the Rift

[OPEN] !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

It has been so long, it seems, since I have had something to occupy my attention. No, that is not true - Zenobia holds my heart in her dainty little hooves, and she gives me plenty to do. But it is not the same, not when I long to offer something more, something substantial to my family. I could not keep Note; I could not keep Skysong; I will not keep Gaucho. But Zenobia, perhaps, I can hold, I can help, I can love, for it would seem that no one else will have me. Perhaps she, too, will grow out of my affections one day, as her successors had before her, but a mother can hope for the everlasting adoration of her children. So it has been since the beginning of time.

It is my daughter who interrupts us now, who pulls my fascinated (though horribly rude) stare from Rasta, a feat for which I find myself immensely grateful. I nicker my own greeting as the young, spindly-legged flicka gallivanted her way towards us, my wings stretching out protectively out of reflex, as though to gather and shelter her from harm. I take a step towards her - and then she stumbles, tumbling head over heels to a stop at our feet. I hide a chuckle behind a wing, so used to motherhood by now that I do not fear for her well-being. Children, I have noticed, are remarkably hardy little things. It is only as we grow older and become aware of the dangers surrounding us that we break and fall to pieces. I admire the tenacity and bravery of the younglings, for I wish that I could have my own fearlessness back. It would do me a great deal of good in these troubled times.

"Come, darling," I croon, my vocals betraying just how smitten I was with my daughter. "Say hello to Miss Rasta." A gentle smile alights on my maw, and with the wing closest to Zenobia still outstretched, I return my attention to Rasta. She begins to explain her power - for that is how I think of it, being unused to such a 'sixth sense,' if you will - and I again find myself fascinated by her descriptions. She is blind, and yet she sees better than those of us who retain our vision. Clarity is something that I have found myself lacking so very often, particularly in my areas of courtship; though I doubt feeling the vibrations of the world will guard against my own stupidity, her teachings will no doubt give me something else to focus on.

I close my eyes as she continues to instruct me, one aud flicking to my daughter so that I might keep a metaphorical eye on her. Rasta stomps; I hear it, clear as day, as my other ear has remained eagerly trained on her. But try as I might, I do not feel anything save the swish of my own tail against my legs, driving away a few flies. I open my eyes and train my gaze bashfully on the ground, shifting my weight uncomfortably before I gaze at Rasta through my lowered lashes. "I'm sorry," I say sheepishly. "I didn't feel a thing."

"Talk talk talk."
@[Rasta]
@[Zenobia]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! High Hopes in Velvet Ropes [Sohalia] - by Sohalia - 09-27-2013, 12:26 AM