the Rift

[OPEN] !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

She recognizes me as I call her name, and I am pleased by the smile that forms on her maw. I grin in return, relieved, and though she cannot see me I am sure that she will note my reaction. Thus far I have been amazed at what she can "see," and I cannot imagine that this will be any different. She is quite incredible, and I wish I knew more of her history, for I have an almost instinctual feeling and she and I could be quite good friends. If I weren't so completely in awe of her, that is. Her nose bumps my shoulder beneath the wing joint; the appendage is folded out of her way, so it is not difficult for her to do so. I return the gesture, brushing my own maw against the base of her nape, which is as far as I can reach from my current location. "It is," I say in response to her inquiry. Good, so she did know me!

"I will probably retain the 'Miss,' if it is not a bother," I add sheepishly. "It is a force of habit, and such things are very difficult to quit, wouldn't you say?" It is half a joke, and though I do not laugh, a soft smile remains on my face. I suppose that if it really bothers her, I will make an effort to stop, but I cannot imagine addressing her in any other way. She is just so... wise, and intimidating, and strong, and everything I want to be in life. What else does one call one's role model other than miss? Furthermore, she knows that I am not particularly happy, though we have known each other only a short time, and I am reminded of my friendship with Rowan, and of my friendship with Phaedra, both of whom read me remarkably well - and that's with sight. Dare I hope that Rasta and I will develop a similar relationship?

"I am... worried," I admit, though the word hardly seems to do my thoughts justice. "This wall... it's my responsibility. The God of the Sun gifted me with a wondrous ability to weld metal, but since the endless night came, I can't. It's just... gone. All of my magic, as if it were never there." I frown. "I didn't know how reliant I was on it until it wasn't there. And how am I supposed to contribute to the herd without being able to do this? How am I supposed to protect my family?" I think of Zenobia, my precious daughter. I think of Skysong, the rogue child I have already lost. I think of Diniel, dead before she began to live. I think of Gaucho, though I hardly think I can count him as family - but I see him as such all the same.

I should not burden her with my problems, but she has a way of instilling calm and trust in me. I feel as though I have known her for years rather than days, and again I wonder if I might call her a friend as I do the others. Again I wonder if I am not more a nuisance than anything to her. She did not seek me out on purpose; it was I that approached her. She asked if I was alright, but perhaps it was only being polite. What if I merely annoyed her? What if she would rather be elsewhere? The thoughts swirl around my mind, and I wonder when I became so insecure. Surely it was after Note left; surely it was a result of the various rejections I have suffered through in only the past year. Surely I was not always this way - was I?

"Talk talk talk."
@[Rasta]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 07-21-2013, 10:44 PM