the Rift

[OPEN] Escapist

Saga Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Saga
In the dark you tell me of a flower
that only blooms in the violet hour

Saga was uncertain about starting over somewhere new. Yet, here she was after having followed Mauja from the threshold. She had left behind a lover and bother. Her lover had probably moved on by now, thinking she was dead. How could she blame him really? She had started this quest for her sister naively. Her life before had been so complacent. Chances are she would be bonded with her lover and have given birth to several foals. So perhaps she had escaped a life of boredom and monotony. Her violet eyes squinted to see in the limited light. All she could see was more snow and more winding path.

Sigh. This place is so strange. Why have the lights flickered out? Why has this place....this land been encompassed in such darkness. Was is some great evil that veiled this land? Possible, she thought to herself. It would not be surprising with the way lady luck was being fickle with her. She slowed her pace as she noticed the temperature change and the sound of bubbling water wafted to her ears, piercing the silence. That must be the hot springs her inviting host had spoken of. Cautiously she crept closure. Her predatory gaze searching the black void beyond the reach of the lamp trees. She paused briefly before easing herself knee deep into the hot springs.

Ahhh.

It was instant relief from the cold that had seeped into her bones. It warmed her very core. She was so tired of being cold and the fact that the day star has decided to lay down in it's war against the moon did not help the situation. However, aside from the cold factor, Saga preferred the cover that the night often offered to the restless. It did not take long for her stomach to remind her of how hunger it was. It grumbled loudly and was closely followed by a gnawing sensation. She scanned the ground in front of her, noticing that the grass was green and snow was melted due to the heat from the hot spring. She lowered her head and tugged at the grass. It hit her stomach like a stone being thrown into a lake.

Saga may have appeared distracted, her lobes stayed pricked and constantly swiveled about on top her head like a satellite. She was in constant vigilance in a land she did not feel completely at home in.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Gnarled, chipped black hooves kicked at the now thin layer of powder snow out of boredom, lifeless red eyes watching the flakes swirl away from the motion and land lazily centimeters away. You have reached your destination one of them quacked in my skull, transforming their voice to mimic that of a metallic sci-fi character. A grin cracked and split across my dry lips, only pulling the corners of each side up a tad bit; enough to change my facial expression. Smells danced around in the back of my throat that I felt that I should remember; I have been gone from home for far too long.

The relaxing bubble of the wide spring was very inviting all though the sound of some one sliding into the water turned me off from the idea right then and there. I continued standing, staring off toward the spring. Two of those curious glowing trees stood in the place that I had remembered there being dead, twig-like trees being before; now one was a rather large butted evergreen, glowing an iridescent navy blue, and the other was much smaller, and alpine perhaps, skinny as skinny a tree could get, radiating off an orange color.

A bay figure, dotted with small darker regions through out her warm toned hide, slid into the water, stopping at each black knee. Seeing her average body coloring would have been some what of a shock to me if I had met her a couple months ago; it seemed that every where I went there was some magical douche bag cloaked in a pompous rag in order to stand out. And you're not a douche bag for having a red face? That's beside the point, thank you.

Lazily I picked up each hard hoof from the snow lathed earth, making my way toward the slender female without much care if I was making noise -which I surely was, dragging my back feet and all- on my way over. "Be careful," I cooed in a sultry voice "there may be monsters in there." I let my red eyes take in the nameless mare's body, my brain finalizing that she is indeed an Arabian. The arch of her neck and the nimble build of her, well, entire body couldn't have made it more obvious.

Tagged: @[Saga]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Unregistered

Saga

The sound of the approach is what pulled Saga from her lull of comfort. She thought she had found an oasis from the bitter cold. Yet, here was someone who thought it was prudent to invade her retreating moments of solitude. It figures she thought grudgingly to herself. She took in a deep breath of the moist air that surrounded the hot spring. She tilted her head; A mask of annoyance plastered itself to her plain features. I would be careful...There could be monsters lurking in there. His statement for some odd reason struck Saga. She turned her violet eyes towards the black mirror of the water. Her own reflection was what stared back at her. Nothing even vaguely unique about her, but was she not a monster in her own right? She probably destroyed her family by leaving to look for her sister. The daughter they who they were already dealing with's death. An Saga simply turned her back on everyone and left to search for Balkin. However, perhaps they were right, and she is dead.

She turned her eyes back towards the red faced brute. A sadness pulled her their corners. "There is no may to it. There is a least one monster in here." Her accented voice dribbled from her lips with ease. "Just as I am sure there are monsters that lurk in the void of darkness in these surrounding woods." the sloshing sound of the warm waters rang in her ears as she manage to rip herself from their entangled clutches, clamoring to the back. She gazed back almost longingly towards the spring, before bringing her stare back to Voodoo.

"Now then, I am Saga. Can I help you with something? Or are you just out to cause trouble?" She watched him contently. She made a file and took notes on his appearance, his demeanor...everything that was apparent to her at least. He seemed youthful. Saga took in his scent and noticed that he smelled lightly of the basin. Kind of like he belonged here and yet, he did not. It was a strange mixture really. Saga herself, had not yet adventure outside of the basin, except for her time in the threshold.

Voodoo

The bland colored mare seemed nothing but bored with my sight, though her eyes expressed some sort of action as she peered back into the mirror-like waters. She's scared now, about something. Good job Mother's voice scowled me, she never would like to see me acting the way I do now. I continued to stare at the bay with emotionless eyes, noting that she too had unique colored eyes, though hers were gentle in almost every way it seemed. Her mouth sagged into a frown, "-there is at least one monster in here." They all cackled loudly in my head, causing a grin to crack across my red hued lips as well; I held back a laugh by biting my tongue.

Oh nooo, the pity! Feel for me! I'm deep and need some one to talk too, woooahh meee they danced around in my head, laughing to themselves as they mocked the currently nameless mare. Instead of saying something witty and rude as I intended, I stayed quiet and watched the female with interest. The comment she had about the possibility of something lurking in the dark woods nearly made the thick fur along my spine stand up. The image of the wolves that danced out of the black abyss toward me and the painted mare flashed vividly behind alert eyes. I just cleared my throat, red rimmed ears flicking backwards.

I remained silent as the mare moved out of the warm waters, her body stained a shade darker from where the water clung onto her fur helplessly. I took in her appearance once more, noticing the black horn jutting from her forehead and the bright gleam of her oil drop eyes were the only things to make her anything but boring. She finally introduced herself, Saga they ran with the name and posted it on the "remember this" wall deep inside my brain. "Mainly out to cause trouble, but that doesn't seem to be the case now."

I tilted my head to the right, red eyes attempting to bore into the mare's purple gaze. The space between us was further than it had been moments ago when she was emerged into the water; I had to change that. My body moved toward the short bay with ease, stopping an arm's length away from her. "I'm Voodoo." My right ear cocked forward, the left staying cocked backward to listen to the endless night surroundings.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Unregistered

Saga

Saga did not need or want Voodoo's pity. She could throw a pity party all by herself. An she has done so on many accounts, but today was not one of them. Her statement was a simple fact. There are many kinds of monsters in the world, it does not make them all evil. It is all about perception; How everyone else views one another. She saw herself as a monster not because she was truly evil...maybe a little morally ambivalent, but because she shattered the lives of those around her without a second thought. However, it was all in the past now. What can she really do to change it? She was trying to start over from anew, like a phoenix raising from the ashes! Oh, who was she trying to kid. She was simply a rag doll hoping someone would pick her up and call their own.

She met the red death's drilling gaze, unflinching. Her erect lobes twitched in reaction to his masculine voice. It took a moment to grasp at his answer as she stared at him. She noticed that everyone here truly had something spectacular about them markings, odd horns, and she was just so very plain. Even in her own family she was considered mundane. Balkin had been a beautiful dappled blue roan, with wolfish golden eyes and a pale face. Her bother Dain was similar in color and markings. But Saga had taken her appearance from somewhere down the generation timeline. An the unicorn that stood before her now, was just as remarkable as the rest. She coked her head to the side as she examined him. She had noticed the distant look in his eyes as if he was momentarily somewhere else. She wondered if he had come across a few of the monsters that lurked in the basin. Saga tried to pull herself together; to ask another question. " So, what has changed your agenda?" She tried to sound as casual as possible, but she was sure that if the entity cared he could tell that she was off her game.

She watched Voodoo, move in closer. Her eyes narrowed at the invasion of her personal space. She shifted her weight out of discomfort. He was so much closer now, and she could get a better view of his face. His red mask gave him a bit of an intimidation factor, but she was not one to back down from uncertainty. Instead she often found herself embracing it, much like she was doing now. He was maybe two and a half feet away from her. She could reach out her wind chapped muzzle and touch him if she had wanted to. Voodoo. Well, is that not an interesting name! She thought surprisingly to herself " Is there a particular meaning to your name? I have to admit it is strange." The question had slipped past her lips before she could stop it. She opened her mouth to try and take back what she asked, but she resigned her self to the fact it was already out in the air, and clamped her mouth closed. Instead she opted for and apology for her rudeness. " I am sorry. I did not mean to be offensive. I tend to ask a lot of questions and sometimes they pop out before I can put a leash on them." She stared at him wide eyed in the darkness. Her breath streamed out of her nostrils like dragons smoke.

It was serene in the silence.

Voodoo

The mare and I made eye contact, her purple eyes seeming to be tracing over my face with the blank stare. My red rimmed ears flicked back in annoyance, my wild black mane flattening out beneath my left ear as it pressed down. What the fuck are you looking at bitch? They bounced around in my head as if they were able to explode into the air and become physical beings. I silently looked down at the mare, my jaw clenching tight, causing my molars to grin together and make a rather disturbing noise.

The mare spoke once more, questioning what had turned my attention span around. I loosened my jaw, ears rotating forward once more as I watched her. She seemed distressed about something, but obviously it was floating in the back of her mind; other wise she would say something, right? Wrongo boy, you need to learn females I dropped my head ever so slightly, bringing it down a tiny bit to her level. "You don't exactly smell like home."

With that said, I watch my shallow breath as it was released it into the dark air for the vapor to swirl into the abyss of darkness. With a quick pause of either of our voices, I drew my face back, my body following along with the motion and setting me a few steps backward. With a soft voice, Saga wanted more information on my name curious as to if it had any meaning behind it. Before I could answer, she apologized, attempting to reel the words that had already escaped her mouth back in. I blinked at her quietly, waiting for the explanation to be over Before I die of old age they mocked, rolling their oil drop eyes.

"No reason to apologize, but no.. I don't believe there is anything in particular that's special about my name. I know that my father named me, but that's all." My eyes fell toward the semi-melted snow that lined the hot spring. Mother would have never picked a name such as "Voodoo," if it weren't for Father, I would probably have been a "Shilo" or "Fluffy," something pathetic and small. "My mother would have never named me Voodoo though." I drew in a deep breath, sighing in a shallow tone.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD