the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Revenge || Psyche

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

The light-trees seemed to provide more illumination than they had the day before, though perhaps that was only a matter of perception. As the night carried on, it almost seemed as though it weren't so dark, and the shadow-mare found herself wondering if they would all be blind when the sun returned. If the sun returned. As the days passed, it seemed less and less likely, but with that realization, the Empress grew more and more comfortable. She had been born of the night, after all, and as the hours, days, weeks, even, passed with no more trouble than the occasional, accidental intruder, she found less and less about the darkness to fear. The glow of the nearest tree reflected off the snow that crunched softly beneath her hooves. Perhaps it was lighter here than anywhere else in the land, for they had reflected light to see by.

A call caught her attention, and she halted, her form a dark statue surrounded by the ivory of the snow. Auds pricked towards the borders, a mild surprise flickering briefly in her mind. Who was mad enough to traverse the Steppe during the endless night? It would be cold there, colder even than in the Basin, for there was no sun to provide warmth. She supposed that this particular part of the night had been a tad warmer, as the wind had died down, but even so, she found herself impressed with a newcomer that she had yet to even lay eyes on.

Ice broke softly beneath her blurring pistons as she approached the borders. She was glad that she had lived in her land for almost a full year when the night began, for she had been given plenty of time to learn every rock, every tree, and she arrived at the pass in good time, travelling through the darkness at the edges of the glow-trees' eerie luminescence. She took stock of the form that had paused at the edge of her land and, noting the horn upon his brow, called her own greeting. "Well, hello, darling. You're quite brave to wander through the Steppe during these odd times, aren't you?" A smile graced her maw, though it was rather a disturbing sight, what with the shadows and all, and she continued. "Do walk with me, won't you? And tell me - what brings you to my land."

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Revenge || Psyche - by Tonka - 07-14-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: Sweet Revenge || Psyche - by Psyche - 07-14-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Sweet Revenge || Psyche - by Tonka - 07-16-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: Sweet Revenge || Psyche - by Official - 07-21-2013, 07:25 PM