the Rift

[OPEN] !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I can understand her rationale for not wanting me to continue to call her 'miss'. Of course, it helps that she understands why it is necessary for me to do so - doesn't she? I do hope that she does, for I would very much like her to know how much I value her companionship. She reminds me of Mother, in a way, though they are vastly different in both appearance and persona. But they both make me feel safe - loved, even - and for that I am more grateful than I can possibly explain.

But our conversation has moved on, and I find that I do not wish to draw more attention to that which seems to be of little importance. My misery has me wrapped within its clutches now, a dark little spiral with no end in sight. A gentle tug on my nape pulls me to the present, however, and I look up into the kind eyes of Rasta. The clang of hoof on metal makes me start, and I jerk my head up and away, searching for the danger; it is only after I realize that Rasta is to blame that I settle sheepishly and listen. She has caught my attention, and continues to do so throughout her speech. Weak spots? Where? Vibrations? How? What?

I gape at her for a moment before gathering my wits. I am strong, she has just reassured me of that, and surely I can grasp what she is trying to tell me, for I am neither weak nor stupid. "I... you can feel the weak spots?" I venture. "Could you tell me where, when the sun returns?" That, of course, is my first concern, as the wall is to be our protection. It cannot be made poorly or weakly, though I find myself blaming those crafters who came before me. Recognizing the emotion, I quickly squash it, for how is it fair to blame those before for what may very well be my mistakes?

As for the vibrations: "I have never thought to feel the world around me, Miss Rasta," I admit, again sheepishly. "But I would gladly learn what you have to teach." I want to learn, for I feel it will assist me in building my wall, in sheltering my family. I need to know, for it will give me something to do. "If it's not too much trouble, of course," I add, with a slight smile.

"Talk talk talk."
@[Rasta]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 08-15-2013, 07:58 PM