God smited him to forever live in a Cimmerian world? Murder had been forced to witness three of his brethren slaughtered by the wicked divinity; perhaps the God’s ultimate castigation was to take Murder’s sight so he could only abide in the torment of those images.

He could still smell their chard flesh.

There was no joy left for the elder behemoth. Murder could find no cause to continue on. Yet Murder was craven and taking his own life he was simply not capable of. As he staggered through the foliage Murder surreptitiously yearned he would find his demise in the gloom surrounding him. Perhaps he would stumble and break one of his limbs, becoming a feast for the predators he was sure were zealously waiting in the vicinity. Perhaps he would merely meander off a steep precipice permitting his mangled cadaver to decorate the quarry below. Murder wasn’t fastidious of how it would happen he just desired for his departure to transpire hastily and soon. He didn’t want to endure the despair any longer. His existence had become a malicious jest by the God’s and he didn’t want to see their dark punch line.

As Murder persisted in his aimless voyage he could sense the trees around him begin to thin out and the terrain start to flatten beneath his cloven pistons. The temperature, he now detected, had gradually been growing more frigid from its already frostfall chill in the Foothills. Murder recognized he was roaming north towards the Aurora Basin, the domain created by the God of Time. A datum Murder had always found curious seeing as the only creatures he'd ever observed travel this far north were adorned with a horn causing him to assume they were slightly prejudice in this region. Yet seeing as the Time God possessed wings highly interested Murder, it was contrary to his conclusion. It would ever boggle Murder’s mind how hypocritical this world was. Murder halted, considering if it was sensible to sustain this path with the discord he’d recently been in with the God. It was then that he saw the glow. Narrowing his vermillion chasms Murder stared intently at the aurous speck with astonishment. If he could see that than he was not blind. Murder’s heart began to thump rapidly in his chest as a hundred contemplations inundated his dome, of which queries occupied most. Questions Murder knew would only be answered if he investigated the enigmatic light.

Unhurriedly Murder began to travel onward yet again. It was still too obscure for Murder to discern anything around him, save the citrine luster, yet he could hear the palliative lapping of waves against beach and the smell of salt consumed his nares. Murder identified that the ocean was near; perhaps that luminescence was guiding him towards it. As Murder trekked closer he beheld the fog parting to reveal more radiance, though quite spread out from one another, and what appeared to be, more or less, a road amid them. Though it was still too dim for Murder to be certain. His audits were drawn back upon his skull as he strode onto the pathway, regarding each direction inquisitively. Rotating back to gaze towards the route he presumed would take him to the Basin Murder moved off, not entirely sure if he was truly going to venture into the bigoted province or merely pass it by. Yet he felt like another adventure, this one conceivably more perilous than the preceding escapade, and perchance the residents of the territory could assist Murder by putting him out of his misery.

One can only dream.

{ ooc: Open to anyone :D }

image credits

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizand

I pity the poor souls who are left in a colourless world with the disappearance of the sun. It had been during the night that I had arrived in this land, and yet it was not until the sun did not rise the following morning that I realized that an endless darkness had taken hold of the land. Most were forced to see the world in shades of grey; their colours were gone, and they were left in a landscape devoid of saturation. I, however, am not cursed by this retched blackness, for my colours are derived from the sounds around me. A rainbow of flourescence at any time of day or night, a primatic array of colour that will be visible to me from now until my dying day. My colours are my constant companions, my solace, with me regardless of my own sight or lack thereof; and so as we traverse through this snowy terrain, I am accompanied not only by Jasper, but also by my chromatisms.

My auds flicker constantly, focusing first on one thing and then another, and then another, drawing an image full of hues and shades and tints across my line of sight. The dull brown of hoofbeats plods methodically across my vision, though with it now is an icy teal, the colour of crunching snow. The swish of Jasper's tail across his hocks glows a dim yellow - not the golden gleam of the sun or the tan shimmer of sand, mind you, but a dull, dark, murky sort of yellow. That is what defines Jasper, in my mind, you see, just as Seele's orange-red is her print on the canvas that is locked away in my memory. It is difficult, at times, to discern detail through the onslaught of colour on my retinas, but I never forget a colour. And I have never met a matching pair.

A pathway lies before us as we traipse through the bitter, cold blackness, searching for any that might join our band. I do not like leaving my half-sister, but I know that I must earn her trust somehow. Should she die without me fighting for her life, I will be left with an unpaid debt, and that simply will not do. I do not care for her in the way you might think - I do not love her in the way that family so often does - but I have an almost obsessive need to repay her for the wrongs I have done. If I can earn her approval, if I can keep her safe, then I will in a way absolve myself of my sins. I never wanted to kill, never took to it as she did, and for a time I resented her for gaining Schwere's affections above myself. I have come to realize in the time since the incident, as I prefer to call it, that it is not wrong to refuse murder, it is simply not a part of my being as it is Seele's, as it was Schwere's. I shall heal, and she shall kill; and so we are two halves of a whole.

A figure catches my eye, and though I am sure that Jasper has taken note of it as well, I offer a simple, "There," and a toss of my head in the general direction of the shadow. It is closer than I would like, but with the skies dark and the moon absent it would seem that we must adapt. Trotting forward, for Seele had placed me in charge of this particular expedition (or at least, that was how I had taken her words), I found myself quite close to the stallion (as I now knew he was) quite quickly. And so another set of hoofbeats plastered brown across my vision. "Well, hello there," I say sweetly, too sweetly, for I know how this game is played. A cool smile has plastered itself on my face, though my pupiless, violet eyes remain stoicly neutral. I am not afraid or the steed, for I was taught to fight as well as Seele, though she relishes it more than I; I am simply afraid of failure, and that only sparingly. "Surely a lone stallion would enjoy some company way up here in the northlands." Again, my vocals are almost poisonous, and I realize that I remind myself of Seele. Perhaps we are more alike that I had originally thought.

"Talk talk talk."

W/C :: 742
Tag :: @[Jasper]

Jasper Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My hooves reached for the ice ground as I walked through the cold north. I had traveled through the lands from the sloppy Marsh all the way up to the freezing Arch. I couldn't really say if I liked traveling or not but I had to come on this adventure, for Seele had order for me to protect the older mare that traveled not to far behind me. My tail whipped against my hocks as I continued to walk on further into the northern land. My dark chocolates orbs traced to the back of my head, looking back at Reizend, her blue and white coat standing out against the darkness. I smirked and walked on forward, not knowing where I was heading.

I blinked for a couple of moments before the mare took off after the blue roan stallion that stood beyond us. My dome shook and I chased after her, hoping he wouldn't turn and tear her to pieces because Seele would not be pleased with me at all. I stopped beside Reizend's figure and watched the stallions actions, waiting for any muscles that would flick toward the two. "Greetings." I spoke toward the roan and smirked, throwing my head up in the air. I wasn't much to be interactive with the stallions, because that's how my blood began to boil.

I had to face my problems though, I had to get it over with. I didn't want to be a bloody beast for the rest of my life. That's not what Asher would want me to do, and I wasn't gonna let him down. I was get rid of all my fears, I wasn't going to let the myself be taken over, I wanted my own life back. I didn't like taking the lives of innocent creatures away from them, that was what was happening to me.
sedma.deviantart.com

@[Reizend] @[Murder]