the Rift

[OPEN] » an eager welcome [open]

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Black sky; was it endless night, or a curse that has been cast over this new land? How should I know? I've been here for a few days, approximately any how. The enormous leap in light change from home to here was completely throwing my body off, making me sleepy randomly through out the day due to not even knowing when I really should be sleeping and when I should not. Lethargy had set in once I started toward my new home at the swamps that were nearly devoured by dead trees. I followed a witty golden mare with bright red hair named Eris; she had quite the tongue, and I enjoyed it.

The snow fall here was rather irritating due to the large amount of frozen layers that covered everything. It even smelled so different here, everything smelled... cold. Back home it was always warm and muggy, making it hard for a lot of our warriors to keep weight during training. Well.. my old home, and their warriors. My father would be proud to know I had such heart ache at the thought of home. Cruel bastard, but how I missed seeing him every day, and it had only been about two weeks since I left my beloved herd.

I moved aimlessly through the darkness, on a solo adventure through this new land, Helovia. My long, stringy tail wisped across the ground, collecting small amounts of snow along with it that latched onto the fibers of my hair. Ears rotated around seeking any certain sounds, buffed out conversation, or the forewarning of a predator's call. Instead I caught muffled whines.. and the faint sound of, cracking? A squeal followed closely behind a sharp snapping sound, causing my body to jolt at the sound. Thoughts and images of what could be going on surged through my brain, driving me to find the source of the sound.

Dark hooves dug at the powdery earth, propelling me forward toward the sound. Weaving and bobbing between and around a few obstacles slowed me down, but I wanted to badly to see what was happening. Water, it smelled so cold, why was it not frozen? The cracking! It was the layer of ice over the water, it had to be. Purple gaze flicked back and forth in search of the action, only to find a body laying not too far away from the icy cage. My body geared back to a walk from a canter, all interest flying away as I found the winged mare sitting in silence on the bank.

Calmly, I approached the now visibly soaked female, my eyes pulling back and forth from the hole in the thin layer of ice back to the mare. "Now," I paused my sentence, stopping just before the mare and dropping my long face down to blow my hot breath toward her undoubtedly freezing muzzle. "Why would you walk on something as unstable as that?" I lifted my head back up, staring down at the trembling female with emotionless eyes.

"Speak." Walk walk
AgronA
All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
» an eager welcome [open] - by Irrydae - 07-15-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: » an eager welcome [open] - by Agrona - 07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: » an eager welcome [open] - by Andromeda - 07-18-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: » an eager welcome [open] - by Irrydae - 07-27-2013, 01:11 AM
RE: » an eager welcome [open] - by Alleo - 08-06-2013, 11:03 PM